16 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2011 1:56 AM by simonm RSS

domination is not TDM

startcapping
cap the flags or GTFO domination is not tdm stop camping in random corners away from the objective

also if your in second chance i will NOT revive you...       but ill help you cap b
  • Re: domination is not TDM
    Halo_=_CoD

startcapping wrote:

cap the flags or GTFO domination is not tdm stop camping in random corners away from the objective

Yes

startcapping wrote:

also if your in second chance i will NOT revive you...       but ill help you cap b

You're just as bad. That's not helping your team, in fact it sorta is detrimental.
    Okay, you're the person who idiotically launches themselves onto flags.
    Who do you expect to shoot down aircraft when you give the enemies killstreaks?
    Who do you expect to get air support to help the team?
    ApesMightFly
    Well, there seems to be 3 (very general) different types of Objective player.

Type 1:
    The choir you are preaching too, we already know the importance of playing the objective and get frustrated about others not doing so, just like you.

Type 2:
    The wannabe slayer. They run around, ignoring the objective and going 18 for 15 while getting in no killstreaks whatsoever. They will claim they ARE helping you cap B, by dying to enemies and soaking up their bullets I'd imagine. Once in 352 games they might get a Blackbird, this will then justify the other 351 games they didn't help to win (only in their own head though)

Type 3:
    The real slayer, these are people who can actually get high end killstreaks regularly and can almost spawn trap an entire team on their own.   

I'll take a full team of type 1's any day, and be confident of a win. The best team you can possibly have would probably include 1 genuine slayer, maybe 2 if you're playing ground war.

Far too many people are type 2 though, they will ignore the objective and then blame YOU for dying when you tried in vain to cap B 12 times with no support at all and 3 campers happily protecting it....

Ahhh the joys of objective play
    creaper21

Halo_=_CoD wrote:

startcapping wrote:

Yes

startcapping wrote:

You're just as bad. That's not helping your team, in fact it sorta is detrimental.

It may not be helping the team, but it hopefully encourages people to stop using the cheap perk.
    Astro iRush

ApesMightFly wrote:

Type 1:
    The choir you are preaching too, we already know the importance of playing the objective and get frustrated about others not doing so, just like you.

Type 2:
    The wannabe slayer. They run around, ignoring the objective and going 18 for 15 while getting in no killstreaks whatsoever. They will claim they ARE helping you cap B, by dying to enemies and soaking up their bullets I'd imagine. Once in 352 games they might get a Blackbird, this will then justify the other 351 games they didn't help to win (only in their own head though)

Type 3:
    The real slayer, these are people who can actually get high end killstreaks regularly and can almost spawn trap an entire team on their own.   

I'll take a full team of type 1's any day, and be confident of a win. The best team you can possibly have would probably include 1 genuine slayer, maybe 2 if you're playing ground war.

Far too many people are type 2 though, they will ignore the objective and then blame YOU for dying when you tried in vain to cap B 12 times with no support at all and 3 campers happily protecting it....

I'm a proud type three.
    ApesMightFly
    In the last few days I've been killed so many times or lost kills thanks to second chance, the other day some guy sprayed me through a wall with his FAMAS while in second chance after I'd nailed him full auto in the head, cost me a Blackbird. I've also killed people with my claymores, heard them coming with ninja and outflanked them thanks to Marathon. Cheap kills go both ways, Second Chance gets way more grief than it deserves, especially as half you own team won't revive you anyway.
    AxePhoenix93
    I go after objectives but after we have spawn and b I will kill away so they stay at their spawn
    Darkstaar138
    Don't insult real slayers.  The trash needs spawn camping, camping and any other bs they can get.  Real slayers can respect themselves because they can respect their opponents.  You know the proper words to describe these people.  Don't confuse winning with success.
    ghosthound

startcapping wrote:

I'll play however I want to play. 
    kastro187420

Cs1294 wrote:

Who do you expect to shoot down aircraft when you give the enemies killstreaks?
    Who do you expect to get air support to help the team?

I think some people have the wrong idea when it comes to actively playing the Objectives. You don't have to blindly throw yourself at the flag points. But simply ignoring them doesn't work either. I can personally tackle objectives and pull a good K/D without much trouble. If I really try, I can lead the team in Caps and Defends and typically pull the best overall K/D.

So, to answer your questions:

I'm the kind of player who can simultaneously fulfill all 3 of those roles at the same time. If I can do it, I know others can. They just have to accept that they might not get their CG/Dogs combo on their first streak.
    DISC0

Astro iRush wrote:

ApesMightFly wrote:

Type 1:

Type 2:

Type 3:

I'm a proud type three.

I can see you're modest, too. 
    Astro iRush

DISC0 wrote:

Astro iRush wrote:

ApesMightFly wrote:

Type 1:

Type 2:

Type 3:

I'm a proud type three.

I can see you're modest, too. 

What do you mean?
    jwaller123
    I hate people that dont play the objective. However, unfortunatly, that one "killwhore" sometimes (and I said sometimes) actually does help you win the game. I know, i know, dont hate me cuz I said it. If they hold down the "B" flag and no one on the enemy team can get it, then it actually does help. I still dont totally agree with the tactic though. I actually went something like 31-15 with 7 caps earliear today. Didnt get anything higher then a few 5 killstreaks, but hey, that was a hell of a game for me. I am not a player that can acheive an 11 killstreak...EVER...so I just run and cap flags and hope for the best. Only time I treat domination like TDM is if I get put into a game where the score is like 150-50. Which we all know happens quite a bit.
    Dano608

startcapping wrote:

ya today i was playing on hazard and i ran into A spawn i was the only one back there we were winning by quite a large amount and i look down and see someone laying prone looking towards A flag like really, youre losing and youre just gonna lay there and do nothing for your team
    DemiFluff

Cs1294 wrote:

Hey, it works sometimes. I remember one match where both teams were tied 196-196, I dolphin dove to B, capped it, and died in style.

Even though I was 3rd on the scoreboard, everyone knew in their hearts that I was the MVP.
    simonm
    or you could be the french guy in our domination lobby the other day ..who had 2000+ kills  and only 16 caps  and about 30 something defends ...way to go team player  !

and from what we saw he was no slayer either , just a guy that enjoyed playing domination like a TDM game