21 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2011 9:32 PM by ghosthound RSS

Russian isn't a real language

Do you ever see a Russian in the movies or video games actually speak Russian? They always speak Russian with this accent, and then they speak gibberish to impress the girls ... Is Russian a real language? I think not.
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    so in Russia, people speak what?
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    hornswoggled
    In comes the "In Russia" jokes.

  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    zachdavis11
    in soviet russia ..forum post YOOOU .
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    Russian is just the upside down version of the English alphabet.
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    anoreo
    You could also debate that English isn't a language either, just an inbred mish mash of a variety of prior languages.
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    firehawkshooter

    An Oreo wrote:

     

    You could also debate that English isn't a language either, just an inbred mish mash of a variety of prior languages.



    Exactly.

    This stuff is getting old, at least 2 years old. 

    PostScript: граната.  
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    Horrorman
    Anyone mentioned Wodka !?
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    My dad speaks russian  :shock:
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    Horrorman

    SilentLightning wrote:

     

    My dad speaks russian  :shock:



    Hmm... 
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language

    SilentLightning wrote:

     

    My dad speaks russian  :shock:



    So he speaks English with a weird accent?
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    In Soviet Russia, they have 2 TV channels:

    Channel 1 has official government propaganda.

    Channel 2 instructs you to switch back to Channel 1.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Roses are red

    Violets are blue

    In Soviet Russia,

    Poem writes You!

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GK8ewRec7c&feature=related
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    N8-N
    In Soviet Russia.... they speak Russian....  
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    craftyshot

    Horrorman wrote:

     

    Anyone mentioned Wodka !?




    Got sum?
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    anoreo
    Россия – священная наша держава,
    Россия – любимая наша страна.
    Могучая воля, великая слава –
    Твоё достоянье на все времена!



        Славься, Отечество наше свободное,
        Братских народов союз вековой,
        Предками данная мудрость народная!
        Славься, страна! Мы гордимся тобой!

    От южных морей до полярного края
    Раскинулись наши леса и поля.
    Одна ты на свете! Одна ты такая –
    Хранимая Богом родная земля!


    Широкий простор для мечты и для жизни
    Грядущие нам открывают года.
    Нам силу даёт наша верность Отчизне.
    Так было, так есть и так будет всегда!
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    Russia is in fact a real language.
    However, Kanada is not a real country.

  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    anoreo

    GoNavy_09 wrote:

     

    Russia is in fact a real language.
    However, Kanada is not a real country.




    You're right. Btw, you spelled it wrong. It is Kanata. Kanata is a city within Canada.
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    What's Canada?
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    craftyshot

    GoNavy_09 wrote:

     

    Russia is in fact a real language.
    However, Kanada is not a real country.




    NOT


    Russia is in fact a Country.
    Russian is in fact a language.
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language

    Guggi7 wrote:

     

    SilentLightning wrote:

     

    My dad speaks russian  :shock:



    So he speaks English with a weird accent?


    Actually, he speaks:

    Somali
    Arabic
    Italian
    Russian
    English

    So his english is pretty broken but it's more than enough to get by. I admire him because he has experienced so much 
    Personally, I know Arabic and English fluently, and I'm learning french (my mom went to university in Paris, she speaks french). Now I know English better than Arabic because I've lived here so long 
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    firehawkshooter

    SilentLightning wrote:

     

    Guggi7 wrote:

     

    SilentLightning wrote:

     

    My dad speaks russian  :shock:



    So he speaks English with a weird accent?


    Actually, he speaks:

    Somali
    Arabic
    Italian
    Russian
    English

    So his english is pretty broken but it's more than enough to get by. I admire him because he has experienced so much 
    Personally, I know Arabic and English fluently, and I'm learning french (my mom went to university in Paris, she speaks french). Now I know English better than Arabic because I've lived here so long 



    Great. Now how do you say "fasten your seatbelt" in Arabic? I heard it on an Emirates flight but it was mostly random gibberish so I couldn't tell. It sounded like it was pronounced "Arajah maker" or something. I dunno.
  • Re: Russian isn't a real language
    ghosthound
    For a while there it looked as though Russia would finally be a force for good in this world...but it was only for a moment.