26 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2011 7:27 AM by deadestllama RSS

Hard scoping

LIke qs is stupid.  Hard scoping is called sniping.  I am sick of reading these dumb threads.  Get it right
  • Re: Hard scoping
    Using a sniper to get kills is called sniping no matter how it's done.
    swiftbonehammer

Thomas501fsb wrote:

LIke qs is stupid.  Hard scoping is called sniping.  I am sick of reading these dumb threads.  Get it right

True, the only time I ever qs is when someone runs up on me (MW2 btw) and I don't have time to swap weapons.
    shneebzz

HyperViper wrote:

This

HyperViper wrote:

Agree even more
    ball ache2008

HyperViper wrote:

Completely wrong. Sniping is a tactic, a style of combat whereby stealth and concealment is just as important as accuracy and power. A true sniper has to manage all aspects right to be effective.

If you are suggesting that by using a sniper rifle that you are indeed a sniper, then you sir, have just insulted many people who have has to go through very difficult training to get to wear the badge of "sniper" proud. Nothing a QSer does is close to sniping. They are rifleman and nothing more.

ball ache2008 wrote:

HyperViper wrote:

Completely wrong. Sniping is a tactic, a style of combat whereby stealth and concealment is just as important as accuracy and power. A true sniper has to manage all aspects right to be effective.

If you are suggesting that by using a sniper rifle that you are indeed a sniper, then you sir, have just insulted many people who have has to go through very difficult training to get to wear the badge of "sniper" proud. Nothing a QSer does is close to sniping. They are rifleman and nothing more.

We are talking about a video game here, maybe you have forgot that. So what if this and that isn't like real life. Video games are video games, life is life, 2 totally different things.

You use a sniper (no mattter how or in what way in a videogame) then you're a sniper. You dropshot, then you're a dropshotter. You camp, then you're a camper. You noob tube, then you're a noobtuber.

EDIT: Maybe in MW3 they will make us do a 200 hour training course before we unlock the sniper. 

HyperViper wrote:

ball ache2008 wrote:

HyperViper wrote:

We are talking about a video game here, maybe you have forgot that. So what if this and that isn't like real life. Video games are video games, life is life, 2 totally different things.

You use a sniper (no mattter how or in what way in a videogame) then you're a sniper. You dropshot, then you're a dropshotter. You camp, then you're a camper. You noob tube, then you're a noobtuber.

EDIT: Maybe in MW3 they will make us do a 200 hour training course before we unlock the sniper. 

OK viper, but have you stopped to think that maybe some things HAVE to be realistic? if everything was done by your way of thinking we would be able to fly becasue its just a videogame, correct? sure some things have to be made esier, but there is a line that needs to be drawn, and quickscoping is the wrong side of that line. Sniping is sniping, quickscoping is quickscoping, the only similarity is the gun people use to do both, nothing more.

dstr001 wrote:

OK viper, but have you stopped to think that maybe some things HAVE to be realistic? if everything was done by your way of thinking we would be able to fly becasue its just a videogame, correct? sure some things have to be made esier, but there is a line that needs to be drawn, and quickscoping is the wrong side of that line. Sniping is sniping, quickscoping is quickscoping, the only similarity is the gun people use to do both, nothing more.

Quite alot of things in COD are realistic. Then again, many things aren't.

Think of the whole QSing thing like this..

In COD2 QSing was just as easy, if not easier than MW2. Nobody complained back then. In COD4, QSing was slightly harder than what it was in COD2, yet again nobody was complaining. But now, ever since MW2 SOH noobscoping, QSing has been receiving more hate than the other things that should.
    ball ache2008

HyperViper wrote:

Those are all tactics which describe quite well the methods the player is using. The term "sniper" does not represent what the QSer is doing well and thus is a poor choice of phrase to use, if you don't understand that then fair enough but if i shout careful, sniper, out to my team i would not expect them to think that there is a clown running around trying to use a weapon out of its prefered context. You are a rifleman and nothing more.

And stop with the comparisons to older games. QSing no matter how hard it is does not make you any better then anybody else. If using a weapon incorrectly makes you feel 7337 then good for you but thats not how the rest of us view you...

ball ache2008 wrote:

HyperViper wrote:

Those are all tactics which describe quite well the methods the player is using. The term "sniper" does not represent what the QSer is doing well and thus is a poor choice of phrase to use, if you don't understand that then fair enough but if i shout careful, sniper, out to my team i would not expect them to think that there is a clown running around trying to use a weapon out of its prefered context. You are a rifleman and nothing more.

And stop with the comparisons to older games. QSing no matter how hard it is does not make you any better then anybody else. If using a weapon incorrectly makes you feel 7337 then good for you but thats not how the rest of us view you...

