36 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2011 9:02 AM by reformedplayer RSS

Galil

OsirisGreys
Had a look at my combat record today and realised the amount of times I get killed by this gun also the famas. I've tried the famas before, so thought I would give the galil a go. And I have to say that it is a great gun I was able to pick people off alot quicker than when I used the famas and even the AK47. What are your thoughts on the Galil?
  • Re: Galil
    Great gun, works very well in HC and with a suppressor. Not the best in CQB because of it's slower fire rate, and the recoil can be 'bouncy' when trying for a long range shot. Also doesn't seem to be the best when fitted with an underbarrel attachment.
    UnderworldSkull
    I've been using this gun since the beginning and I love it! Sucks that everyone is starting to use it now. Makes me not want to use it...
    OsirisGreys

UnderworldSkull wrote:

I've been using this gun since the beginning and I love it! Sucks that everyone is starting to use it now. Makes me not want to use it...

lol, just find it stange that no one goes on about this gun, when it's actually a good gun to use (according to the amount of times I've been killed by it)
    everyone seems to rage on about the famas when I think that the Galil is better.

OsirisGreys wrote:

UnderworldSkull wrote:

lol, just find it stange that no one goes on about this gun, when it's actually a good gun to use (according to the amount of times I've been killed by it)
    everyone seems to rage on about the famas when I think that the Galil is better.

You missed the thread last week??

The Galil is apparently VERY OP, but mainly because the Famas got nerfed. It's my most used gun, with over 5,000 kills, but it's far from OP!
    I really liked it when the game came out and used it for the first 8 prestiges or so, then found I liked the AK47 ten times better.  Have a 2.81 K/D with 20000 kills with the Galil and a 4.01 with 41000 kills with the AK, so I always opt for the AK now.  Galil is a good gun though, I use to love it, but I found something else that I played with a little bit better.
    PROF4NE
    I completely agree with you OP.  I was all bout the FAMAS, AK74 and Commando when first released and just a few weeks ago, I finally decided to try out the Galil.  I mean I have tried it before but the reason why I didn't stick with it (stupid reason) is because I think it's ugly looking.  Now, I haven't even touched the FAMAS for a while.

Things I like most about it...1. bigger mag/clip size  2. iron sight  3. silencer is perfect for it.
    I just started using it this prestige and I kinda like it.  It is number 4 on my list of ARs I like to use.  It is great with a launcher on the bottom imo.  Sometimes its a bit dodgy with a silencer and mid to far range.  But is a nice gun nonetheless.
    ArGenTin32
    Its the #2 gun "most killed by" in my playercard. It has one of the better iron sights and has 35 rounds by default. Alot of people will throw a silencer, ext mags/dual mags or a combination of the 3 and do work with it pretty well.

ArGenTin32 wrote:

Its the #2 gun "most killed by" in my playercard. It has one of the better iron sights and has 35 rounds by default. Alot of people will throw a silencer, ext mags/dual mags or a combination of the 3 and do work with it pretty well.

Outside of the variables, it's very similiar to AK and commando in many ways. What makes the value is the level you unlock it at. As mentioned before, you have to make slight adjustments to your shooting style to do well with it, but once you do, it's a great low level unlock gun. I usually sport the Enfield or RPK until galil and then ride it to AK. You have to figure more kills by it too because from level 20 to mid 30's, each level up requires more xp. So in essence they are using the gun for a longer amount of time.
    2ndlt.colt
    It's a great gun. It's the one I use until the AUG and then I use that until I get my AK-47 back. After that I roll in between Commando and AK, depending on the map. That is only if we talk about ARs of course.
    POKEE-MANZ
    The Galil? Greatest thing since sliced bread.

The second my FAMAS gets too many damn hitmarkers, out comes the Galil, it actually feels like it has some power behind it.
    I'm a fan. It's my #1 used gun, as I used it quite a bit in my earlier prestiges. I don't use it too much anymore, just on my anti-air class, and as soon as I unlock the Commando, it takes its spot.
    lilsweat
    Favorite gun by far, just passed 20k kills with it earlier today.
    silencer2000
    The Galil is a great gun, it works really well when silenced too. I recently found out why it is so good. I was watching TV and it was showing the Galil, the bipod works as a wire cutter, and best of all, it comes with a built in bottle opener. 
    2ndlt.colt

silencer2000 wrote:

The Galil is a great gun, it works really well when silenced too. I recently found out why it is so good. I was watching TV and it was showing the Galil, the bipod works as a wire cutter, and best of all, it comes with a built in bottle opener. 

Hmm... "Maybe now I have time to drink between kills eh?"
    It is sad but I really won't use it because of the way it looks, that handle thingy or whatever the hell it is on the side drives me crazy!!!! 

Anyone know how its fire rate compares to the Commando RPM wise?
    NIGHTPR0WLER76
    The Galil is a good AR, but the AK47 is a better all around weapon, seems to be better hipfiring than the galil and about the same in medium range, at long range they suck compared to the G11 or Sweet 16:>
    Crap gun in my opinion. Kills in the same amount of bullets as the FAMAS, but fires way slower. Worse hip fire accuracy than FAMAS, too. 5 more bullets per mag than FAMAS still doesn't keep it from being inferior.

