43 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2011 5:31 PM by dualxswords RSS

Anybody here play Airsoft???

Does anyone here play Airsoft??? If ya do, post your guns and equipment.
Also if you live anywhere near PA, go on C3 Airsoft.com and sign up!!!
  • Re: Anybody here play Airsoft???
    Tokyo Marui M16A1 with Sniper scope mounted on carry handle, 4 Mags, K-BAR Coldsteel knife, Colt 1911 Springer from Cybergun, a Stinger P9,
    R73 Commando, Stag-15, Mask, and holster.
    I have a M16 and a blowback Colt 1911.  Sadly, my 1911 is broken. The pin the hammer hits to release the Co2 fell out.
    What brand are both of them?
    The M16 is a JG and the 1911 is G&G.

I TopFighter I wrote:

Yeah, I think you got the same M16 as me. It is a Tri-angle handguard with the A4 Reciever. It's a mix with the A1 and A4 variants of the gun.
    I think it is JG's "Creation". G&G is a great brand I have also heard.
    i play with real guns.

Money_Marvin wrote:

i play with real guns.

Nice, but if you shoot anybody with a real gun, the results wont be good. But Hey, if you like shooting people, pursue your dreams.

DualxSwords wrote:

I TopFighter I wrote:

Yeah, I think you got the same M16 as me. It is a Tri-angle handguard with the A4 Reciever. It's a mix with the A1 and A4 variants of the gun.
    I think it is JG's "Creation". G&G is a great brand I have also heard.

Mine has rails.
    Paintball - Better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzzPxLRvbUQ

CraftyShot wrote:

Paintball - Better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzzPxLRvbUQ

Paintball may hurt more and may be easier to tell hits but really, airsoft has guns that look real - unlike paintball,and you don't need to worry about people lying about hits because most people who play have to be over 11 and will say when they have been hit.
    Paintball is expensive too. You can purchase 5000 airsoft BBs for about $25 whereas 2000 paintballs will cost you around $50.
    Where I'm from it is a general thing that the Kids here start off playing Airsoft and then they move on to paintball. It's manlier. I did start off with Airsoft, having myself a Crossman one shot m16 at 400 FPS but that got boring, so I went to Paintball. Yes it is expensive but it's fun as hell. Kids play airsoft because it's cheap, you must have a job/money to play paintball. And there are some guns out there that look like real guns as I have but also, who cares if it doesn't look like a "true gun"?

I've got several guns but one of mine is the BT-delta which is a copy of the MP5.
    https://www.actioncenterpaintball.com/images/categories/2473.png
    DanielWW2
    Dutch gun laws.  
    Yes I do, but unfortunately the last time I played I got poison ivy all over my legs.. 
    Horrorman

DanielWW2 wrote:

Dutch gun laws.  

You ever saw German gun laws.
    DanielWW2

Horrorman wrote:

DanielWW2 wrote:

Dutch gun laws.  

Mine are worse, airsoft guns are pretty much illegal.  
    Horrorman

DanielWW2 wrote:

Horrorman wrote:

DanielWW2 wrote:

Dutch gun laws.  

Mine are worse, airsoft guns are pretty much illegal.  

Pretty much everything what makes "BÄNG" or "Pffftt" in Germany is illegal. :shock: 
    DanielWW2

Horrorman wrote:

Pretty much everything what makes "BÄNG" or "Pffftt" in Germany is illegal. :shock: 

I did buy an airsoft gun in Germany a few years ago so...  
    Horrorman

DanielWW2 wrote:

Horrorman wrote:

I did buy an airsoft gun in Germany a few years ago so...  

I´m sure this store isn´t anymore. You do not get anyone anymore since our government made some decisions what belongs to weapons & co.
    mossenburg shot gun pistol grip
    desert egale
    tornado airsoft grenade
    and my ghille suit from my grandpa he was in the military
    xXxlollypop
    m16a34 dpms panther carbine
    Xtreme45 m1911
    Used to a lot more than I do now.

