34 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2011 4:54 AM by noobtoendallnoobs RSS

The Famas nerf.

xxmrdarkpiexx
Well, props to you david. 7 Months of taking all the critics and the shittalking about the Famas. But, the day is finally here. The famas will be nerfed.
Yet again I will critize the community support of TreyArch and I will pull out the dusty words I put in the drawers when the 74u Grip was nerfed.
You are listening to the wrong people. Sure, I can understand that you will get so mad at some point that you will do anything just to make them shut up, but still. But think about this, the first 2 dominoes have fallen, the other 5 or so (The other weapons that are considered ''Overpowered'' Like the Galil and such) will fall soon. Still I find it funny that you said ''Famas won't be nerfed, period'' on twitter. David, if you make promises, KEEP THEM. I'm not mad at you or the treyarch team, you made a great game and you deserve to be proud of yourself especially for releasing map packs so quick. But, the people who bug you, don't know better. They find themselves get killed by a gun too much and call it overpowered, then they will take advantage of the community support and whine about it.

The galil will be next, mark my words. Just put a halt to it now, before it gets out of hand. I never had problems or the Treyarch team with you on WaW or BlackOps, just with the immature community that plays it.

Btw: Thank for reading, I know this is tl;dr
  • Re: The Famas nerf.

xX MrDarkPie Xx wrote:

Well, props to you david. 7 Months of taking all the critics and the shittalking about the Famas. But, the day is finally here. The famas will be nerfed.
    Yet again I will critize the community support of TreyArch and I will pull out the dusty words I put in the drawers when the 74u Grip was nerfed.
    You are listening to the wrong people. Sure, I can understand that you will get so mad at some point that you will do anything just to make them shut up, but still. But think about this, the first 2 dominoes have fallen, the other 5 or so (The other weapons that are considered ''Overpowered'' Like the Galil and such) will fall soon. Still I find it funny that you said ''Famas won't be nerfed, period'' on twitter. David, if you make promises, KEEP THEM. I'm not mad at you or the treyarch team, you made a great game and you deserve to be proud of yourself especially for releasing map packs so quick. But, the people who bug you, don't know better. They find themselves get killed by a gun too much and call it overpowered, then they will take advantage of the community support and whine about it.

The galil will be next, mark my words. Just put a halt to it now, before it gets out of hand. I never had problems or the Treyarch team with you on WaW or BlackOps, just with the immature community that plays it.

LMAO, already moving on to the Galil huh?

Well, you go right ahead and "toot that horn"

Stupidity prevails.
    xxmrdarkpiexx

splittinwigs wrote:

xX MrDarkPie Xx wrote:

I don't toot anything. People will never stop whining about gun damage and all that.

Stupidity prevails.

rankismet

xX MrDarkPie Xx wrote:

splittinwigs wrote:

xX MrDarkPie Xx wrote:

I don't toot anything. People will never stop whining about gun damage and all that.

Stupidity prevails.

Haven't quite figured out the quote feature, huh?
    xxmrdarkpiexx
    I have, it just horribly failed on me. 
    Film not Rated
    If it ever came to the Galil being nerfed, he would have to resort to the AUG! Oh no!

all fairness - Try different guns, you might actually be a better player.
    ballertoth

xX MrDarkPie Xx wrote:

100% agree with you.  Good post.  It will be the GALIL or AUG next...who knows.  I remember when it was the AK74u.  At that time you never heard a peep about the FAMAS.  Now the FAMAS is getting pinched...ahhh

I also like how people that flame arguments like yours resort to "now you have to use a different gun loser" or something like that.  They assume that's the only gun people use that are against the nerfing of the FAMAS.  The FAMAS is 1 of 6 guns I use (FAMAS, GALIL, AUG, AK47, COMMANDO, G11).  I wonder how much time those guns have left before they are turned into super soakers.
    Cable99

Film not Rated wrote:

If it ever came to the Galil being nerfed, he would have to resort to the AUG! Oh no!

Don't think you or Wiggy got what he was driving at. I support his statement 100%.
    The "nerf" bites. In fact, Nerf is for children-real men don't need things to be made out of foam rubber.
    ukscorpz
    I think as other users have stated other guns just need to be buffed, no nerfing is required lol.
    Another pointless thread that makes you no different to the people who complained about the Famas in the first place.

Dont criticize the changes they make. They are trying to make the community happy. Sadly its impossible to sift through the hundreds of thousands of voices and work out what the "average" user wants. So instead, they just fix what is complained about the most.

Realistically, we have had 2 nerfs, the ak74u and now the famas. These were both amazingly good guns within their category, which is something i don't see as a bad thing, but due to lag issues for some people, this did make it just a touch unbalanced. As with any good gun in real life or in a game, people gravitated towards this. As a result, those who were at a disadvantage against it due to bad connections, (or in some cases just lacking in skill) got a little sandy vag over it.

At the end of the day, i wouldn't call this a nerf so much as a fine tune. The gun is still going to be a formidable weapon, and i doubt we'll have a huge noticeable change other than dying maybe that 1 time in 5 more due to the recenter change. This is something you can learn to accommodate for just as those running the ak74u did. I still get pwned by that gun despite its "nerfing" same will apply to the famas.
    Film not Rated

Cable 99 wrote:

Film not Rated wrote:

Don't think you or Wiggy got what he was driving at. I support his statement 100%.
    The "nerf" bites. In fact, Nerf is for children-real men don't need things to be made out of foam rubber.

