26 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2011 7:14 PM by swozer RSS

What is your favorite map

swampdonkey3383
What is your favorite map and why it is your favorite.
  • Re: What is your favorite map
    Der Riese or Shangri La because they had the most 'different' things in their respected maps.
    Everyone knows it's Der Riese.. it's the best map
    Uniform64
    My favorite map is Ascension. Really cool easter egg, fun way to get the PaP, PhD Flopper, Matrushka Dolls and Gersch Device.
    raygun124
    As hard as it may seem my favorite map is between Der riese, Ascension, and Five. Im Kinda eaning towards Der riese (because of the catwalk) but the endless amount of spots to run trains on Ascension then i think about the easy circle in the war room on five.
    RaZoR bAcK$20
    5.Dead Ops Arcade
    4.Call of The Dead
    3.Five
    2.Kino Der Toten
    1.Ascension
    Because well,im good at it.(Ascension)
    Pretty good but Ascension is better.(Kino Der Toten)
    Medium map not very good stratiges.(Five)
    The fog is horrible,u have to look in the sky for mystery.(Call of The Dead)
    Just plain stupid.(Dead ops Arcade)
    do you like waffles
    verruckt its so small and enforces team work
    Der Riese, Verrukt, Shangri-La

The rest were too easy or boring.
    zombieterminator360
    Ascension- great layout, unique ideas, different and varying options of gameplay (trains, camping, run and gun fun), nostalgia because it was released soon after I started becoming an actual gamer (didn't play online before then) and it made Zombies my favorite gamemode by far
    Der Riese is still the best map, even after all of these new ones have come out. However I have yet to try shangri-la -- is it worth the cash?
    spaz-luigi

raygun124 wrote:

As hard as it may seem my favorite map is between Der riese, Ascension, and Five. Im Kinda eaning towards Der riese (because of the catwalk) but the endless amount of spots to run trains on Ascension then i think about the easy circle in the war room on five.

So you're saying the easier a map is the better it is? I pity you.

lorianguy wrote:

Der Riese is still the best map, even after all of these new ones have come out. However I have yet to try shangri-la -- is it worth the cash?

Yes, Shangri-La is definitely worth the cash. It's my favorite map because it's challenging and close-quartered, which makes for some fun and intense gameplay.
    Ranger  21
    der reise no doubt, try not camping cat walk, camp in the tele room that has the type 100 the windows are insanley fun its the best thing you'll ever play
    [Fox]ZeroCharge
    Der Riese>>>>>>>>All. Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ is my child.
    I'm stuck between Shi no numa, call of the dead, der reise and, ascension... and before some idiot chimes in, yeah I like a map I can move around on... I'm not gonna be cornered by some P.O.S. loser that can't hold his own weight up...
    spaz-luigi
    Honestly I think Der Riese is massively overrated, it's a good map and all but the reason most people love it so much is cause they can just sit their a$$es on the catwalk and survive past round 30 without even trying. Challenge is what really makes maps fun, not being able to just camp in one corner and never die.
    [Fox]ZeroCharge
    That's not the reason I love it though. In fact, I barely even use the cat walk anymore unless the box is up there, and when it moves, I get out of there. The main reason I love Der Riese so much is solely because you can get the upgraded Wunderwaffe. That thing will ALWAYS be my favorite thing to destroy zombies with, and it will never be replaced from my "Time to ****" Weapon slot. Honestly even if I could CHOOSE what I wanted out of the box on maps that don't contain the Wunderwaffe I would rather have a CZ75 than a Thundergun. ANY DAY. I hate that piece of ****.
    WIIFAN123
    ascension because it staged the first easter egg where u had to solve steps in order to activate or do something. also because it introduced the gersch device and matroska dolls (fabulous ideas) and because it was a eery, nice big open map where it was perfect to mow down zombies
    carlin681
    1.CALL OF THE DEAD 
    Five. Nuff Said.
    octoleech

Shadow_Shred wrote:

Five. Nuff Said.

Maybe Nacht because it is simple, original and has a brilliant feel to it. It also looks brilliant.

Also Shi No Numa because it has awesome scenery, simple compared to Black Ops but a step up from Nacht.
    darthdad969
    Call of the Dead

Its got tons of room to run around on.
    Its got all 7 perks.
    By killing George, its possible accumulate all 7 perks at once.
    Scavenger/Hyena Infra-Dead
    DER REISE . with 4 friends i camp.
    With randoms or one friend i run around.
    People say it's easy but these people stay on the catwalk, dealing with 5 dogs and 10 zombies at once is more challenging when there not all lined up on the catwalk.
    CobaItBIue
    Five. I think it has a good mix of teamwork and the whole 'survival' theme. Not to mention it was my first zombie map.
    swozer

crackdown666 wrote:

DER REISE . with 4 friends i camp.
    With randoms or one friend i run around.
    People say it's easy but these people stay on the catwalk, dealing with 5 dogs and 10 zombies at once is more challenging when there not all lined up on the catwalk.

i like what ur saying. i hate camping on the cat walk, it takes all the fun out of it.

my fave maps are:
    1st: Der Riese, as it introduced the PaP, and the teleporters, and the hellhounds and zombies mixed round. it had a cool feel to it that i dont think any other map has.
    2nd: Shi No Numa, as it has great scenery, introduced the charectors, really took the stroy forward, introduced hellhounds, the wunderwaffe DG2 and the traps were kool. i liked the flogger. i also liked how the perks were different everytime. i also liked the zipline and how there wasnt rally any camping spots, so u were forced to run around
    3rd: Verruckt, as it had an eerie feel to it that seemed to fit perfectly with the zombies. and the introduction to speaking charectors and the box moving was guenious. and also the perks. and this map had more weapons in it.
    4th:Natch Der Untoten, as it was the original map and the dark, foggy creepyness in the map was awsum to play with. the weapons were good and it was a simple map, but still challenging if u were new to it.
    5th: Ascension, as it was abig map, had a fun easter egg, introduced monkeys, which weas a fun new twist i thought.i also liked that it brought out phd flopper and staminup it also introduced the landers and gerches/matrysoki dolls. it was also the only map that came close to yaving the same feel as der riese.
    6th: Shangri La, as it is big, fun to play on and feels like shi no numa to an extent. i like the mix of the new zombies and the monkeys trying to steal power ups i also like the re introduction of the perks changing places every game.
    7th: call of the dead, as it was big, introduced 4 new charectors, two new weapons, a new perk and brought back double tap. i liked the lay out of the map and how goerge made it challenging, and there fore more fun. i also really liked the easter egg on the map.
    8th: kino der toten, as it had nazis in it again, had the mp40 and the bowie knife. i also like how(since its classed as the first zombie map in black ops) that u are not a certain player depending on what position u got into the game. i liked how the map was layed out and that the teleport was free. i also liked that it introduced the thunder gun.
    9th: Five, as it introduced the pentagon thief, the winters howl ands the random teleporters across the map and the use of elevators. it also introduced us to the four other charectors.
    10th: dead ops arcade, as it isnt really a paret of the zombie mode in my opinion
    (and the first maps are my favorite because they were the original maps in my opinion and they will always be better to me. i was talking about the world at war versions of those maps by the way, not the black ops versions.)