33 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2012 2:41 AM by Dunker RSS

High KDR does not mean you have skill

redx165
This is what i say any many of others

KDR 1.00 or higher means your good

KDR 2.50 and below means your good

KDR 3.00 or higher means you have no skill and camp


Every time i see a person with a KDR of 3.00 only camps i only saw one person never camp other than that you didnt earn it the right way you just camp in a cornor and wait for people

2.25 for me and it keeps on going
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    What about the players who have a 3 KD and don't camp?  Most of the high ranked players on TDM & FFA will have a KD close or above 3.0 without camping.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    Another look how awesome I am and garbage you are thread...YAY... 

    If you have a KD of <1 then I say maybe you are a good objective player or maybe not so good at TDM and FFA...

    If you have a KD of 1 - 2 then I say see above...

    If you have a KD  2- 3 then I say see above...

    If you have a KD > 3 then I say get off the dashboard you are ruining the game for the rest of us...

    OBVIOUSLY thre are players that do not fit any of the above, just generalising here as it's a public forum...
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    redx165

    JamesAFC wrote:

     

    What about the players who have a 3 KD and don't camp?  Most of the high ranked players on TDM & FFA will have a KD close or above 3.0 without camping.




    The ones that dont camp are good but i can never find someone that doesnt camp with that KD
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    asasa
    I can easily manage a 3.0+ in TDM/FFA/Dom without camping.. I dont see why that suddenly makes me unskilled.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    thebiindsniper
    If you have a high K/D, as well as a good SPM in Team Deathmatch and Free For All, then I will admire your skill.  Even if you did camp, because it's a legitimate strategy after all.

    However, if you think your Overall Combat Record K/D makes you skilled, you have to second guess on that.  Reasons being, are because some people play objective games, and don't focus on objectives.  Instead, they farm kill for personal satisfaction, because objective games offer more time for kills, which in turn, adds to score and rewards.

    So, they'll have a 3+ K/D ratio on their combat record, yet in TDM/FFA leaderboards, it'll be a lot less. 

    ~RUGGED SAVIOR
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    Karl N
    My KD is high and I run around with the uzi. I'm aiming to make it my top weapon. At the moment it's in third place, behind the galil and then the AK47.

    My KD in TDM is also about 3.63 or something, and I don't even camp in corners with ghost like most people seem to do now.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    fantasmo

    Redx165 wrote:

     

    This is what i say any many of others

    KDR 1.00 or higher means your good

    KDR 2.50 and below means your good

    KDR 3.00 or higher means you have no skill and camp


    Every time i see a person with a KDR of 3.00 only camps i only saw one person never camp other than that you didnt earn it the right way you just camp in a cornor and wait for people

    2.25 for me and it keeps on going




    MarkofJ, DahGame360 and Ronaldhino1224 (Ron's KD is 7). But yeah I do agree for the most part besides these people I've rarely seen an above 3 KD player who doesn't camp their ass off/dashboard.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    Giliann
    I met someone on xbox live with 3.6 K/D and he is very good. No dashboarding, no lame camping or whatever.

    But yes it doesn't mean you are good. I can get a very high K/D if I would just play very carefull and very serious all the time and dashboard when needed. I rather just have fun and in the end no one cares what a 15 yo on the other side of the world thinks of your stats.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    SNOOP DOG XX

    Redx165 wrote:

     

    This is what i say any many of others

    KDR 1.00 or higher means your good

    KDR 2.50 and below means your good

    KDR 3.00 or higher means you have no skill and camp


    Every time i see a person with a KDR of 3.00 only camps i only saw one person never camp other than that you didnt earn it the right way you just camp in a cornor and wait for people

    2.25 for me and it keeps on going




    noob,

    jealous ? ...
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    SNOOP DOG XX

    Fantasmo wrote:

     

    Redx165 wrote:

     

    This is what i say any many of others

    KDR 1.00 or higher means your good

    KDR 2.50 and below means your good

    KDR 3.00 or higher means you have no skill and camp


    Every time i see a person with a KDR of 3.00 only camps i only saw one person never camp other than that you didnt earn it the right way you just camp in a cornor and wait for people

    2.25 for me and it keeps on going




    MarkofJ, DahGame360 and Ronaldhino1224 (Ron's KD is 7). But yeah I do a  gree for the most part besides these people I've rarely seen an above 3 KD player who doesn't camp their ass off/dashboard.




    lol a 7 KD
    hahaha, do you really think that is legit ?

    maybe they got it from spawnkilling ( since in the start of the game there were no leavers dashboarders and **** )...
    or a second account,

    and what is his WL ?
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    creaper21
    Who cares if they camp? If you have a prpoblem with campers, then it is YOU who has no skill,.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    SNOOP DOG XX

    creaper210 wrote:

     

    Who cares if they camp? If you have a prpoblem with campers, then it is YOU who has no skill,.