I use a G&G G36.

xXxlollypop

GoNavy_09 wrote:

Used to a lot more than I do now.

I use a G&G G36.

nice

CraftyShot wrote:

Where I'm from it is a general thing that the Kids here start off playing Airsoft and then they move on to paintball. It's manlier. I did start off with Airsoft, having myself a Crossman one shot m16 at 400 FPS but that got boring, so I went to Paintball. Yes it is expensive but it's fun as hell. Kids play airsoft because it's cheap, you must have a job/money to play paintball. And there are some guns out there that look like real guns as I have but also, who cares if it doesn't look like a "true gun"?

I've got several guns but one of mine is the BT-delta which is a copy of the MP5.
    https://www.actioncenterpaintball.com/images/categories/2473.png

You do realize that Crosman is the crappiest brand out there? Those are for little kids. When you get to where I am, and most people are, they get expensive. Here is my loadout for example...

Tokyo Marui M16A1- $200
    Mask- $29.99
    3 extra mags- $40
    Colt 1911- $20
    P9- $29.99
    Holster for pistol- $10.00
    Annual price of bb's a year- $100
    Jing Gong M16A1/A4- $170
    Sling-$10

K-Bar-$9.99

Total: $620

Thats Cheap! :shock:  Where do you live? Because where I am from, that is hard to make, considering it is my own money.
    $620 is hard to make? Get a better job then or get sponsored. You decided to play, you decided to pay.

I know that ya Airsoft can get expensive if you buy the full metal version, duh. My paintball setup... I don't like thinking about it because of how much money I've got tied up into the stuff. It's above 3 Grand I will say that.

3 Paintball guns with fast loading hopper and new handgrip boards on them.
    Two of those guns I loaded out and put about 700 dollar into each with things like ceramic rifled barrels, barrel shrouds, picatiny rails with sights, Surefire flashlight and stocks on the guns (real picatiny rails, sights/surefire flashlight is all real military grade and all can be swapped out with real M4). The captain of my Sponsored team had a night vision scope mounted on his gun. Now that's just the 3 guns and attachments so far. We get woodsball Jerseys/pants with Team name/logo on them, there goes another 150 dollars. Now we buy a harness for holding the expensive carbon fiber air tank and about 8 pods to hold 140 rounds of paintballs each. Then there is other things to buy like barrel condoms, barrel squeegee, and tools for fixing the guns. Last you have Paint to buy which is anywhere from 40 to 90 dollars a case of 2000 paintballs depending on which brand/type you buy but my team got a deal since we were sponsored and only had to pay 50 dollars for a box that usually costed 70 dollars. We also went through about 2 boxes of paint each time we played and that was every weekend. Say we go to a scenario game? Now we are driving 3 hours away to a scenario field about 500 acres big in the swampy areas of Georgia where they will have about 800 vs 800 in one 24 hour game. Playing paintball for 24 straight hours in one game, I went through so many boxes of paint. I haven't played paintball in several years due to my hometown woodsball field moving to another location too far away from me so I could be forgetting a lot of other important things.

CraftyShot wrote:

$620 is hard to make? Get a better job then or get sponsored. You decided to play, you decided to pay.

I know that ya Airsoft can get expensive if you buy the full metal version, duh. My paintball setup... I don't like thinking about it because of how much money I've got tied up into the stuff. It's above 3 Grand I will say that.

