20 Replies Latest reply: Jun 9, 2011 7:07 AM by preswylde RSS

Please dont put the sniper on my team.

gus_7275
Why? Well simply put, 80% of them do not play the objective, 80% of them finish with a minimal amount of kills and a horrendous amount of deaths, Killing a couple of people trying to cap B does not count as pulling your weight as this (and MUCH more) can be done with any other weapon, I dont even need to touch on the subject of quickscoping and finally snipers rarely (not all of you i know but the majority dont) earn any killstreak higher than a napalm strike. So in short what exactly are you doing to help your team? You're not mobile and you're easy to take out cause majority of snipers seem to think they can stay in the same room the entire match 

I felt the need to write this comment as i got stuck with 4 snipers on a team of 6 playing domination earlier, and what do you know? The only flag captures any of them had was the home flag when the game started. The best out of the 4 went 8 for 16 with 1 capture/ 2 defends, now call me crazy but that is just plain bad. Needless to say we lost the match 40-200 

I know im going to get flamed for this so let me get you a box of tissues now before all the crying starts
  • Re: Please dont put the sniper on my team.
    PlanTingClayMore
    That was me today.  I finally started a sniper class to switch things up in my 6th prestige.  Boy do I suck.  I don't even think I could do it if the other team had no guns.  And before you say it screw combat training.  wow I shot a predictable computer.
    gus_7275

PlanTingClayMore wrote:

That was me today.  I finally started a sniper class to switch things up in my 6th prestige.  Boy do I suck.  I don't even think I could do it if the other team had no guns.  And before you say it screw combat training.  wow I shot a predictable computer.

Haha every now and then i pick up a sniper when i need an alternative secondary and its always hit or miss for me, sometimes i manage no/quickscopes purely out of luck and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 hitmarkers from quite a distance and they dont die, the weapon is just to unreliable IMO.
    to be fair it;s the players themselves that are the problem. They are not willing to adapt to the game type/situation. If and when I snipe I do it at times that it will be beneficial. Obviously if you have 4 out of 6 snipers your team will lose. You have to be able to look at your team and play your part.

Team Fortress 2 is one of my favorite shooters because it requires balance. You need to be able to be a good sniper, then switch to a Scout (runner) then switch to a Heavy ( Mini gun/Defense type) etc

This game just seems to not be able to do that. People decide they are run and gunners and everything else is stupid. Or that they are snipers or they are campers. You need to be able to switch it up based on the situation.
    gus_7275

ScottyB83 wrote:

to be fair it;s the players themselves that are the problem. They are not willing to adapt to the game type/situation. If and when I snipe I do it at times that it will be beneficial. Obviously if you have 4 out of 6 snipers your team will lose. You have to be able to look at your team and play your part.

Team Fortress 2 is one of my favorite shooters because it requires balance. You need to be able to be a good sniper, then switch to a Scout (runner) then switch to a Heavy ( Mini gun/Defense type) etc

This game just seems to not be able to do that. People decide they are run and gunners and everything else is stupid. Or that they are snipers or they are campers. You need to be able to switch it up based on the situation.

You put that very well actually. If every player on a team or at least experienced player can play with all types of classes then that team would be almost unstoppable.

gus_7275 wrote:

ScottyB83 wrote:

You put that very well actually. If every player on a team or at least experienced player can play with all types of classes then that team would be almost unstoppable.

Thanks! Feel free to add me. PSN is ScottyB83. I'm working night shift currently but I'll be on in the morning when I get home.

And I highly reccomend everyone try Team Fortress 2. It's part of the orange box...It's an older game so you can get it for probably $20 or less for 5 different full games!

TF2 has a huge emphasis on proper team structure. The graphics obviously aren't as good as COD but it's such a fun game!
    gus_7275

ScottyB83 wrote:

gus_7275 wrote:

ScottyB83 wrote:

Thanks! Feel free to add me. PSN is ScottyB83. I'm working night shift currently but I'll be on in the morning when I get home.

And I highly reccomend everyone try Team Fortress 2. It's part of the orange box...It's an older game so you can get it for probably $20 or less for 5 different full games!

TF2 has a huge emphasis on proper team structure. The graphics obviously aren't as good as COD but it's such a fun game!