    `

    omg ?

    because i have a problem with them does it mean i have no skill ? hahaha serious??

    yes i get killed by campers, but when they killed me once, i come back and theyh cannot kill me twice.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    creaper21

    SNOOP DOG XX wrote:

     

    creaper210 wrote:

     

    Who cares if they camp? If you have a prpoblem with campers, then it is YOU who has no skill,.


    `

    omg ?

    because i have a problem with them does it mean i have no skill ? hahaha serious??

    yes i get killed by campers, but when they killed me once, i come back and theyh cannot kill me twice.


    Rushing takes no more skill than camping. Running around hipfiring room to room is just as "skillful" as defending an area. KDR is the best representation of skill when to comes to stats.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill

    creaper210 wrote:

     

    Rushing takes no more skill than camping. Running around hipfiring room to room is just as "skillful" as defending an area. KDR is the best representation of skill when to comes to stats.



    I've got nothing against campers but I don't understand how you say rushing doesn't require any more skill than camping does.. When you camp, you're generally in a position where you have the upper hand, it's just a matter of waiting for someone to come to you.. When you rush it's far more unpredictable and easier to die. So if two players have a 3 KD - one rushes and the other camps, I'd have to say the rusher has more skill.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    lykbutta
    not ANOTHER i hate campers thread....

    how original......
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    creaper21

    JamesAFC wrote:

     

    creaper210 wrote:

     

    Rushing takes no more skill than camping. Running around hipfiring room to room is just as "skillful" as defending an area. KDR is the best representation of skill when to comes to stats.



    I've got nothing against campers but I don't understand how you say rushing doesn't require any more skill than camping does.. When you camp, you're generally in a position where you have the upper hand, it's just a matter of waiting for someone to come to you.. When you rush it's far more unpredictable and easier to die. So if two players have a 3 KD - one rushes and the other camps, I'd have to say the rusher has more skill.


    So he is smarter than the rusher.
    Because the blind rushers continue to come to the same spot and feed us kills.
    Rushing takes no more skill. Camping is just another excuse so people have a reason for doing bad. Call of Duty is also about thinking smart. And camping, if you're doing it right, is smart. So you keep saying the rusher has more skill, but in the end, I will be above him.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    SNOOP DOG XX
    creaper

    if you play on xbox

    than add me

    i would really wanna see how u play

    and i still need friends.

    add me.

    Vendetta IVI


    and the IVI

    is ' I '  V ' I  

    so i, v , i .
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    creaper21

    SNOOP DOG XX wrote:

     

    creaper

    if you play on xbox

    than add me

    i would really wanna see how u play


    Why? I told everyone how I play. I camp. Or I kinda do. I usually patrol an area close to the edge of the map. If you want to call that camping still.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    SNOOP DOG XX
    i bet your score per minut is miserable
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    creaper21

    SNOOP DOG XX wrote:

     

    i bet your score per minut is miserable


    Usually the highest in every lobby leaderboard.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill

    creaper210 wrote:

     

    JamesAFC wrote:

     

    I've got nothing against campers but I don't understand how you say rushing doesn't require any more skill than camping does.. When you camp, you're generally in a position where you have the upper hand, it's just a matter of waiting for someone to come to you.. When you rush it's far more unpredictable and easier to die. So if two players have a 3 KD - one rushes and the other camps, I'd have to say the rusher has more skill.


    So he is smarter than the rusher.
    Because the blind rushers continue to come to the same spot and feed us kills.
    Rushing takes no more skill. Camping is just another excuse so people have a reason for doing bad. Call of Duty is also about thinking smart. And camping, if you're doing it right, is smart. So you keep saying the rusher has more skill, but in the end, I will be above him.



    I'm not denying that campers/defensive players are smarter than rushers, I'm just saying if you took a camper and a rusher who both have the same KD, the rusher will generally be the better player. If you can rush and maintain a 3 KD, there's no reason you can't get an even higher KD by camping.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    creaper21

    JamesAFC wrote:

     

    creaper210 wrote:

     

    JamesAFC wrote:

     

    I've got nothing against campers but I don't understand how you say rushing doesn't require any more skill than camping does.. When you camp, you're generally in a position where you have the upper hand, it's just a matter of waiting for someone to come to you.. When you rush it's far more unpredictable and easier to die. So if two players have a 3 KD - one rushes and the other camps, I'd have to say the rusher has more skill.


    So he is smarter than the rusher.
    Because the blind rushers continue to come to the same spot and feed us kills.
    Rushing takes no more skill. Camping is just another excuse so people have a reason for doing bad. Call of Duty is also about thinking smart. And camping, if you're doing it right, is smart. So you keep saying the rusher has more skill, but in the end, I will be above him.



