10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2011 4:38 AM by meerkat23 RSS

Question about hackers and other stuff

sither03
Hi, I just picked up COD WAW again today after trading it in ages ago, but it seems now like it is full of hackers, and I was wondering how I know for sure that who are hackers and who are not ( I dont want to report people if they're innocent)

Also, when I had the game the first time round, I dont remember there being anything next to the minimap whenever I play a game online, all it says is something like [insertgamertag]gotnoclipwww.youtube.com is that a hacker??

Also if you are a hacker, why the hell do you bother buying a game just so you can hack it so you cant play the game properly anyway? I mean seriously, tell me cuz I'd love to know and also if you are a hacker go away and dont play call of duty and leave all of us proper legit gamers in peace.

anyway help would be appreciated on the first 2 questions thanks
  • Re: Question about hackers and other stuff
    loadedtoad
    yep. The stupid youtube links across the screen marks the cheaters. I've been filing complaints for several days. WOW! Lots of complaints. Not sure anyone at XBox Live or TreyArch care. Seems today the offending hackers went away after a couple games. Where as before they cheated all day without letting up. Maybe getting banned? I don't know. The gamertags are different. We can only hope. The game deserves a patch. Such rich textures and depth of maps missing in later games like MW2 and BO's. Fantastic. 

I will say one thing. If TreyArch is going to let WaW die in such an undignified and undeserved fashion, you would think XBox Market Place would stop selling downloadable copies of a "dead" game.
    sither03
    Thank you, what do I report them for? I've been reporting them for system hacking but I'm not sure if thats right, Also, if someones name in the lobby is all rainbow coloured or moving around in some way, are they hackers too? I think they probably are but I just want to make sure.

Yeah I managed to find a game last night without any hackers and it was awesome! Hackers really take everything away from the game, I cant believe they're letting these hackers get away with it!

sither03 wrote:

Thank you, what do I report them for? I've been reporting them for system hacking but I'm not sure if thats right, Also, if someones name in the lobby is all rainbow coloured or moving around in some way, are they hackers too? I think they probably are but I just want to make sure.

Yeah I managed to find a game last night without any hackers and it was awesome! Hackers really take everything away from the game, I cant believe they're letting these hackers get away with it!

It tells you everything about the hackers and what they are. Please follow me on Twitter to fix Call Of Duty: WaW

Forum post: http://community.callofduty.com/message/105575873#105575873

Twitter Account: http://twitter.com/#!/FixWaWPetition
    loadedtoad

sither03 wrote:

yes the rainbow gamertags in the lobby are the cheaters. Report them for "system tampering." You can also file complaints during gameplay. Simply press the back button and thumb pad to the cheaters gamertag. Press y. Choose file complaint. Choose file complaint. Choose tampering. Choose system tampering. choose file complaint. Then look for more cheaters. And do the same.
    I had a lovely conversation with a hacker today!

Hacker: Hey, uh, i'm hosting an infections lobby
    Me: Stop ruining this game with your hacks
    Hacker: They're not hacks. They're infections
    Me: Hacks, Infections, whatever you want to call them, they ruin the game
    Hacker: Do you think Microsoft gives a @#$% about this game? It's old. Hacking old games is a new perspective and way to play
    Me: Talking to you is like teaching a chimp to count or teaching a rat to run a maze. Do you have any idea that other people have brains? Is it fun for THEM to be shot at by a guy flying through the air with god mode?
    Hacker: You know, I turn God Mode off and do a "funtoge" so it's a montage, but more fun. With me just no-clipping around people.
    Starbeam

sither03 wrote:

Hi, I just picked up COD WAW again today after trading it in ages ago, but it seems now like it is full of hackers, and I was wondering how I know for sure that who are hackers and who are not ( I dont want to report people if they're innocent)

Also, when I had the game the first time round, I dont remember there being anything next to the minimap whenever I play a game online, all it says is something like [insertgamertag]gotnoclipwww.youtube.com is that a hacker??

Also if you are a hacker, why the hell do you bother buying a game just so you can hack it so you cant play the game properly anyway? I mean seriously, tell me cuz I'd love to know and also if you are a hacker go away and dont play call of duty and leave all of us proper legit gamers in peace.

anyway help would be appreciated on the first 2 questions thanks

I really feel with you, as I picked up WaW (my favorite game of all time)and it´s so jammed full with hackers I almost wanna cry. Please file complaint about tampering with the system as soon as you see a hacker. Treyarch really should know better then to let their best game of all time slowly die out in indignity. As Takeo says, " I bring dishonor to my ancestors ", that is exactly what the "new breed" of people at Activision and Treyarc. Selling a bit slow? Let´s give out another Modern Warfare title! Three modern warfare titels on five years, and on those five years only one WW2 title. Get your act together Activision!
    Dragon6-9
    come on treyarch! dont leave W@W in the behind in shadows were hackers defile it everyday, give us an update. im sick of all these world at war hackers on the ps3 with there color changing names (not clan tags, but names) and their invincibility. just today i played a match were some hackers would take absolutely no damage, they had tanks that went like 200mph (instead of the usual 5mph) and there tanks cannons were fully automatic.. now come on.. i expect this kind of bs from mw2, but W@W....?
    Schnippshly
    Hackers are the people spamming messages.
    Also Activision doesn't give a **** about anything, especially not us, the people who paid for their games that they won't support.
    seizuresaurus
    It's obvious we arent getting help from IW and 3arc any time soon, so its up to us to clean up call of duty.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RGmGmFU0Yo
    meerkat23
    I'm glad to see there are other people out there who are reporting these morons. Dont forget to submit a player review and avoid them too! If no one played against the hackers they would be all alone but there seems to be a steady stream of new players coming to WAW and this cant be good for them to see.