15 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2011 2:55 PM by Rogue_Phoenix RSS

How to counter Ghost and Ghost Pro!!!

alf666
I am honestly shocked nobody (besides me) has thought of (or at least posted) this somewhat simple solution to Ghost (and Ghost Pro, for that matter).

1) Get killed by Ghost camper.
2) Watch killcam. (Such a strange concept! I really wonder why the devs even bothered putting it in! /sarcasm)
3) From the killcam, figure out which corner the Ghost user is hiding in.
4) Determine if you can hit him thru a wall using bullet penetration. (Another unheard of concept! /sarcasm)
5) Equip an LMG class or a class with Hardened as a Tier 2 Perk. (You do have the Stoner 63, right?!)
6) Wall spray.
7) Brace for incoming hackusations.
8) Profit.

Oh, before I forget: inb4 "lol, u said penetration! Herp derp!"  

If this doesn't put an end to the QQ-ing about "OMG, Ghost is OP!!1!11 Nerf it now!!! *Grabs pitchforks and torches*", then nothing will.
  • Re: How to counter Ghost and Ghost Pro!!!
    Belden12
    Ghost is fine, your post should be titled how to combat corner campers as that's what it's about.
    jman85
    I use ghost here and their, but I dont camp in a corner while useing it. What do you do then?
    ShowbizZombie

alf666 wrote:

I am honestly shocked nobody (besides me) has thought of (or at least posted) this somewhat simple solution to Ghost (and Ghost Pro, for that matter).

2) Watch killcam. (Such a strange concept! I really wonder why the devs even bothered putting it in! /sarcasm)
    3) From the killcam, figure out which corner the Ghost user is hiding in. ( Yeah you know because people don't move at all /sarcasm)
    4) Determine if you can hit him thru a wall using bullet penetration. (Another unheard of concept! /sarcasm) (Same thing as the one above also giving him a better chance of running away.)
    5) Equip an LMG class or a class with Hardened as a Tier 2 Perk. (You do have the Stoner 63, right?!) (When you're sparying chances are you will flank, or someone else will get you)
    6) Wall spray.
    8) Profit.

If this doesn't put an end to the QQ-ing about "OMG, Ghost is OP!!1!11 Nerf it now!!! *Grabs pitchforks and torches*", then nothing will.

I just countered everything within thinking a few seconds
    fantasmo
    Or you could just watch the screen instead of gluing your eyes on the mini-map?
    ShowbizZombie

Fantasmo wrote:

Or you could just watch the screen instead of gluing your eyes on the mini-map?

Or you know could do both and become a much better player.

Ghost is saying "Hey you know 'dis lil' feature that's in to help you know what going on, well **** you".
    alf666
    I apologize for not being clear about this thread's purpose.
    This was mainly a thread to counter people complaining about people who use the usual corner camper class:
    Silenced Galil/FAMAS
    Motion Sensor
    Ghost
    Ninja
    Etc.

If you don't corner camp with Ghost, I'm perfectly fine with that. I also realize Ghost was intended to be used with a sniper rifle, and I'm fine with that as well. Unfortunately, people quickly realized they could abuse this perk, and that's about when the #2 hit the fan. Heck, I'm even fine with snipers (and only snipers!) using Second Chance. Once again, another example of a perk with good intentions, but instead wound up abused by run 'n' gunners wanting to get a few free kills while invincible and still able to fire their primary weapon before biting the dust. In the case of snipers, it allows for a single kill in a most likely secluded or otherwise hard-to-get-to place. The fire rate on sniper rifles is, as always, atrocious, and the hip-fire accuracy is even worse, which is why the devs weren't concerned with the invincible animation frames issue. I'm probably going to get horribly flamed for saying this, but MW2 actually did something right. The third tier perk Last Stand, even outside its intended purpose. What did they do right, you ask? No invinciblity during the falling animation, you wound up on the ground immediatly, instead of jumping 6 feet into the air and then falling, you immediatly brought out your pistol, and were unable to fire it until the falling animation was finished. As awful as MW2 was, I really wish 3arc could have made Second Chance the same way as Last Stand, instead of the horribly broken and abused system it is in Black Ops. That said, it is still hilarious to kill a Second Chancer with the explosion from a flashbang. 