    I'm not denying that campers/defensive players are smarter than rushers, I'm just saying if you took a camper and a rusher who both have the same KD, the rusher will generally be the better player. If you can rush and maintain a 3 KD, there's no reason you can't get an even higher KD by camping.


    Maybe. But I don't think they can really be compared even if they are both equally skilled. I guess they are both good in their own way. Campers put them in positions where they are harder to kill. I think most rushers just refuse to learn how to properly take out campers, but to the ones that do, they are good players.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    owiseguyo
    IMO, Its harder to get a great KD from camping compared to rushing or patrolling. Alot of players are spiteful and will come back for you in your camping spot. When that happenes you lose your KS rewards and there goes your good game. its always better to keep moving. But you need to have quick reactions and good gun skill to hold a 3+ KD. That is unless you dashboard. Also a good headset wouldn't hurt.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill

    oWISEGUYo wrote:

     

    IMO, Its harder to get a great KD from camping compared to rushing or patrolling. Alot of players are spiteful and will come back for you in your camping spot. When that happenes you lose your KS rewards and there goes your good game. its always better to keep moving. But you need to have quick reactions and good gun skill to hold a 3+ KD. That is unless you dashboard. Also a good headset wouldn't hurt.



    harder to get a great kd from camping???? LOL WUT
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    bnimph10
    I agree that there are a lot of kids with 2.5 or 3.0 KDRs and they just camp corners, but you can't just look at KDRs when assessing skill.  You need to take into account the Points per Minute stat because that really tells all.  When I see a player with a 1.0 KDR but really low points per minute, I know he's just a no skill camper.  But the same 1.0 KDR with a more Points per Minute (PPM) means they move around more, and probably have more skill than the other guy I just mentioned.  I have a 2.0 KDR and my PPMs are pretty high, so I consider myself to have skill because it shows that I go looking for kills.  I don't wait for them to come to me.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    Skilled player will have a high KD, but high KD does not mean the player is skilled.

    You need to look at both KD and SPM.

    KD is most reliable in TDM/FFA.

    Camping is easier than rushing.

    45-15 takes more skill than 3-1 (same KD).

    That's it.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    brandaman
    Not really.

    Just because you have a three KD it doesn't mean you camp. I once had this discussion with someone with a 3.6 KD, watched his videos and he didn't camp.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    owiseguyo

    SickShot98 wrote:

     

    oWISEGUYo wrote:

     

    IMO, Its harder to get a great KD from camping compared to rushing or patrolling. Alot of players are spiteful and will come back for you in your camping spot. When that happenes you lose your KS rewards and there goes your good game. its always better to keep moving. But you need to have quick reactions and good gun skill to hold a 3+ KD. That is unless you dashboard. Also a good headset wouldn't hurt.



    harder to get a great kd from camping???? LOL WUT


    keep laughing. Most of the best players on the game will agree with me. Remember I didnt say good, I said great KD.(4.0+). You cant get that by staying in one spot the whole game.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    CallOfDuty18
    LOL OP's bad at the game.

    brb pretending >3.00KD means you're bad

    brb OP can't even spell "corner"

    Someone's bitter they can't hit dat dere 3.00
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    Ultama
    Maintaining a high KD, or even increasing a high KD with a huge ammount of kills does take skill. I have over 80K kills, and have recently been able to get my KD from 2.47 to 2.69. This meant i had to be obtaining KDs of around 5-10 each match. Im personally a Rusher, however occasionally, i will choose a class which allows me to rack up kills whilst "head glitching" (taking cover behind a object, where they can only see your head, but you can see all of them, and thus making you nearly impossible to hit). MLG and proffesional players usually move where cover is situated, and takes far more skill than sitting in obscure corners.
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    scolia5044
    But really i think it's you that is doing the camping with a K/D under those numbers in your post how about asking for help not more trouble
  • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill
    Ultama

    Scolia5044 wrote:

     

    But really i think it's you that is doing the camping with a K/D under those numbers in your post how about asking for help not more trouble



    Lol, well i think you're a troll.

    If you're on PS3, Add Commanchie or my mock account, ZxZ_-_Prebender. Then you will realise that im not lying. I have every gold gun, won over 2m cod points in wager matches. You're just jealous that i can increase my KD, even with a considerable ammount of kills/deaths. how about you stop assuming, and get a life?
    • Re: High KDR does not mean you have skill

      1st of all having a good kd doesnt instantly make you a camper. 2nd camping may get us on nerves but is a legitimate techique and 3rd those who say that high kd players only camp or only dashboard are unskilled and very very jealous because they cant have that kd! My kd is 6.80 and my wl is 10.10 if you think im noob then come face me 1 on 1