''Poor'' choice of phrase to use maybe but that's what it simply is. I am a human playing a video game using a sniper rifle however the game lets me, nothing more, nothing less, deal with it.

Never said that it does make you 1337 or any better than anyone else so stop assuming things. I QS because it's more fun than going around with an auto getting easy kills. Stop comparing a video game to real life.

End of the day, QSing actually does take alot more effort than using an auto. It's silly how you fail to see that. Please tell me how using an auto is just as easy as QSing? I'm assuming you never QS and thus wouldn't know.

HyperViper wrote:

dstr001 wrote:

In COD2 QSing was just as easy, if not easier than MW2. Nobody complained back then. In COD4, QSing was slightly harder than what it was in COD2, yet again nobody was complaining. But now, ever since MW2 SOH noobscoping, QSing has been receiving more hate than the other things that should.

And why on earth do you think that is? The majority of quickscopers nowadays ruin objective game modes for montages and are often stupid kids that don't give a damn about their team. Quickscopers have nothing but themselves to blame for the hate they receive.

dstr001 wrote:

HyperViper wrote:

dstr001 wrote:

And why on earth do you think that is? The majority of quickscopers nowadays ruin objective game modes for montages and are often stupid kids that don't give a damn about their team. Quickscopers have nothing but themselves to blame for the hate they receive.

It's only a video game. Purpose made to be fun, people have started taking COD way too seriously.

That is true, you do get kids not capturing flags etc but thay are having fun which a video game should be about. It's no different from someone camping not capturing any flags and kill whoring.

If you're in a game with a few QSers not playing the game so seriously as you, ruining your gaming experience, then leave, simple.
    A lot of people who play get their fun from winning, why should that be a bad thing? its a COMPETITIVE GAME, and always has been. In my opinion, you want to quickscope, go play FFA, that way you aren't bringing your team down with you. QS is nothing more than a fad that has lasted far too long.

HyperViper wrote:

you have a point, sir quickscoping was just invented for close quarters if someone runs up on you, even zzirGrizz "hardscopes" sometimes, because the important thing is to hit and kill

dstr001 wrote:

A lot of people who play get their fun from winning, why should that be a bad thing? its a COMPETITIVE GAME, and always has been. In my opinion, you want to quickscope, go play FFA, that way you aren't bringing your team down with you. QS is nothing more than a fad that has lasted far too long.

It's not JUST a competitive game you know. Not everyone like you plays competitively, many play for fun which a video game should be about.

I will play in any game mode I want, like I've already said, if you're in a game with QSers who are not capturing flags and ''ruining'' your gaming experience then go find another match, it's simple. Don't give me the BS about your W/L ratio because it's just a stat.
    ball ache2008

HyperViper wrote:

ball ache2008 wrote:

HyperViper wrote:

''Poor'' choice of phrase to use maybe but that's what it simply is. I am a human playing a video game using a sniper rifle however the game lets me, nothing more, nothing less, deal with it.

Never said that it does make you 1337 or any better than anyone else so stop assuming things. I QS because it's more fun than going around with an auto getting easy kills. Stop comparing a video game to real life.

End of the day, QSing actually does take alot more effort than using an auto. It's silly how you fail to see that. Please tell me how using an auto is just as easy as QSing? I'm assuming you never QS and thus wouldn't know.

Please refer to my other quote, the first one. It does not matter a jot how skillful it is (and i'm not saying it is), it damages in game experience and that is final.

Just using a sniper rifle does not make you a sniper just as not using a sniper rifle does not mean you can't be a sniper. An M14 Acog user can be a sniper if they remain concealed on hardcore for instance and even some very skilled players on core. Just using the weapon doesn't make you a sniper.

You say you don't think you're 7337 yet most posts you are trying to big up how skillful you need to be. This does make it seem like you want people to realise you are doing something you think takes more skill and thus making you out to be a more skillful player then the norm. I, again, suggest that your perception of the reality that others see you in may indeed be different to the true reality of how those players see you when you are both on your team and against you (hint: it won't be nice things).

If you wish to be seen as more skillful without being labeled a *insert regional insult here* then may i suggest crossbows, ballistics, shotguns or some of the weapons included in the game to try to give those looking for a challenge a better option then abusing the sniper rifles as with previous games.