/rant

I apologize again for ranting, but I feel someone had to play "Devil's Advocate", and explain to people what the devs probably had in mind when they made the game. However, let me get one thing straight: I realize these perks are abused, and are now broken due to their current uses. I will agree that Second chance needs to be fixed desperately, but I do recall David Vonderhaar, the Lead MP Designer, saying that the way Second Chance was programmed, it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to change.
    atiredoldguy

alf666 wrote:

3) From the killcam, figure out which corner the Ghost user is hiding in.
    4) Determine if you can hit him thru a wall using bullet penetration. (Another unheard of concept! /sarcasm)
    5) Equip an LMG class or a class with Hardened as a Tier 2 Perk. (You do have the Stoner 63, right?!)
    6) Wall spray.
    8) Profit.

I tried all that, and there is still no red dot there for me to aim at.
    Was this some sort of joke? Or am I missing something?
    alf666

a tired old guy wrote:

I tried all that, and there is still no red dot there for me to aim at.
    Was this some sort of joke? Or am I missing something?

I honestly can't tell if you are trolling or just plain stupid.
    This was meant to be radar independent, mainly thru a bit of knowledge of the map layout, and, you know, actually thinking up a strategy.
    But given that the most common age of a Call of Duty player is about 12 to 13 for consoles and about 15 to 16 for PCs (which happens to be my platform of choice), asking people to think might be asking a bit too much. 

In other words, the radar is only useful to make sure you don't get killed on your way across the map. Once you get where you need to be, just ignore the radar, and follow steps 6 to 8.

Oh, and for the record, I'm 20, so don't say I shouldn't be playing Call of Duty.
    CamperandProud
    The usual corner camper I see is wearing Flak Jacket with Tac Mask Pro - or they're using Hardline.  Most rushers I see are wearing Ghost.
    alf666

CamperandProud wrote:

The usual corner camper I see is wearing Flak Jacket with Tac Mask Pro - or they're using Hardline.  Most rushers I see are wearing Ghost.

I suppose I was a bit restrictive with regards to Ghost being a sniper-only perk. I can actually see the benefits of not showing up on radar when rushing/flanking. But at least in this case, the Ghost user is out in the open, or at least somewhat exposed, as opposed to what I've seen it used for. (Crouching behind the upstairs desk in yellow house in Nuketown, or prone in bedroom in either house facing the back doorway and staircase hall.) Interestingly, I have very rarely seen a camper using Tactical Mask or Flak Jacket. Usually it's the people rushing the camper who are wearing Flak Jacket, probably to counter the Claymore the camper set up. Maybe it's just the servers I play on. (I'm a PC user, as mentioned in a previous post.)
    agimlett

CamperandProud wrote:

You know that's right!!!  
    Tricky117
    How to counter Ghost and Ghost Pro?

Don't rely on spy-planes... but then we learnt that in CoD 4. 

Oh...

Clearly not.
    Here is my non-confrontational approach to corner campers - ghost or no ghost.

Step 1) Get killed by corner camper
    Step 2) Respawn, go to approx. location of last death.
    Step 3) Drop Jammer
    Step 4) Go find someone else to kill.

Corner campers like their mini-map as much or more than the rest of players -- plus it breaks their claymore.
    msiletta1

Tricky117 wrote:

How to counter Ghost and Ghost Pro?

Don't rely on spy-planes... but then we learnt that in CoD 4. 

Oh...

Clearly not.

LOL if you go back that far! Why did we all learn to defeat ghost and last stand users, and the newer players feel the need to cry until it gets removed?
    Rogue_Phoenix
    I like using tubes to flush them out and then listen to them cry about it as they try to accuse that if you weren't using tubes they wouldn't have been cmping. Its even better when you have them cornered and you toss in Nova Gas and they try to rush you as they are attempting to escape. Campers with Ghost are fun to torment.