14 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2011 8:42 PM by WarhammerTX RSS

PC is not included in CODElite beta!

jasonroloff
"Currently, we do not plan to launch a version of the beta for the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops."

That is right from the FAQ section for Elite on this website.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised.
  • Re: PC is not included in CODElite beta!
    AltMelodium
    lol, like we didn't already know it was gonna be a port.
    pileoftumors31
    Who cares anyway?
    Dark Passenger
    [ Modified by Moderator ]
    i sign up for beta. And now u say we no launch beta. U guys have already crossed the line. 3 DLCs which we have to pay for because u dont have enough money apparently. second, u make dodgy patches that make the game worse instead of better,third u give us late releases.

Treyarch u and ur chicken lil publisher Activision will never forget the day when u brought down CoD and raised Battlefield to the top of the most wanted game of the year.

So u can kiss ur lil elite piece of **** bye bye and flush it down the toilet. Dw i have something better that shouldnt fail. Its called Battlelog and its looks great so far. Plus its free to an extent
    quercus1
    Now we just have to wait for EA to make some joke about it.
    masterdivil
    I'm just waiting for skyrim personally the elder scrolls games Are supreme games but they are single player only
    [EW]TheO'ReilyFactor
    What is Activision's problem? Are they trying to kill CoD for PC? I don't know if this is an issue with not getting it ready in time because they cant just do an awful port like they normally do with their games since WaW but show some respect to the community that gave life to your game.

Not only that but how many PC players give ideas that get implemented into the console versions. How many PC players create maps with custom scripts and effects that inspire maps for new games?

I could live with another console port for MW3 as long as it included dedicated servers like Black Ops (ones that didn't suck ass would be a bonus) as well as at least an attempt to support our platform as much as xbox. It doesn't even look like Bobby Kotick gives a flyingfuck about the PC version. I want a PC game, and if MW3 can't deliver then I'll be looking forward to aIW3.

The PC community maybe smaller than console, but they inspire more features and offer more support than feedback than the console communities combined. God i wish kotick could realize that.

/endrant
    Buschie

pileoftumors31 wrote:

Who cares anyway?

This

Activision is grasping at straws to try to draw in more people to play their rehashed COD4. No one cares.
    Tactictoe
    Lol and what was the good of dedicated servers that were laggier than p2p? Activision is fail now.
    alcoholblisss
    We know that they do not need to showcase a ELITE beta for PC just so that it can be hacked. That will come soon enough.

What I don't understand, is why people still insist on buying non-PC exclusive games for PC (like COD) and then keep ******** about console.

90+ PC Exclusive Games 2011
    http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27558178

You want PC, then support  the PC exclusives.

alcoholblisss wrote:

What I don't understand, is why people still insist on buying non-PC exclusive games for PC (like COD) and then keep ******** about console.

I agree, if a developer is going write of PC and develop games for a console and treat PC as an after thought, I have no problem with returning the favor. I have seen what the next "future title that cannot be discussed" looks like, it has reach a new level of terrible it looks like Black Ops will be my last COD game, it was fun while it lasted.

DBD_LOBO wrote:

alcoholblisss wrote:

I agree, if a developer is going write of PC and develop games for a console and treat PC as an after thought, I have no problem with returning the favor. I have seen what the next "future title that cannot be discussed" looks like, it has reach a new level of terrible it looks like Black Ops will be my last COD game, it was fun while it lasted.

Same here I'm pretty much done with cod but i'll still keep playing cod4 because that was a CoD game before Activi$ion/treyarch/IW quit caring about the PC.

BFBC2 is also a great game for anyone whos looking for a game to switch over from black Oops.
    WarhammerTX

Tactictoe wrote:

Lol and what was the good of dedicated servers that were laggier than p2p? Activision is fail now.

The deal is this we didnt get actually dedicated servers, the deal with gameservers is a bust do to you have many games running on 1 server box not just 1 box running your server which now you have borderline bandwidth issues which causes lag depending where your at and how many jumps you take to get to the server. Same problem with bf2bc your sharing a server with many people. There is a big difference in having a dedicated server box that is just yours. Plus they can control all the servers content and make more money why do you think the servers are so cheap.