I understand, and lol at the nerf comment. :P

But hes resorting to just guns that can still compete with the Famas, and if they ever do for some reason get nerfed, he will move onto the AUG, cause I don't believe he has gun variety.
    2ndlt.colt
    Aww someone's unhappy that he lost easy mode! Who's a little cry baby? Who's a little cry baby? Yes you are. Yes you are!
    supaghost99
    i like these threads about people b!tching about the famas nerf. get the fvck over it, the gun was OP, no other guns are OP atm. shut ur mouths, and deal. wahh wahh they nerfed my cheap ass gun. woe is me.
    Film not Rated

supaghost99 wrote:

i like these threads about people b!tching about the famas nerf. get the fvck over it, the gun was OP, no other guns are OP atm. shut ur mouths, and deal. wahh wahh they nerfed my cheap ass gun. woe is me.

My controller is OP!! No one shall nerf me!

Hehehehe.
    TJskillz169
    How is the Galil OP, if the Galil is op then so is the AK47, Commando, the Enfield, and the Aug are op.... oh wait the aug is already op
    but really, what does the Galil have that makes it so much better? the five extra bullets?
    Film not Rated

TJskillz169 wrote:

How is the Galil OP, if the Galil is op then so is the AK47, Commando, the Enfield, and the Aug are op.... oh wait the aug is already op
    but really, what does the Galil have that makes it so much better? the five extra bullets?

Nothing is OP until someone complains cause they die, if someone can outgun those listed, they shouldn't be classed as OP.

Fact of the matter I can outgun any of those guns with a Pistol, funny how that works, right?
    Galil has small recoil and good damage, which is why hes going to use it, most likely.
    kevo9359
    3arc community support sucks, don't believe me? Put in WaW.
    Jeffrey202095
    I think the skorpion is OP. I died from it 3 out of 18 bajillion times I died.  :shock:

Jeffrey202095 wrote:

I think the skorpion is OP. I died from it 3 out of 18 bajillion times I died.  :shock:

Check your stats, you'll probably find you have not even died that many times by the scorpion. Besides its range sucks.
    Jeffrey202095

Blood Apathy wrote:

Jeffrey202095 wrote:

Check your stats, you'll probably find you have not even died that many times by the scorpion. Besides its range sucks.

Ohgod, 96 deaths. WAY TOO MANY TIMES. NERF IT NOW.

Jeffrey202095 wrote:

Blood Apathy wrote:

Jeffrey202095 wrote:

Ohgod, 96 deaths. WAY TOO MANY TIMES. NERF IT NOW.

Clearly the rang on these is too long, they should drop it to being the same range as your knife lunge. What do you think?
    xboywond3rx
    if they are gonna nerf something, they need to address the "selective" commando during knifing. theres times where ill knife a guy almost 15 feet away with no chance i get him, and obviously it happens to me.

people need to start trying the m16, it really is the best gun
    3arc for this you'll need to look at infinity ward style thats the best way, DON'T FIX IT **** ON THE COMMUNITY.
    ghosthound
    This game only has 4 months to live anyway - so nerf away fools. 

GhostHound wrote:

This game only has 4 months to live anyway - so nerf away fools. 

When your right, your right.

I think the FAMAS could use a little tweak, but, they are dumbing down the entire accuracy from start to finish. I read the tweets, the gun might become garbage instead of nerfed.
    xxmrdarkpiexx
    I find it funny that people actually think that I call the galil overpowered or say the Famas is unfair against other guns.
    Is reading that hard these days?
    And I'm glad at least some people agree with me out of all the flame comments.
    trialstardragon
    Sure is, have to have a college level reading skill to undertand and comprehend what other people type on these forums some times.

Nah, reading and comprehending is simple getting past ones on view and feelings on a topic is another thing entirely.
    xxmrdarkpiexx
    I'm not the best at english grammar either, but atleast I sure do know how to read.

xX MrDarkPie Xx wrote:

I find it funny that people actually think that I call the galil overpowered or say the Famas is unfair against other guns.
    Is reading that hard these days?
    And I'm glad at least some people agree with me out of all the flame comments.

That is funny, because I never even read the OP, not a single word of it, but I seen you got flamed instantly by the second post, so that was enough.
    Dangerous Delb

xX MrDarkPie Xx wrote:

Good post OP, i agree
    *Space Warfare*
    the famas still the same
    TomeL

*Space Warfare* wrote:

the famas still the same

He said three weeks.So it's probably in title update 11.

xX MrDarkPie Xx wrote:

I would like to know what an overpowered gun is if the Famas / AK74u weren't at release date...  Though reading that the WaW community was immature, I guess you didn't think the MP40 was too overpowered, did you? 

They needed to do this for a while, although I would have been happier if the matchmaking system would be one up'd so it didn't pick the person with the worst connection in the game to be host at all time instead of the famas tweaks.
    Hoggsynator2011
    The Famas may be a little OP, but not that bothered about it to be honest i still have fun and have a decent enough record without using it.
    Although it would be nice to see abit more variety out there. Galil/AK47 and MPL work for me.
    shhhh....the famas "nerf" was a joke to keep the kiddies playing COD...please keep it a secret!