46 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2011 1:14 PM by JohnnySasaki20 RSS

OFFICIAL I'm Mad, I'm Happy, Famas is getting nerfed

OGP]K!ng$hotgun
Are you happy, mad, don't care? Post thoughts here

I don't care. I hardly use it. As long as the Galil doesn't get nerfed I am happy.
  • Re: OFFICIAL I'm Mad, I'm Happy, Famas is getting nerfed
    Baxter17
    Ill past from the other thread-
    ----------------------------------------------
    Famas has been patched? Whats the difference? Its still a killing machine.
    People who moan about guns being overpowered just need to grow up. Theres obviously going to be a better gun in the game, And if you cant beat it "With your more skilled guns" then why not fight fire with fire?
    People are just whiny little ******* when it comes to this is "Overpowered" ****, That goes to perks and guns.

And yeh, I dont care. lol
    pkkveel
    Galil is next wait and see
    too many people complain about EVERYTHING!
    ghost pro, famas, second chance, RCXD blah blah blah
    suck it up and PLAY THE GAME! if you get into a lobby of second chance ghost silenced famas users leave the lobby !
    or better yet if you can’t realize you are getting worked up over a game then you better do a reality check because you got bigger issues!
    I can admit I have gotten frustrated with corner camper noob toobing famas ghost b!tches in every corner on firing range but left lobby and next game was fine

edit for spelling error
    limowreck
    Don't care. I think it's totally unnecessary. It's fun gun to play with, but not my favorite. Never thought it has too much power compared to other guns.
    hellspaladin
    so I just read the article and basically they just turned it into the Aug... Oh well I guess I'll still use it till I get the challenge points and then switch to the commando like I always do.
    dlundebjerg28
    I'm mad about it, not because I like using the Famas but because once again the whiny b*tches get their way. The Famas isn't overpowered, its overused. Just like the AK74u was before it was nerfed, and just like the Galil will be after the nerfing. There are now overpowered weapons or perks in this game, people need to stop whining.
    jespitia85
    I don't use the gun that much. I think it is unnecessary and shouldn't be getting nerfed.

I can't wait till after the patch, I will be using the FAMAS as much as possible. Can't wait to here them cry about how they are being killed so much even after the patch. Gonna be great
    T-MInus76
    Doesn't really matter, people'll just flock to another weapon. Or the change will be so superficial that the majority won't notice and they'll just continue to use it and thus people will still complain. Causing more cries for it to be nerfed, again, really I didn't see why it needed to be nerfed anyway. It doesn't really affect me but still, it seems Treyarch bent over to all the whiners.
    Dosent matter...galil, aug, g11, AK47 will probably be next cause of these whiney players.
    Slynky1
    I'm disappointed, not because I use the Famas that much (I'm an AUG user) but because I disagree with nerfing in general in 90% of the cases where it is done, despite the game in question.

I got my first real bad taste of nerfing with Diablo 2 right after it came out. I built a Corpse Explosion Necro and Bliz nerfed the skill to the point where my character became absolutely useless. 20+ hours of gameplay wasted. Then I built a Guided Arrow Bowazon... nerfed... another 20+ hours wasted.

Each time, Blizzard was responding the whines from the community about a skill or build being overpowered. They went through countless nerfs, each time taking out the supposedly overpowered build. They claimed they wanted more diversity in character builds. That's an elusive goal that they never achieved after years of nerfing and trying. Each time, the community flocked to a new cookie cutter build.

Nerfing is rarely, if ever, the answer. It's a slippery slope and only leads to further nerfs and more frustration within the community. First the 74u, now the Famas. Some other gun will be next. Eventually, the guns used by those complaining now will be nerfed and then they will be frustrated too.

Instead of nerfing the Famas, why not pick a couple other guns and slightly improve them? This would keep Famas users happy, and probably make another segment happy as well. It might also promote some diversity by getting Famas users to try a different gun under positive circumstances instead of negative ones. Win/Win instead of the Lose/Lose path that nerfing puts the community on.
    phoxxtwo
    I don't really see the need to nerf the Famas, it is part of the game and people should just learn to deal with that fact. I used to use the Famas alot but don't really use it anymore. The higher my prestige level goes the more I want to test my skills using different guns and setups for them.
    phoxxtwo
    Slynky1 I really like your idea of maybe slightly bumping up one or two other guns to make people try different loadouts
    asasa
    The famas is OP and is getting nerfed.