3 Paintball guns with fast loading hopper and new handgrip boards on them.
    Two of those guns I loaded out and put about 700 dollar into each with things like ceramic rifled barrels, barrel shrouds, picatiny rails with sights, Surefire flashlight and stocks on the guns (real picatiny rails, sights/surefire flashlight is all real military grade and all can be swapped out with real M4). The captain of my Sponsored team had a night vision scope mounted on his gun. Now that's just the 3 guns and attachments so far. We get woodsball Jerseys/pants with Team name/logo on them, there goes another 150 dollars. Now we buy a harness for holding the expensive carbon fiber air tank and about 8 pods to hold 140 rounds of paintballs each. Then there is other things to buy like barrel condoms, barrel squeegee, and tools for fixing the guns. Last you have Paint to buy which is anywhere from 40 to 90 dollars a case of 2000 paintballs depending on which brand/type you buy but my team got a deal since we were sponsored and only had to pay 50 dollars for a box that usually costed 70 dollars. We also went through about 2 boxes of paint each time we played and that was every weekend. Say we go to a scenario game? Now we are driving 3 hours away to a scenario field about 500 acres big in the swampy areas of Georgia where they will have about 800 vs 800 in one 24 hour game. Playing paintball for 24 straight hours in one game, I went through so many boxes of paint. I haven't played paintball in several years due to my hometown woodsball field moving to another location too far away from me so I could be forgetting a lot of other important things.

You think $620 is cheap? I dont know how you were raised but in my family thats alot of money. So is 3 grand but you are spending money om extra things that can be spent on airsoft too. Scopes,rails,Ect can all be mounted on airsoft guns. And Metal guns? You must not know airsoft.
    My gun is full plastic and It is still the best brand out their. If you do not believe, look up the history of TOKYO MARUI guns. So I don't see how you can presume I spend "Full metal" version. And just to let you know, saying "duh" Makes you sound like a immature teenage girl. QUOTE,
    "I know that ya Airsoft can get expensive if you buy the full metal version, duh."
    620 technically isn't that much money, when you compare it to other life things.
    For myself, I work 40 minutes away from my house and I drive a car with a 400 HP 6.0L engine that gets 18 mpg.  I spend 150 - 175 a week just in gas, granted that is what I have to do to make money.
    Now, think about car and house payments, most people atleast are WELL over 620$ monthly.

But I guess it all depends on what type of job you have, and where you live as some areas have higher living costs.
    Fuk airsoft and paintball be man and use real guns  
                              JK by the way lol  but in all seriousness thanks to my grandpa serving in the vietnam war as a U.S navy SEALS, I've got a   real M60 and Stoner M63a Commando sitting in my garage.(no ammo  )

brandaman
    I've never been, so someone tell me:

- How much does getting hit hurt? Is it worse than paintball?

- Do you come across a lot of cheaters? (even more than paintball?)
    Gonna be honest, I'm sick of the whole paintball vs airsoft thing?

It's like comparing an apple to am SUV. 
    They both have fun in different ways, and both have negative and positive attributes.

I personally enjoy both.

In airsoft I'm the Call of Duty style run'n gun tactic guy. I'm the guy on the team that within seconds of the game starting I am in their bases slaughtering them pigs.

In paintball I play woodsball so I wear a full out ghillie suit and stealth kill people.

Brandaman wrote:

Paintball hurts more and I'd say you get more cheaters in Airsoft because Paintball, well there is paint but many people get tagged as "wipers" and wipe paint off.

GoNavy_09 wrote:

In airsoft I'm the Call of Duty style run'n gun tactic guy. I'm the guy on the team that within seconds of the game starting I am in their bases slaughtering them pigs.

In paintball I play woodsball so I wear a full out ghillie suit and stealth kill people.

See I'm exact opposite. When I did play Airsoft with friends in neighborhood, we camped and shot. Paintball, I rush them while spraying with rate of 16 BPS (and that's pretty slow for a Paintball gun but fast for a woodsball gun, speedball guns can ramp shoot over 30 BPS).

Brandaman wrote:

It hurts, but I have friends who say paintball hurts worse. Airsoft bb's feel like Small bee stings. When you get shot, most of the pain is from shock then it fades away after a couple of minutes. It does leave scars if you don't use armor. Cheaters-Yes, and no. Every game has cheaters but in most official playing fields there are spotters who if the hit is questioned, verify it. Most people are 13-40. No little kids.

