15 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2012 11:08 PM by weily68 RSS

1 major thing I see wrong with this game

Doc__Holiday-
I'm not sure if this is has been posted about before but here it is.  Why should we be punished for a loss if someone backs out or host has bad connection and then have a failed host migration.  Every time the game gets booted to the main menu its a loss that shouldn't be.  I take pride in my win ratio which is at a 4.90 but I know if it wasnt for failed host migrations or room boots I would around a 10 or higher.  I get that if you rage quit it should be a lost but the ones that rage quit are giving the rest of us loses to.  I really wish you guys could fix this
  • Re: 1 major thing I see wrong with this game
    You could only find one?
    Are you sure you're playing Black Ops?
    dissent_is_cool
    LOLZ! Too funny! Don't get me wrong, I love Black Ops, but there are more issues with this game than their previous games IMO.
    M164LIFE
    dedicated serverssssss....................just get them already its 2011.
    GregorHakha
    You shouldn't let it bother you.
    First of all, it's only a game and NO-ONE except retard clan members are going to care about your K/D or W/L ratio and it's not going to impress anyone, second, boasting about skills in a game is just sad, and third, due to rage quits from the hosts or bad connections from morons (It ALWAYS puts the guy downloading pictures of his mum as the host. always) your W/L doesn't really mean much anyway.
    Honestly, I have been playing for a few days now and am pretty good at the game, but I don't pay attention to my W/L and neither should you.
    I have gotten so much hate mail just for being good at the game and beating high prestige guys and clan members, but I also lose a lot of matches.
    Why?
    Because I get stuck on a team of idiots.
    Here's an example of last night.
    Me - top of the leader board on TDM. 29 kills and 6 deaths. we STILL lost because the guys on my team had things like 4 kills and 13 deaths.

Short version - your W/L is bullshit due to factors you can't control and you shouldn't worry about it. 
    M164LIFE

GregorHakha wrote:

First of all, it's only a game and NO-ONE except retard clan members are going to care about your K/D or W/L ratio and it's not going to impress anyone, second, boasting about skills in a game is just sad, and third, due to rage quits from the hosts or bad connections from morons (It ALWAYS puts the guy downloading pictures of his mum as the host. always) your W/L doesn't really mean much anyway.
    Honestly, I have been playing for a few days now and am pretty good at the game, but I don't pay attention to my W/L and neither should you.
    I have gotten so much hate mail just for being good at the game and beating high prestige guys and clan members, but I also lose a lot of matches.
    Why?
    Me - top of the leader board on TDM. 29 kills and 6 deaths. we STILL lost because the guys on my team had things like 4 kills and 13 deaths.

Short version - your W/L is bullshit due to factors you can't control and you shouldn't worry about it. 

First of all, its your opinion if he wants to worry about it then thats fine he can just because you might think its silly to doesnt mean your right.
    Second, saying bragging about a game is sad and then bragging about how good you are is even sadder.
    Third, W/l means a lot of things from do you unplug, camp your balls off, actually do the objective.
    koskien
    One more thing... Its really annoying when I join a game and there is like 10 seconds left to play and the team i join is loosing badly. It happens all the time, why would they put you in a game that is finished in ten seconds.. Sometimes its not even ten seconds left, first thing that pops up when i join the game is the summary of the game and that my team was defeated. This count as a loss asswell, not that i care about the my stats... I care about playing, not loading a finished game...
    Doc__Holiday-

GregorHakha wrote:

Why?

So let me get this straight its sad to boast about yourself is sad yet you just did saying how you pretty good about this game and you have an awesome game and still lose.  I'm just asking them to fix 1 thing I seen is wrong. Plus the fact that I happen to win a lot and care about about my ratio make me wrong.  If it wasnt anything to worry about then why have a combat record in the first place.  You probably lose a lot so it doesnt bother you but you.  Each to his own
    aaces101
    To the Op:
    I agree completely. This is the absolute worst problem this game has! The w/l ratio isn't what bothers me, it's the idiots that ruin the game for all because they pull out. Something has to be done about this problem and they could start by highlighting in someone's stats how many games they have pulled the plug on. You should be allowed a certain number (of pullouts) for emergencies/ disconnections etc. but after that, you are penalized. For starters, you shouldn't be allowed to host.

Unfortunately, I don't think this problem will be addressed with this game. All we can do is hope they fix it by the time we get MW3. If dedicated servers would help, maybe they should concentrate on that instead of this elite thing.
    You contradicted yourself there mate.

GregorHakha wrote:

boasting about skills in a game is just sad

GregorHakha wrote:

I have been playing for a few days now and am pretty good at the game. I have gotten so much hate mail just for being good at the game and beating high prestige guys and clan members. Because I get stuck on a team of idiots. Me - top of the leader board on TDM. 29 kills and 6 deaths. we STILL lost because the guys on my team had things like 4 kills and 13 deaths.

Just thought I'd bring it up, seemed funny to me. I do however totally agree with you on the next point.

GregorHakha wrote:

your W/L is bullshit due to factors you can't control and you shouldn't worry about it.

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ So true.

aaces101 wrote:

If dedicated servers would help, maybe they should concentrate on that instead of this elite thing.

But that wouldn't earn Activision more money so it'll never happen.
    manan65
    are by any chance holiday doc from youtube?
    spankhiccup

agreed needs to be fixed, but it never will be

indeed lately its hard to get in a match that is good.

weily68

You can't stop rage quitters, and that is the problem.

Those who get dumped into a losing match with 10 seconds left are there because of rage quitters.

Host migration failing is due to rage quitters leaving not enough players in the game.

The only 'fix' I see it is, once a match starts you MUST play it through, there is no 'back out' option.