I dont see how anything bad could come of that.
    Death8u4u
    I'm annoyed by it, as it will just lead to more guns getting nerfed consistently.  Once the M14 or MPL get nerfed, I will not be touching the game for any other reason than zombies.
    OGP]K!ng$hotgun
    If the M14 gets nerfed, SEE YA. I have really liked that gun lately.

asasa wrote:

That's because you are likely one of the many people who jump on the bandwagon of ignorance regarding 'overpowered' this and 'overpowered' that. The game is pretty much balanced as it is. Only a few slight tweaks are needed.
    icktastik

dlundebjerg28 wrote:

I'm mad about it, not because I like using the Famas but because once again the whiny b*tches get their way. The Famas isn't overpowered, its overused. Just like the AK74u was before it was nerfed, and just like the Galil will be after the nerfing. There are now overpowered weapons or perks in this game, people need to stop whining.

This - aside from the overused comment.  I think claiming something is overused is almost as lame as claiming it's over powered.  If the weapon is available than it is there to use.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Just my opinion.

And someone else mentioned something along the lines of this as well.  The community as actually created overpowered weapons by crying about "overpowered" weapons.  Once a weapon gets nerfed it automatically makes the other weapons overpowered and than we hit a viscious cycle.

Next Call of Duty?  Call of Duty: Stone age.  We can use spears and Bows & Arrows.  I'm down.
    jespitia85
    the famas getting nerfed is like gay marriage during election time.

find something that will stir up attention and keep people's mind off of the important things.
    jamin75
    I don't really care.  I don't use this gun that much.
    Roachracer
    Mad, didn't need it, bunch of whining idiots that can't stand to lose cry enough and they change it, what's next to be nerfed?

Treyarch=bunch of *******
    MRHepiTitus
    Your MOM should be nerfed
    Snipingdbag
    I’m not touching the game until the patch is done. oke I am, but I’m just saying I am beyond happy that it is getting nerfed. All these people that only use it. Just playing them will be hilarious now. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo why my Famasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I have no problem playing with the gun, nor do I feel cheated when killed by it, simply because I have killed a lot more people with it than they have killed me with it, I made sure of that, if it ever gets over that point I might make a Famas class again, but I don’t think it will now...

When you give an AR smg fire rate, ar recoil, accuracy and range, it’s going to get abused. (best centerspeed of all ars bar g11 with a predictable recoil pattern and again that fire rate and some still think it’s not Op or too easy to use, lol) People who fail to see the imbalance of this gun are A trolls. B Famas “only” depended users or C plain idiots or people so full of their own game experience that they feel counts more than all the statistics and in game experience that back up this gun being OP constantly.

Simply said I am extremely pleased at it being nerfed. You can’t say you feel Gun A is overpowered or that gun B is underpowered (same with perks), you will always be seen as a whiner on these forums by freaking retards who can’t or don’’t want to see the imbalance issues this game clearly has and the Famas nerf won’t change that, but is will certainly help create a bit more variation between the easiest to use section, the AR section, even if the upcoming patch is more placebo than anything. (which I don’t think it will be btw and that’s a good thing as long as the gun remains useful and doesn’t get a “models” type of nerf)

Luckily a 250 something thread of "logical" debating has made the devs see the imbalance of this gun in particular.

On a side note It’s beyond ridiculous that the mp40 never got the nerf on console too, just one nerf would have balanced WAW greatly while having variation overall. Yes, both is possible.

Apparently creating a more balanced shooter is a horrible idea.
    I use the FAMAS a lot so this isn't good news to me.  I wouldn't mind if they changed it to a 3 round burst like MW2 though.  There's only two 3 round burst assault rifles, more variety would be nice.
    asasa

DZ06LT wrote:

asasa wrote:

That's because you are likely one of the many people who jump on the bandwagon of ignorance regarding 'overpowered' this and 'overpowered' that. The game is pretty much balanced as it is. Only a few slight tweaks are needed.

Haha, yet you admit tweaks are needed.

Thats how you fix overpowered weapons dimwit.
    Snipingdbag

Marcus2012(3) wrote:

I use the FAMAS a lot so this isn't good news to me.  I wouldn't mind if they changed it to a 3 round burst like MW2 though.  There's only two 3 round burst assault rifles, more variety would be nice.

If they change it to a 3 round burst it will be a slightly worse version of the G11, now it's an automatic g11 basically. I would love for them to change it to a 3 round burst gun.
    Death8u4u

asasa wrote:

He said tweaks...not complete nerfs.  The FAMAS will probably be pretty much worthless after the update.  That isn't balancing the game by any means, simply creating a useless item in the game.

Snipingdbag wrote:

I’m not touching the game until the patch is done. oke I am, but I’m just saying I am beyond happy that it is getting nerfed. All these people that only use it. Just playing them will be hilarious now. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo why my Famasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I have no problem playing with the gun, nor do I feel cheated when killed by it, simply because I have killed a lot more people with it than they have killed me with it, I made sure of that, if it ever gets over that point I might make a Famas class again, but I don’t think it will now...

