1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 9:48 PM by dresden_1973 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: More HardCore Community Voices Speaking Up Now - Good!
    Cable99

Jworthman wrote:

To me, this moshpit mode is an attempt to get players to play gamemodes that didn't have much popularity.  It's like a child drawing a picture and shoving it in your face and saying "look at me look at me!"   THe best way to get people to play these modes is to make them fun and rewarding.  If they added them without removing the other game modes that's fine, but for players like me who only played certain modes (HCHQ) it was enough for me to put down the game.  I can't stand the campfest of CTF, TDM, or FFA.  It's just not fun.  HQ was the only gamemode that prevented camping.  People can claim all they want that everyone loves it, but the fact of the matter is, every lobby i get into people are constantly leaving and trying to get the modes they want to play.  Anyone can go into a lobby and see that for themselves. 

Obviously players want to choose which game mode to play, so giving them that option is not to much to ask for. Removing that, was without a doubt, dumb.  I tried to give this a chance, but it's ruined the game for me.

I also get the "oh well they ahd a thread asking about what you wanted for HQ up for over a month." Well, how was I supposed to know that.  Why don't they try posting that on the game instead of hiding it in the forums here, which is a very SMALL minority of players.

Your comment about HQ being the only mode that prevented camping?  
    I almost wish HQ stood alone right now so I could bring my team over to meet your team.
    I imagine our usual method of play would shock you out of your socks. 

As for Deadly DN's comments-he's misinformed.
    We asked for #morehardcoregamemodes and that's all. Nothing about 2cnd Chance, changing CTF time, etc

Treyarch built them-the way they are now.
  • 31. Re: More HardCore Community Voices Speaking Up Now - Good!
    Jworthman

splittinwigs wrote:

Jworthman wrote:

Actually, I still haven't seen this thread people are talking about, so no, I haven't found it.  If they wanted everyones opinion, they could of easily put it on the game "looking for ideas on how to improve headquarters, visit the website to find out more." Unlike you, most people don't spend their entire free time on forums.  As for being one sided, I think so far you've only been one sided.  I bet you don't even play hardcore mode, which is why you're such a fanboy.  I've stated other places that they did have some good improvements, like fixing ninja pro.  But if you fail to see things could of gone in a much better direction, then whatever man live in your fantasy computer world.

Your ignorance is showing again, see my last post to the other guy to see my response to Wiggy's "fantasy computer world"

Enjoy

Go ahead, brag about your awesome job to people on forums that you don't even know.  If that's what makes you feel good about yourself more power to you.  Your just amazing dude, I wish my life was as fulfilling as yours.  You're such a hypocrite, your the one who is one sided and ignorant. I'm done wasting my time with you man, there is no point with you.  Besides, I didn't get on to talk to you, I got on to voice my opinion to trey arch, do you work for them? No? Though so.
  • 32. Re: More HardCore Community Voices Speaking Up Now - Good!
    Deadly DN

Cable 99 wrote:

Jworthman wrote:

To me, this moshpit mode is an attempt to get players to play gamemodes that didn't have much popularity.  It's like a child drawing a picture and shoving it in your face and saying "look at me look at me!"   THe best way to get people to play these modes is to make them fun and rewarding.  If they added them without removing the other game modes that's fine, but for players like me who only played certain modes (HCHQ) it was enough for me to put down the game.  I can't stand the campfest of CTF, TDM, or FFA.  It's just not fun.  HQ was the only gamemode that prevented camping.  People can claim all they want that everyone loves it, but the fact of the matter is, every lobby i get into people are constantly leaving and trying to get the modes they want to play.  Anyone can go into a lobby and see that for themselves. 

Obviously players want to choose which game mode to play, so giving them that option is not to much to ask for. Removing that, was without a doubt, dumb.  I tried to give this a chance, but it's ruined the game for me.

I also get the "oh well they ahd a thread asking about what you wanted for HQ up for over a month." Well, how was I supposed to know that.  Why don't they try posting that on the game instead of hiding it in the forums here, which is a very SMALL minority of players.

Your comment about HQ being the only mode that prevented camping?  
    I almost wish HQ stood alone right now so I could bring my team over to meet your team.
    I imagine our usual method of play would shock you out of your socks. 

As for Deadly DN's comments-he's misinformed.
    We asked for #morehardcoregamemodes and that's all. Nothing about 2cnd Chance, changing CTF time, etc

Treyarch built them-the way they are now.

That more modes i like and is a good thought.
  • 33. Re: More HardCore Community Voices Speaking Up Now - Good!
    iif0xh0undii
    I agree with Operator-1, some of the comments I have seen are disheartening. Everyone stay frosty and lay off the hate.
  • 34. Re: More HardCore Community Voices Speaking Up Now - Good!
    bleedorange0037
    The main thing that frustrates me now is just being forced into playing games that award so little XP for playing them. I had gotten to the point that 15th prestige finally felt within my grasp but now not so much. I could go through a prestige in about 22-24 hours of gameplay time on HC HQ, but if last night is any indication, I'll be lucky if I get to play HQ even 20% of the time. I played 3 games last night and it was never even a voting option. You're lucky in domination to get even 1/3 of the points a good game of HQ would get you, and CTF is maybe 1/2. So now I've gone from looking at about 24 hours each to get through the last 3 prestiges to 50-60 hours each. Very frustrating.
  • 35. Re: More HardCore Community Voices Speaking Up Now - Good!

bleedorange0037 wrote:

The main thing that frustrates me now is just being forced into playing games that award so little XP for playing them. I had gotten to the point that 15th prestige finally felt within my grasp but now not so much. I could go through a prestige in about 22-24 hours of gameplay time on HC HQ, but if last night is any indication, I'll be lucky if I get to play HQ even 20% of the time. I played 3 games last night and it was never even a voting option. You're lucky in domination to get even 1/3 of the points a good game of HQ would get you, and CTF is maybe 1/2. So now I've gone from looking at about 24 hours each to get through the last 3 prestiges to 50-60 hours each. Very frustrating.

Double XP is next weekend, if you can't get through 15th with double XP, there is a bigger issue.

What else ya got?
  • 36. Re: More HardCore Community Voices Speaking Up Now - Good!

II F0XH0UND II wrote:

Everyone stay frosty and lay off the hate.

So what you are saying is that this applies to everyone...? Am I understanding this correctly..?
  • 37. Re: More HardCore Community Voices Speaking Up Now - Good!
    bleedorange0037

splittinwigs wrote:

Double XP is next weekend, if you can't get through 15th with double XP, there is a bigger issue.

What else ya got?

I now have at minimum 150 hours left to get through 15th with regular XP scoring after yesterday's changes. Double XP only counts towards actual in game XP, it doesn't double up challenges or match bonus. Let's say then that double XP will allow me to reduce that time by 1/3 or slightly more, because as I detailed double XP doesn't mean you can go through a whole prestige in 1/2 the time. Let's assume that gets me down to only 90 hours of gameplay to go. What am I going to do, play the entire 72 hour double XP weekend, then make time stand still while I play an additional 18 hours so I can get the rest of the way there?
  • 38. Re: More HardCore Community Voices Speaking Up Now - Good!

bleedorange0037 wrote:

I think that's very good feedback.
    "The main thing that frustrates me now is..."
    No hate. No foul language. No flaming. No bashing the game developer/publisher.
    Just a customer conveying their personal experiences & preferences with the product.
    I think that's very relevant input for refining the HardCore playlists.
    Some may not share that preference, but I think that preference is valid & was validly expressed.

• 39. Re: More HardCore Community Voices Speaking Up Now - Good!
    snowgod
    [User was warned for this post.]
1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next