8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2011 3:21 PM by gearup RSS

Need to die less

ertert222
I am  new to this and am still learning how everything works. (I'm at level 25). Two things are getting very annoying I don't understand.
What happens A LOT, I come around a corner or into a room, etc and run into someone. Quite often I am on target and shoot first. Several rounds. But I die. Very frustrating. I am well aware there are other players much faster and more skilled but I know when I got them first.
The other thing that I started noticing in the instant replay when I get shot, sometimes things don't look quite right. I have replayed in slow motion from the shooters perspective and have seen SEVERAL times, the sights (scopes) are not on target.  Some times not even close.
I have seen several quick one shot sniper kills OFF TARGET. Some way off. Cross hairs above the head and a head width to the side.
It is like if you get your target in the scopes field of view you get a kill. Is this a cheat or mod or special perk?
It is an obvious miss but you have no chance to do anything.
  • Re: Need to die less
    Are you fairly new to FPS? It takes at least six months before most people build the skills to reach a 1:1 kill to death ratio on a consistent basis. You're playing against people who have already been playing a while. It's an uphill battle. So the question is, is it worth the effort? Maybe not. Certainly not if you're not having much fun. Maybe it's better to pick up a book or learn a new skill, something that could be applied to real life. I wish I had come to that conclusion five years ago. I wouldn't be wasting so much time playing pointless games.
    ApesMightFly
    The two situations you mentioned are most probably lag, the bane of online FPS games. It can be really frustrating but that's the way it goes sometimes. I shot a guy 4 times in the belly the other day while he was in last stand and he still killed me. You will also love the bending bullets, take a hit, dive behind cover and then die anyway. When you watch the killcam you will see yourself stood in the open and not even getting close to the cover you know you made it behind on your screen.
    rawtoast

ertert222 wrote:

I am  new to this and am still learning how everything works. (I'm at level 25). Two things are getting very annoying I don't understand.
    What happens A LOT, I come around a corner or into a room, etc and run into someone. Quite often I am on target and shoot first. Several rounds. But I die. Very frustrating. I am well aware there are other players much faster and more skilled but I know when I got them first.
    The other thing that I started noticing in the instant replay when I get shot, sometimes things don't look quite right. I have replayed in slow motion from the shooters perspective and have seen SEVERAL times, the sights (scopes) are not on target.  Some times not even close.
    I have seen several quick one shot sniper kills OFF TARGET. Some way off. Cross hairs above the head and a head width to the side.
    It is like if you get your target in the scopes field of view you get a kill. Is this a cheat or mod or special perk?

It can be lag. but there are plenty of cheaters out here, If you see it's the same player pulling the bs off over & over it's more likely a cheat & if all the players are doing the same thing it's probably lag.. But from my experience on how many noobs are out there using cheats you probably just found another cheater.
    The Ping Correction perk that comes w/ many multihax can do what your saying where the enemy is getting pwned by bullets as the shooters crosshairs are way off target.

unfortunately it's tough for new gamers to enjoy themselves in PC land because so many new gamers jump on PC to dl cheats & claim they got skills when they suck.
    Just try & find yourself a few decent players who don't cheat & spend your time playing with them. PC gaming is a joke even if you've been playing for decades like myself.. We don't have much of a chance against these noobs who dl cheats use them discreetly & claim to everyone they need to L2P. actually look at the list below.. with all the perks of the aimbot any noob can set it up & look like a legit pro to 90% of the community. they've added so much into these hax to make them look like a legit player its beyond ridiculous...

from the hax site
    Ping Correction (Corrects the aimbot when the ping is high)