I would be impressed if you got a killstreak with a crossbow and that would require skill that would not make other players think you were a *insert previous insult again*. You say QSing takes skill, i say it is almost as unoriginal at this point as any other style of play.
    ball ache2008

CoBHC_WildChild wrote:

HyperViper wrote:

you have a point, sir quickscoping was just invented for close quarters if someone runs up on you, even zzirGrizz "hardscopes" sometimes, because the important thing is to hit and kill

So much fail in this comment, i really don't know where to start.....

ball ache2008 wrote:

Please refer to my other quote, the first one. It does not matter a jot how skillful it is (and i'm not saying it is), it damages in game experience and that is final.

Just using a sniper rifle does not make you a sniper just as not using a sniper rifle does not mean you can't be a sniper. An M14 Acog user can be a sniper if they remain concealed on hardcore for instance and even some very skilled players on core. Just using the weapon doesn't make you a sniper.

You say you don't think you're 7337 yet most posts you are trying to big up how skillful you need to be. This does make it seem like you want people to realise you are doing something you think takes more skill and thus making you out to be a more skillful player then the norm. I, again, suggest that your perception of the reality that others see you in may indeed be different to the true reality of how those players see you when you are both on your team and against you (hint: it won't be nice things).

If you wish to be seen as more skillful without being labeled a *insert regional insult here* then may i suggest crossbows, ballistics, shotguns or some of the weapons included in the game to try to give those looking for a challenge a better option then abusing the sniper rifles as with previous games.

I would be impressed if you got a killstreak with a crossbow and that would require skill that would not make other players think you were a *insert previous insult again*. You say QSing takes skill, i say it is almost as unoriginal at this point as any other style of play.

LOL no. My posts point out the facts about QSing and what it involves.

You really don't get it do you? How can you not understand how QSing takes more EFFORT than spraying with an auto. It's harder to pull off than other things in COD.

I'm not arguing with you anymore.

You're a serious COD player who expects games to be 100% realistic, that all objective based game modes have to dealt with seriously and any weapon that is used in the ''wrong'' way in accordance to real life is ''unfair'' or something.

I'm a long term player who takes COD for what it is and I accept how the game is and plays for fun.

We have 2 totally different views on the matter, I have dealt with it, have you?

Good day to you now.

Oh, you not heard? QSing has been confirmed for MW3, see you in game. 
    ball ache2008

HyperViper wrote:

You really don't get it do you? How can you not understand how QSing takes more EFFORT than spraying with an auto. It's harder to pull off than other things in COD.

And you don't understand it does not matter a jot about that. Not one single bit.

I feel shonked completely that you think this way.

Good day

ball ache2008 wrote:

HyperViper wrote:

And you don't understand it does not matter a jot about that. Not one single bit.

Good day

If you don't give a ''jot'' about it then good for you.

Maybe one day, just maybe, they will answer your needs and remove it. Then you can come back here and laugh at me telling me it's funny how it's been removed. 
    That6uy420p

HyperViper wrote:

i'm unaware of any sniper that does NOT use the scope...  besides that... no sniper would be found on the front line
    That6uy420p

HyperViper wrote:

ball ache2008 wrote:

HyperViper wrote:

Good day

If you don't give a ''jot'' about it then good for you.

Maybe one day, just maybe, they will answer your needs and remove it. Then you can come back here and laugh at me telling me it's funny how it's been removed. 

as long as you silly kids keep going horribly negative.. I could care less if you can get your 1 in 20 kill shots for a overtly gay montage.  The only time I have an issue with these douchebags pulling these antics is when they are on my team ruining the game for us.  You all children should stick to halo
    Most people who try to QS are bad and won't only ruin their k/d and w/l but their team will hate them. Snipers are meant to be precision weapons and thats why there is a scope on it.
    MzGalaxyz

ball ache2008 wrote:

HyperViper wrote:

You're labling them a clown for using the weapon how they choose to. If you seen someone shooting an AK74u across map would you call them a clown because they're using the gun out of context? Like seriously.

If you're going to lable a Quickscoper a clown because they play how they choose to, then please decide to lable everyone who plays how they choose to play a clown. (For the record, I'm a sniper from Cod4, haven't sniped on Bops once)
    MzGalaxyz

as long as you silly kids keep going horribly negative.. I could care less if you can get your 1 in 20 kill shots for a overtly gay montage.  The only time I have an issue with these douchebags pulling these antics is when they are on my team ruining the game for us.  You all children should stick to halo

If you don't like your team ruining your fun, play free-for-all? It exists for a reason. Sniping in halo is more realistic than CoD anyways, so why don't you stick to it? Unlike CoD, you need a headshot to get a one hit unless the person hasn't got their shield. People don't even try these so-called antics in halo either.
    EDIT: Maybe in MW3 they will make us do a 200 hour training course before we unlock the sniper.  [/quote]

^YES. Finally, the last piece of realism added to the most realistic military shooter franchise ever!