1 2 3 Previous Next 109 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2012 7:50 AM by drdeathmaker RSS

It doesn't make sense?

I read all these threads about K/D ratios and how they can ruin TDM etc.. I agree, totally. However I am at a loss to make sense of how the online games are run.

Countless months are put into engineering these games, they go live and you are left with no real league system online.

Can you imagine a premiership team playing a sunday league team?

I'm getting on, 44 years old, I don't have the reflex of a 15 year old any more. I regularly get a 1+ ratio but rarely get more than 8 kills. I do tend to hold back and even resort to camping if the opposition are young a hot stuff.

It hardly makes a level (or fair) playing field for countless who support and spend damn decent money on the games. You have some of the fastest and most nimble players up against old crocs like me. I don't particularly enjoy the game when there are these fast fingered guys around. In fact it is a major turn off for me. I question whether I will spend more hard earned cash on future games in all honesty.

Many games have this setting and even the main game itself offers varying degrees of settings. It is hardly fair to put a sunday league team up against Man utd!

Surely there must be some kind of a system that can be installed for us slow old crocs to permit these moaning about K/D rates to fight amongst themselves? Some cut off where perhaps it is based on average K/D rates? 0 tp 0.9, 1 and above?

That way, those mouthing off about +2 K/D will soon learn, fighting with players on a level par and they will struggle to maintain that sort of K/D. It will also make it CONSIDERABLY more enjoyable for us slow old farts 
  • 1. Re: It doesn't make sense?
    I think it is fairly clear and obvious by the total lack of response that this would cause the fast players amongst us some problems. Left to battle amongst each other probably isn't what they want as it would mean their K/D rate would seriously reduce. No more easy pickings for them!

Personally I think it is needed. Playing the games you have beginner levels etc.. So why not online?
  • 2. Re: It doesn't make sense?
    onison2
    I was wished a call of duty title would put in a match making that bases on your stats. I makes it a lot easier when you've prestiged, just started the game, or you can't get a grip on the game.
  • 3. Re: It doesn't make sense?
    But that won't happen as all these with 20, 30 and even 40 kills a game will suddenly lose their easy prey and drop to 10 kills a game. I fail to see the fun for many when they have slow noobs like me in the game. I also fail to see the fun for me! I very nearly binned black ops.

Instead I have upgraded the maps twice now and even bought mw2. but unless there is some form of ranking system and games where you are pitted against other players of near equal value, I doubt I will fork out on any more software or hardware to support CoD.
  • 4. Re: It doesn't make sense?
    ElessarStrider
    I console myself with the notion that I'm not deluded enough to think being such an adept thumb twiddler is an actual accomplishment.  The virtually depicted physical prowess is an illusion.  It's only in the thumbs!   see
  • 5. Re: It doesn't make sense?
    Lancecasual
    Just find a good time of day to play.  For me in the central US, it's 5am-9am.  The 5 hour energy drink slamming pimple faces are just going to bed, and it seems that it's mostly people like me who wake up early before work that are playing.  37 by the way.
  • 6. Re: It doesn't make sense?
    rlbl
    I never really considered getting up in the morning and playing COD before going to work (I may do that). I am up North (Canada to my southern friends) and I typically get up at 5:30 am.  I usually just shower, have some grub, pack a lunch a go to work.  I figure that way I am out of work early, and get some COD time in before my wife gets home.

The problem with that is I end up playing with all the teenagers who just got out of school.

41 years young here.
  • 7. Re: It doesn't make sense?
    Lancecasual

RLBL wrote:

I never really considered getting up in the morning and playing COD before going to work (I may do that). I am up North (Canada to my southern friends) and I typically get up at 5:30 am.  I usually just shower, have some grub, pack a lunch a go to work.  I figure that way I am out of work early, and get some COD time in before my wife gets home.

The problem with that is I end up playing with all the teenagers who just got out of school.

41 years young here.

I don't make a point to get up early to do it, but I wake up at 5 and don't leave until 9 or so, I do have some time to kill.  Seems to be the best time for me to have half a chance, which is strange because that used to be the worst time in previous COD games. 

Central time zone for me, in case you were curious.

Evening playing is a nightmare lately, and not because of lag.
  • 8. Re: It doesn't make sense?
    rlbl
    I have found the absolute WORST time to play for me is Saturday afternoon.  I use Saturday/Sunday mornings to get some decent XP as I have found that 6am seems to have the little kids, that have no idea how to work as team, playing. By noonish their big brothers kick them off and then I start to have to work for my XP

• 9. Re: It doesn't make sense?
    Lancecasual

RLBL wrote:

I have found the absolute WORST time to play for me is Saturday afternoon.  I use Saturday/Sunday mornings to get some decent XP as I have found that 6am seems to have the little kids, that have no idea how to work as team, playing. By noonish their big brothers kick them off and then I start to have to work for my XP

Weekend afternoons are the worst for us non professionals 
1 2 3 Previous Next