When you give an AR smg fire rate, ar recoil, accuracy and range, it’s going to get abused. (best centerspeed of all ars bar g11 with a predictable recoil pattern and again that fire rate and some still think it’s not Op or too easy to use, lol) People who fail to see the imbalance of this gun are A trolls. B Famas “only” depended users or C plain idiots or people so full of their own game experience that they feel counts more than all the statistics and in game experience that back up this gun being OP constantly.

Simply said I am extremely pleased at it being nerfed. You can’t say you feel Gun A is overpowered or that gun B is underpowered (same with perks), you will always be seen as a whiner on these forums by freaking retards who can’t or don’’t want to see the imbalance issues this game clearly has and the Famas nerf won’t change that, but is will certainly help create a bit more variation between the easiest to use section, the AR section, even if the upcoming patch is more placebo than anything. (which I don’t think it will be btw and that’s a good thing as long as the gun remains useful and doesn’t get a “models” type of nerf)

Luckily a 250 something thread of "logical" debating has made the devs see the imbalance of this gun in particular.

On a side note It’s beyond ridiculous that the mp40 never got the nerf on console too, just one nerf would have balanced WAW greatly while having variation overall. Yes, both is possible.

Apparently creating a more balanced shooter is a horrible idea.

The fire rate didn't get touched...

Changes: Tweaks on ADS raise time; Hip fire accuracy reduction; more gun kick (so less accurate) and slightly slower re-center speed.4 hours agoDavidVonderhaar David VonderhaarNot changed: Fire rate, damage, range, or magazine size
    jespitia85

asasa wrote:

DZ06LT wrote:

asasa wrote:

i think he's talking about balance throughout the entire game dimwit

asasa wrote:

DZ06LT wrote:

asasa wrote:

Clearly you didn't acknowledge the word 'slight' in my sentence and the fact that I was referring to the game as a whole. By slight I mean that the game will still be pretty much balanced without these tweaks and that nothing is truly overpowered.
    asasa

Death8u4u wrote:

asasa wrote:

He said tweaks...not complete nerfs.  The FAMAS will probably be pretty much worthless after the update.  That isn't balancing the game by any means, simply creating a useless item in the game.

Yet you assume I want it to be worthless? No. All I want is a gunkick increase from 60 to 70 on up and to the right, centerspeed to 1400

"nothing is truly overpowered"

The famas is literally 1:1 just as accurate as the Galil/Enfield. Fire 3 shots from both. They will average the same movement. Yet the famas shoots faster. Overpowered.
    MRHepiTitus
    Here is a question. Shouldnt some weapons have more power than other? If not they would all be the same power. I guess going on the logic that no weapons should be more powerful than the rest, the next step would be to either give all weapons the same power or gets nip the problem in the butt and have only one weapon. However I bet if there was only one weapon to chose from the cry babies would still call it over powered and want it nerfed. If you spent as much time learning how to play that you did crying about getting killed you might actually get better at the game and not have to cry so much.

jespitia85 wrote:

i think he's talking about balance throughout the entire game dimwit

Nice to know some people can read. 

And i'm not being sarcastic by the way. I'm just glad you understood what I meant.
    Death8u4u

asasa wrote:

Yet you assume I want it to be worthless? No. All I want is a gunkick increase from 60 to 70 on up and to the right, centerspeed to 1400

The famas is literally 1:1 just as accurate as the Galil/Enfield. Fire 3 shots from both. They will average the same movement. Yet the famas shoots faster. Overpowered.

Considering you're ecstatic about the update...you do want it to be worthless.

I'd also like to point out that the M14 can easily beat out the FAMAS even in close quarters (obviously it will decimate it at medium to long distance) and the MPL also decimates it in close to medium quarters.  If the FAMAS is overpowered, my favorite two guns have to be nerfed.
    asasa
    Except that doesnt even make any sense.

The Famas is somehow not OP... because he says
    "balance throughout the entire game"

OP is OP.

Death8u4u wrote:

asasa wrote:

I'd also like to point out that the M14 can easily beat out the FAMAS even in close quarters (obviously it will decimate it at medium to long distance) and the MPL also decimates it in close to medium quarters.  If the FAMAS is overpowered, my favorite two guns have to be nerfed.

Exactly. Just because a gun is easy to use doesn't make it overpowered.