BigBronco666 wrote:

It is sad but I really won't use it because of the way it looks, that handle thingy or whatever the hell it is on the side drives me crazy!!!! 

The exact same. The AK-47 and Enfield also fire at the same rate as the Galil and Commando.
    MagicalRook8066

BigBronco666 wrote:

It always cracks me up when I see people say that they don't use a gun because of the way it looks.  I mean seriously, if a potato gun was an option in this game and it killed well...I would use it every match!

Broadband wrote:

BigBronco666 wrote:

The exact same. The AK-47 and Enfield also fire at the same rate as the Galil and Commando.

Indeed, thanks for the answer
    NIGHTPR0WLER76

Broadband wrote:

Crap gun in my opinion. Kills in the same amount of bullets as the FAMAS, but fires way slower. Worse hip fire accuracy than FAMAS, too. 5 more bullets per mag than FAMAS still doesn't keep it from being inferior.

Galil does more damage than the Famas, this makes a difference if you are hitting people in arms and legs, and at medium to long range, the Famas is a joke compared to the Galil or AK.

MagicalRook8066 wrote:

BigBronco666 wrote:

It always cracks me up when I see people say that they don't use a gun because of the way it looks.  I mean seriously, if a potato gun was an option in this game and it killed well...I would use it every match!

It's the damn handle thingy, I just can't deal with it lol
    OsirisGreys
    well now I see the amount of people who use it and rate it, I think I'll keep it for a while lol. I just feel as if I get more from the Galil. But will more than likely go back to the AK when I've unlocked it again.
    I like the stoner aswell, so may have a few days with that.
    The Galil is a great gun, but i would still have to pick the AK47 over it. IMO i feel it has less recoil and i can aim better with it. But the Galil is my 2nd favorite.
    AbsolutelySoBeast
    The Galil is actually an Israeli-made copy of the AK47 with a few minor adjustments.  The AK47 has higher damage and I believe a lower rate of fire, it is also a heavier gun (weight wise), so when you hold down the trigger it tends to stay relatively in place, whereas the Galil will get away from you if you hold the tirgger down for more than 5 or 6 rounds.

I have 21,000 kills with the Galil and it is one of my highest KD ratio guns. I personally love the rate of fire and most of all the extra rounds. With extended mags you get 50 and regular is 35. It sounds insignificant, but I assure you the first time you get a triple kill( Dual mags or silencer) or a multi-kill (extended mags) you will fall in love. I actually got seven guys once with the galil, they lined up perfectly and I had just reloaded.
    TrueTragic
    The Galil is a solid gun.  I cannot complain about it because I have had some really great games with it.  But it is just one of my least favorite guns.  Right now, my two most used Assault Rifles are the M14 and the AK-47.  There is really not a bad Assault Rifle.  Even the Enfield, although not great, is still reliable in the right hands.
    slob18c1
    Galil is the assault rifle of choice for me due to it's iron sights.  I don't like red dots/reflex sights and I hate iron sights that obstruct half your view when zoomed in.
    Bieltan
    Its a good gun, and next in line to be declared OP as it seems more and more people are starting to moan as more and more people realise how good it is.

Ah well

*carries on with his HK21*

OsirisGreys wrote:

UnderworldSkull wrote:

Agree, the Famas is a good gun but the Galil is better if you want to go chicken for example (read: counter-teamdeathmatch-class in objective game mode), add supressor and ghost and you are good to go. The Galil consumes less ammo (the Famas firerate is sick ). I dig the accuracy on the Galil, i've been reading on this forum that one shouldn't give the in game stats that much credibility and i must say that the Galil is a perfect example.

Just take a look at the accuracy stats for this gun, they're pretty bad
    OsirisGreys
    yeah the acc is bad (think mine is like 9.5%), but if you have ext mags you could spray a few all over the place but still have the ability to hit people enough times to kill them.
    The galil is a great gun. Yes it has some recoil but that is why you shoot in bursts. Throw on a silencer and its great actually better than the famas
    I have been using the Galil lately and am very happy with the results.  I still switch back and forth from the G11 and Galil.  Enough people use the silence Galil that I can pick up rounds easily.  The other day I picked up rounds and before I knew it I had like 200+ rounds! Of course I got to excited and only got one kill after that. 
    Galil > Famas.

'Nuff said.

On a more serious note, I cannot use the Famas for the life of me. The only time I do good with it is when I run out of ammo and go to town. If I equip it on a class of mine and use it, i might as well suicide 18 times and leave the game. The Famas' recoil always seems to go away from the person when I used it. And personally, in the beginning of the game, (day or two after release) when I unlocked the Famas, I didn't like it then either. I thought the recoil was terrible.
    DemonHunter777
    Galil is like all the guns to me. One day they will destroy anyone. The next day they won't harm a flea.
    reformedplayer
    good gun.... decent rate of fire great accuracy

only draw back is it takes way to long to reload... def need dual mags or slight of hand when you use it