& heres a full description of what an aimbot can do.. & each can be toggled on or off.
    - Autobot (Automatically aims when a player can be hit or is visible)
    - AimThru (Aim via Crosshair, Distance, Visibility or Automatically)
    - AimAt (Choose at what bone the aimbot aims. Options are head, neck or spine)
    - AimKey (Set a custom aimkey)
    - Visibility Check
    - BoneScan (Scans players for bones and checks if they're visible / can be hit)
    - Knifebot (Automatically knives when a target becomes within a range of 10 game units)
    - AutoSwitch (Automatically switches target when the current target isn't alive anymore or is invalid)
    - Autoshoot (Automatically shoots when the aimbot has a target. Can be set to always autoshoot, when visible or when the target can be hit)
    - AutoWall (Calculates if a player can be hit through walls)
    - AutoZoom (Automatically zooms in when the aimbot has a target)
    - AutoProne (Automatically prones when you take damage)
    - Field Of View (Only lets the aimbot aim when a target is within your field of view (0 - 360 degrees)
    - Human Aim (Let the aimbot aim slower to make it look more legit)
    - Aim Speed (0 - 1.5)
    - Ping Correction (Corrects the aimbot when the ping is high (0 - 10)
    - Abitility to aim at friendly players
    mcduke
    Try playing on tactical servers, also known as crouch servers. They are slower paced and gives you time to actually think and explore the game more.  I was playing on one a few days ago and got a phone call. So I backed into an area with good coverage figuring I'll actively play again when the phone call was over. While talking on the phone I got five kills from players just coming into view

rawtoast wrote:

ertert222 wrote:

It can be lag. but there are plenty of cheaters out here, If you see it's the same player pulling the bs off over & over it's more likely a cheat & if all the players are doing the same thing it's probably lag.. But from my experience on how many noobs are out there using cheats you probably just found another cheater.
    The Ping Correction perk that comes w/ many multihax can do what your saying where the enemy is getting pwned by bullets as the shooters crosshairs are way off target.

unfortunately it's tough for new gamers to enjoy themselves in PC land because so many new gamers jump on PC to dl cheats & claim they got skills when they suck.
    Just try & find yourself a few decent players who don't cheat & spend your time playing with them. PC gaming is a joke even if you've been playing for decades like myself.. We don't have much of a chance against these noobs who dl cheats use them discreetly & claim to everyone they need to L2P. actually look at the list below.. with all the perks of the aimbot any noob can set it up & look like a legit pro to 90% of the community. they've added so much into these hax to make them look like a legit player its beyond ridiculous...

from the hax site
    Ping Correction (Corrects the aimbot when the ping is high)

& heres a full description of what an aimbot can do.. & each can be toggled on or off.
    - Autobot (Automatically aims when a player can be hit or is visible)
    - AimThru (Aim via Crosshair, Distance, Visibility or Automatically)
    - AimAt (Choose at what bone the aimbot aims. Options are head, neck or spine)
    - AimKey (Set a custom aimkey)
    - Visibility Check
    - BoneScan (Scans players for bones and checks if they're visible / can be hit)
    - Knifebot (Automatically knives when a target becomes within a range of 10 game units)
    - AutoSwitch (Automatically switches target when the current target isn't alive anymore or is invalid)
    - Autoshoot (Automatically shoots when the aimbot has a target. Can be set to always autoshoot, when visible or when the target can be hit)
    - AutoWall (Calculates if a player can be hit through walls)
    - AutoZoom (Automatically zooms in when the aimbot has a target)
    - AutoProne (Automatically prones when you take damage)
    - Field Of View (Only lets the aimbot aim when a target is within your field of view (0 - 360 degrees)
    - Human Aim (Let the aimbot aim slower to make it look more legit)
    - Aim Speed (0 - 1.5)
    - Ping Correction (Corrects the aimbot when the ping is high (0 - 10)
    - Abitility to aim at friendly players

wow that aimbot junk could realy ruin a good game what fun is it if it plays its self wile u watch
    rawtoast
    when its set up the right way most people won't recognize the cheat. So..., many cheaters get to walk around having people think they are actually good players, having clans & they're admins begging them to join the team everywhere they play, (it makes them feel important) not like in there regular lives where they are a NOBODY & No One pays them any mind at all. here they are important &/Or recognized.. Then there are the guys who come in with the cheat glaring just to annoy everyone..

rawtoast wrote:

when its set up the right way most people won't recognize the cheat. So..., many cheaters get to walk around having people think they are actually good players, having clans & they're admins begging them to join the team everywhere they play, (it makes them feel important) not like in there regular lives where they are a NOBODY & No One pays them any mind at all. here they are important &/Or recognized.. Then there are the guys who come in with the cheat glaring just to annoy everyone..

And then there are people that suspect a cheater around every corner......

Paranoid much??
    gearup
    maybe you were at an high ping and your opponet at a low ping
    so you think you were firt on the target but in fact your opponet saw you first
    check out the ping column at the right of the server name in the servers list to take the lowest server ping