11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2011 5:21 AM by tiirikka RSS

Grenade Launchers

Seriously what i hated about MW2 was the bloody noob tubers. Treyarch should nerf them down so they are only deadly with in 2 feet or so. No within 10 ft. That really bothers me. Noob tubes need no skill using and that's why noobs use it. I hope they'll get rid of them or atleast nerf them down
  • Re: Grenade Launchers
    play2often
    well, the m203 wasn't around for most of vietnam, but the thumper definitely was, but its slow rate of fire balanced it out. 

what i really want to know is if the Navy Seal's China Lake pump action 4 shot grenade launcher will be in game.  THAT. THING. IS. BEASTLY.

i wonder how the m202 will be in multiplayer, it's like an rpg that can fire 4 shots before reloading........
    The problem in MW2 was the fact you could still have your perk 1 slot while using grenade launchers. If this feature is removed again, then I will be much happier.

The Thumper was thwe only nade launcher which I didn't mind, because it was a secondary.
    Jonesey5709

play2often wrote:

well, the m203 wasn't around for most of vietnam, but the thumper definitely was, but its slow rate of fire balanced it out. 

what i really want to know is if the Navy Seal's China Lake pump action 4 shot grenade launcher will be in game.  THAT. THING. IS. BEASTLY.

i wonder how the m202 will be in multiplayer, it's like an rpg that can fire 4 shots before reloading........

I hope the m202 wouldn't be in the game!!
    play2often

Jonesey5709 wrote:

play2often wrote:

I hope the m202 wouldn't be in the game!!

the m202 is in the game.  you can see it in the most recent trailer. 
    http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/M202_Rocket_Launcher
    daHawk
    what is this skill you are speaking of?
    no need to worry yourself, im sure Treyarch is putting the tube back at it's tier one occupying spot.
    dagame03497
    If it does return i feel it should take up perk 1. Like In Call Of Duty 4.
    Dracorean
    You cant remove something that would be like a grenade launcher attachment but It should take up a perk one and be last attachment unlock. like in WaW, but other attachments should be like it too.. Like lets say the grip attachment could have the same effects as steady aim and take out a ter one perk.

The only thing that made tubers more annoying was the fact that they can get unlimited ammo, weather its from the floor from running around [don't mind that honestly] or from one man army..
    CarolinaHcanes
    Nube tubes weren't much of a problem in WaW. Maybe because they were unlocked in the last Challenged. Maybe the nubers didn't play WaW. Nube tubers might just stay in MW2. Basically, limit the number of Nube Tubes (No scavenging them or OMA) and don't make them mortars.
    matrix3214
    Nerfing any kind of grenade launcher is a good idea. Make them so that they take up the first perk slot and they have a blast radius of a regular gernade.
    gazajed

Guggi7 wrote:

Seriously what i hated about MW2 was the bloody noob tubers. Treyarch should nerf them down so they are only deadly with in 2 feet or so. No within 10 ft. That really bothers me. Noob tubes need no skill using and that's why noobs use it. I hope they'll get rid of them or atleast nerf them down

I say it should do high dmg at very close range and should have a sort of stun/shellshock effect if it lands a bit farther away. For thumpers anyway, doubt there will be many explocives tho.
    tiirikka
    commonly called "noob tube", but if the users were beginners, how can they even know how to get grenade launcher as attachment. If beginners are always called "noobs" whatever they do, how can they improve and become better player? Like if no bad scorers - or noobs - would allowed to play, then how they could become better. And imo saying word "noob" could point that you are yourself such that and try to be better human just by saying other people noob.