The G11 for example, is harder to get used to than the FAMAS, but is arguably a far more effective gun in the right hands.
    xxx_gitem_bloc_xxx

OGP wrote:

K!ng$hotgun":gicjyklq]Are you happy, mad, don't care? Post thoughts here

I don't care. I hardly use it. As long as the Galil doesn't get nerfed I am happy.

honestly i don't understand why treyarch listens to little kids that join this forum and complain. If they are going to take into consideration someones thought, suggestions, at least make sure they are of age to even play this game. You see a whole bunch of stuff getting nerfed but barely anything getting buffed. Like shotguns as a primary. The masterkey (a weapon  attachment) kills just like the stakeout. They barely have any range, and you often get a hitmarker at respectable range with the first shot. How can you use a primary weapon that is inconsistent. Treyarch is too busy nerfing things (taking away any fun this game barely has) instead of buffing the noticeable things. Soon everything is going to take a full clip to kill someone. Soon a will have to direct impact someone with two crossbow arrows to get a kill. There's barely any weapons in this game that are consistent which is why most use the famas. This game will soon be flat out garbage, just another case collecting dust..
    asasa

Death8u4u wrote:

asasa wrote:

No dipshit, I dont. I want balance.

and no, the M14 isnt better than the Famas at any distance.
    Death8u4u

asasa wrote:

No dipshit, I dont. I want balance.

and no, the M14 isnt better than the Famas at any distance.

Right...you do realize you're proving our points, correct?
    blackopsisepic
    Well do you guys want a game where you can get dropped by 2 pistol hits? Yes i thought so.
    xxx_gitem_bloc_xxx

Slynky1 wrote:

I'm disappointed, not because I use the Famas that much (I'm an AUG user) but because I disagree with nerfing in general in 90% of the cases where it is done, despite the game in question.

I got my first real bad taste of nerfing with Diablo 2 right after it came out. I built a Corpse Explosion Necro and Bliz nerfed the skill to the point where my character became absolutely useless. 20+ hours of gameplay wasted. Then I built a Guided Arrow Bowazon... nerfed... another 20+ hours wasted.

Each time, Blizzard was responding the whines from the community about a skill or build being overpowered. They went through countless nerfs, each time taking out the supposedly overpowered build. They claimed they wanted more diversity in character builds. That's an elusive goal that they never achieved after years of nerfing and trying. Each time, the community flocked to a new cookie cutter build.

Nerfing is rarely, if ever, the answer. It's a slippery slope and only leads to further nerfs and more frustration within the community. First the 74u, now the Famas. Some other gun will be next. Eventually, the guns used by those complaining now will be nerfed and then they will be frustrated too.

Instead of nerfing the Famas, why not pick a couple other guns and slightly improve them? This would keep Famas users happy, and probably make another segment happy as well. It might also promote some diversity by getting Famas users to try a different gun under positive circumstances instead of negative ones. Win/Win instead of the Lose/Lose path that nerfing puts the community on.

completely agree, i just posted something similiar. Treyarch is too busy nerfing instead of improving other guns. I don't use the famas that much, i am an AK47 user, but the way treyarch is unprofessional going about improvements in gameplay is completely $tupid. i'm sorry to put it like that but it's true. Soon they are gonna nerf the AK47 and then the galil. Then what fun are we going to have in this game??? can anyone answer this?
    dagdamoare
    how can you honestly sit there and say this is overpowered is it the guns fault you didnt A: back track to check your six B: you didnt throw a tactical grenade to check a room or choke point or obvious ambush site C: and finally you thought hey its a game im all powerful im just going to run headlong into the enemies fire and kill everyone then you realized oh wait a second thats just a fantasy world you created in your mind so you can cope with your lonely existence so get real and learn to play the game stop the whining and start taking responsability for you own actions hey you might even get a girl to talk to you then.
    elmo_touches_me
    treyarch think they're making Black Ops better... but they're making it worse for 95% of the community.
    the word "overpowered" just pisses me off, c'mon, so now i need to shoot someone 3 times in the Brain to kill them... yeah because that makes sense... NOT.
    Treyarch just completely failed with Black Ops, and they even deciuded tu put Noobtubes and second chance in because they "listen to the community", oh and we all love second chance and noobtubes. Black Ops is just boring. i was bored of it by christmas 2010, 1 month after its release and i'm only starting to get bored of MW2 now, 19 months after its release, so that's a 19:1 ratio of playability between MW2 and Black Ops for me.

Congratulations Treyarch, you seem to have ****** up Black Ops
    JohnnySasaki20
    Frankly, I don't care, beings I never use it, but it's gonna be awesome watching all the noobs b*tch and moan about it and then go like 3-25 or something, lol.

Wow, if they just fixed the lag and frame rates this game might actually start to be about skill.