Cool man i'll add you when i get back on, not sure what the lag between Australia and Canada would be like but who knows maybe its not that bad.   I've been wanting to get the orange box for a while , especially cause its got the first portal included, thanks will definetly give it a try.
    Xylio
    My favorite gun on my combat record is the L96 and when people see it as my favorite they think im a quickscoper lol... i have about 4000+ kills on it even tho its my 4th most kills gun on my list... but get this though im not that stupid to do any of that QS BS... snipers are ment to cover long passages or keep a watch on B in domination since thats where most traffic is at... only a DA sniper would stay in the same spot after killing 2+ people... people just need to learn how to move around... another thing using a camera spike when sniping without a thermal can be a very helpful tool to keep watch when people try to flank you....else make another sniping class and put on an infrared scope... ive heard so many idiots insults because of the use of infrared scopes but its a smart tactic when so many explosions or smokes are in play or out of range situations.....just beware of the Ghost pro dudes which is rare sometimes....
    I don't snipe like I did on MW2, I was always sniping. REAL sniping. I can't QS. I tried it on MW2. couldn't get the hang of it. I really miss all that hate mail from the QS's...

anyway, I believe it was yesterday I playing Domination on Array, I went 28 - 2, sniping. I'm running counter spy plane, napalm strike and blackbird. all of which help out the TEAM.

knock out the enemies map

make some flame broiled french fries (I know the team gets hungry with all that running they do)

spotting the enemy. the team gets alot of kills since they are now full of french fries and can now play better.

I could be running chopper gunner/dogs/hind but that does not help as much as you would think. yes, I would be getting mad kills but, if the enemy secures a postion while I'm shooting somewhere else, it could mean we could lose the match.

earlier this morning i was playing and some kid is talking about he got the final kill with a 360 QS. sadness.... 2 - 24. his friends were so excited for him but, they still lost.
    lol thats was probs me. im the one going 3-32 just trying to do some cool trickshots
    Lancecasual

ninja_sam55 wrote:

lol thats was probs me. im the one going 3-32 just trying to do some cool trickshots

Do everybody a favor, and only do that in FFA.  What you just stated is why 95% of the community hates you guys.
    Sgt. Cove
    Im guessing these snipers were new to the game, Because when i have a sniper on my team they pull of an pistol with extended mag and race to the objective with me and i ive the stakeout with lightweight and marathon pro.

Lancecasual wrote:

ninja_sam55 wrote:

Do everybody a favor, and only do that in FFA.  What you just stated is why 95% of the community hates you guys.

well i paid for this game and i can play it how i like. who are u to tell me what game modes im allowed to play. i couldnt care less if they hate me. some of u guys forget this game isnt just for winning its for entertainment and i find jumping and doing outrageous shots entertaining.
    Lancecasual

ninja_sam55 wrote:

Lancecasual wrote:

ninja_sam55 wrote:

well i paid for this game and i can play it how i like. who are u to tell me what game modes im allowed to play. i couldnt care less if they hate me. some of u guys forget this game isnt just for winning its for entertainment and i find jumping and doing outrageous shots entertaining.

Well why don't you do it in FFA? 

BTW, I already know the answer, I just want you to say it.

But I will give you props for using the phrase "couldn't care less" properly.
    Sgt. Cove
    Also theres 2 different types of call of duty snipers the succesful high prestege guys who get no scopes and quick scopes and double kills all the time. Then the disapointing campers who in ctf would camp right in the middle of the map with a dragnov acog getting 2-67 and keep going back to the same spot. bottom line is i like having at least one sniper on my team but only if he knows what hes doing.

Lancecasual wrote:

i dont get it....
    Sgt. Cove

ninja_sam55 wrote:

Lancecasual wrote:

i dont get it....

he means he rarly sees people using that phrase correctly

Sgt. Cove wrote:

ninja_sam55 wrote:

Lancecasual wrote:

i dont get it....

he means he rarly sees people using that phrase correctly

how the hell could u use that phrase incorrectly
    Lancecasual
    Because 99% of people say "I could care less"

Lancecasual wrote:

Because 99% of people say "I could care less"

oh ok well i could care less how its spelt     <-------    ha get it.
    preswylde
    This is one of the main reasons that I don't play objective based play lists without a full party with me.  Also one of the reasons I think the mercenary moshpit list was the most idiotic playlist idea to date.