GoNavy_09 wrote:

Gonna be honest, I'm sick of the whole paintball vs airsoft thing?

It's like comparing an apple to am SUV. 
    They both have fun in different ways, and both have negative and positive attributes.

I personally enjoy both.

If you look at the title, "anybody here play airsoft?" It clearly wasn't a P-Ball V.S airsoft thread. What started it was Crafty Shot said Paintball was so much better than airsoft. Truly, I don't believe he has ever gone to a real game with about 300 people. He probably just played a couple of Backyard games and had a bad experience because he was using a cheap $70 gun and playing with some friends.

tyler9494 wrote:

620 technically isn't that much money, when you compare it to other life things.
    For myself, I work 40 minutes away from my house and I drive a car with a 400 HP 6.0L engine that gets 18 mpg.  I spend 150 - 175 a week just in gas, granted that is what I have to do to make money.
    Now, think about car and house payments, most people atleast are WELL over 620$ monthly.

But I guess it all depends on what type of job you have, and where you live as some areas have higher living costs.

Technically yes, but would you just hand out $620 to people if they ask you for money. Example: Dad, can I have money to go to the mall?
    Most people would give like a $20 or something, not say: Sure honey! Let me grab my wallet and give you some Big Bens! That's what I am going by. Of course Gas, electric, water, and heat will be more expensive but those are things most houses have, and therefore people buy them.
    Let me rephrase that $600 is alot for a Sport.

DualxSwords wrote:

If you look at the title, "anybody here play airsoft?" It clearly wasn't a P-Ball V.S airsoft thread. What started it was Crafty Shot said Paintball was so much better than airsoft. Truly, I don't believe he has ever gone to a real game with about 300 people. He probably just played a couple of Backyard games and had a bad experience because he was using a cheap $70 gun and playing with some friends.

You asked if we played Airsoft, I gave my opinion which is a more enjoyable alternative.

CraftyShot wrote:

DualxSwords wrote:

You asked if we played Airsoft, I gave my opinion which is a more enjoyable alternative.

But I did not ask if anyone played paintball? Did I?
    No but I still gave my opinion and this is offtopic section, with these threads here, you may never know where the hell they will end up. For example I could be talking about the weather outside and the next second we are discussing what is for lunch but most likely Reaper will say a ham sammie and Weird_guy will say tacos.

What did you have for lunch?

CraftyShot wrote:

No but I still gave my opinion and this is offtopic section, with these threads here, you may never know where the hell they will end up. For example I could be talking about the weather outside and the next second we are discussing what is for lunch but most likely Reaper will say a ham sammie and Weird_guy will say tacos.

What did you have for lunch?

A pickle :shock:
    I had Panda Express.
    Their kung pow "chicken" (cat) wasn't bad.... but wasnt great either.
    I think I'll stick with City Wok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNNlq3ucGIs

bow_down_to_ mr.waffles
    most of my guns are spring     but i got a stinger p3911 pistol 4 clips , sa80 rifle 1 clip ,m248 machine gun 2 clips, m187d bolt action sniper rifle 1 clip, spas 8 shells, a stinger shotgun 2 clips, famas 3 clips, uzi 2 clips, somthing that looks like a mp5k no clip loaded to scope, and mini colt 45, 2 goggles , 1 speed reloder, reloding pipes and armor and a ghillie suit

GoNavy_09 wrote:

I had Panda Express.
    Their kung pow "chicken" (cat) wasn't bad.... but wasnt great either.
    I think I'll stick with City Wok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNNlq3ucGIs

I normally don't eat meat at Chinese food places because of that issue.
    Only thing meaty I would eat would be the General Tso's Chicken or Sesame Chicken.
    ^ If anything it would be dog not cat, cat has a more stringy kind of meat which would be better for meatballs.
    :shock: