21 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2012 11:11 AM by xtlc2003 RSS

Knifing in black ops

zDYLANx39
we all know the knifing in black ops is terrible , say your in gun game with two players they both have no bullets the knifing takes forever to end the game , and it also feels like commando is in the game , please sort out the knifing.

zDYLANz39
1V1 nuketown add me
  • Re: Knifing in black ops
    smigz2010
    the knifing is well worse in the other call of dutys the lunge lenght is well worse
    FeralSoul
    Bring back the gun melee, the knife don't work(its a joke) and I enjoy hitting someone in the head with the butt-end of the gun more.
    resistflags
    Should be no knife lunge

And steady aim pro . u should use it over say SOH helps with the knife
    Ninjanabs

resistflags wrote:

Should be no knife lunge

And steady aim pro . u should use it over say SOH helps with the knife

what is "SOH"?
    People who complains about the lunge in Black Ops obviously haven't played MW2... If you haven't played that game, don't as it will leave you nightmares.
    Capt. Spaulding
    i love the knife lunge in mw2 i think im like the  only one lol just gotta be quicker than the other guy so i think it still relies on skill maybe its just me tho bt if you get lunged at from a distance that just means you could have just as easily knifed him, anyways the knifing in this game is a complete disgrace lol someone should be ashamed of themselves
    Cloudx1
    It seems that attack dogs can commando lunge too
    Ninjanabs
    ya i always tought the knifing in black ops needed a rework or a patch.just didnt know i wasnt the only one who tought knifing was an issue.
    Ninjanabs
    bump.

Cloudx1 wrote:

It seems that attack dogs can commando lunge too

was in a match a few days ago and somone called in dogs. I watched them kill a team mate a fair distance away so i tried to shoot it and this thing just launced and killed me. If i would of shot a person from this distance it would of been counted as a long shot. was the craziest thing ive seen yet.
    The knife should be a third weapon.

Primary (AR, SMG etc.)
    Secondary (Pistols and launchers)
    Third (Knife)

That would be the greatest set-up; in order to knife you have to switch TO the knife. Just like Counter Strike.
      xtlc2003

This or some variant of it. Knife work in Black Ops is so inconsistent and irregular. I always wondered how guys can be so far away sometimes and still knife me, I guess that's what you guys mean when you say commando lunge.

The knife work should be unless using ballistic knifes or some variant (Blops 2) a third weapon of sort, that should give the programmers room to iron out issue. That or remove it all together, besides it's more realistic to be able to hit someone with the butt of your already drawn and aimed gun than to pull a holstered knife SUPER fast.

PS: How can you control how you knife? Sometimes I'll be running at a guy and I KNOW because I've seen it before that I should be able to knife that guy but he's just out of reach yet people will knife me from a distance. I've often thought this was some kind of cheat where as it seems it may just be a flaw in the programming. Can I manipulate this flaw?

legguh
    knifing is better than world at war but worst than mw2

i hate knifers so im happy where its at
    I think the knife is the worst thing in CoD. Good thing Treyarch balanced it in their games, unlike IW who messed it up big time with commando....
    FeralSoul
    Problem is you need a weapon for extreme close combat either a knife or gun melee, I prefer the butt end of the gun.
    killer21cdm
    strigoimuzik
    The problem with knifing in Bops is the inconsistency.

Sometimes theres a lunge, other times there isnt. You can knife someone in the chest and it wont register, then the same guy will stab you while facing away from you.

At least in MW2 you knew that there was a huge lunge and you knew you could rely on it. Here in Bops the lunge is a bug.

Bops knife = crap
    Knifing is a lame tactic most of the time.
    JAK_D91
    yeh knifin is bull on black ops , many occasions iv watched on theater an my knife went through sum1 but they didnt die. an people knifin you when there nowere near u. Also Second chance scumbags being invincible until they fall 2 the ground and knife you.

Don't ***** about knifing please. Noob tubers, knifes, quick scoopers, and campers get the same bull poop all the time because we have a different play style. Creativity is what call of duty has. We all have our differences. Games that have the same play styles tend to get boring as watching a bison drink water for two hours straight.

xtlc2003

The problem with knifing is that one it's "odd" (I won't say dumb because that's more of an opinion) in that it's very inconsistent and that it doesn't make sense. You're right next to someone, you have an assault rifle cocked, loaded and practically aimed down the sights in your hands, would you even think about pulling a knife from it's holster to CUT with? Secondly the programming is still flawed, nothing is perfect but fine tune this and maybe we have something.

I like what you're saying, about variety and it needing it but why not make it harder (i.e. Knife as a 3rd weapon) or make it easier (i.e Gun Butting)? At least that way you keep variety without making it unbalanced, awkward, and inconsistent.

PS: What's a Noob Tuber?