9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2011 7:12 AM by blldwg23 RSS

Is it me or is there alot more camping now

redx165
For the last couple days i've been put in to lobbys that i was losing and had bad lag but this is even worse it seems like that more people are just camping now. I use to be able to run and gun and see a few campers but now its almost the whole team. Tell me is everyone camping now cause the Patch Famas without Slieght of Hand Pro or is it more people from MW2 coming into black ops?
  • Re: Is it me or is there alot more camping now
    vims1990

Redx165 wrote:

For the last couple days i've been put in to lobbys that i was losing and had bad lag but this is even worse it seems like that more people are just camping now. I use to be able to run and gun and see a few campers but now its almost the whole team. Tell me is everyone camping now cause the Patch Famas without Slieght of Hand Pro or is it more people from MW2 coming into black ops?

For getting into losing matches, it's normal.
    Who would want to leave a game where you're annihilating the opposition?

For the opposition in a sticky situation, they'll start to leave one by one and once you start searching for a lobby, you replace those players.

Regarding your "camping" situation, it's been happening since launch so I don't understand the issue.
    My advice: Be smart. Use your decoys, jammers, motion sensors, concussions/flashbangs etc.
    Check your corners as well. Learn some of the typical camping spots & avoid them at all costs.

There's something I learnt when I once was a complete newbie to COD. Get killed by a corner camper. Don't go back for payback unless you're confident to take that player out. You're just feeding that player kills if you continue going to the same area.
    Let that player come to you.
    redx165

vims1990 wrote:

Redx165 wrote:

For getting into losing matches, it's normal.
    Who would want to leave a game where you're annihilating the opposition?

For the opposition in a sticky situation, they'll start to leave one by one and once you start searching for a lobby, you replace those players.

Regarding your "camping" situation, it's been happening since launch so I don't understand the issue.
    My advice: Be smart. Use your decoys, jammers, motion sensors, concussions/flashbangs etc.
    Check your corners as well. Learn some of the typical camping spots & avoid them at all costs.

There's something I learnt when I once was a complete newbie to COD. Get killed by a corner camper. Don't go back for payback unless you're confident to take that player out. You're just feeding that player kills if you continue going to the same area.
    Let that player come to you.

I know not to go to the same spot but these people are pro campers and they move to different spots
    ghosthound
    There has always been 'camping' in fps's & there always will be.
    david9602

GhostHound wrote:

correction there will always be camping in cod if you camp in battlefield simple solution blow the f*ck out of the wall and kill everyone behind it
    ghosthound

david9602 wrote:

GhostHound wrote:

correction there will always be camping in cod if you camp in battlefield simple solution blow the f*ck out of the wall and kill everyone behind it

Yeah, because there are no campers in Battlefield. 
    bawi

david9602 wrote:

GhostHound wrote:

A very popular solution.  

I know that if anyone should see me corner camping, i'm usually waiting for my little digital world to stop shaking from the lag.  

Honestly, I don't usually see that many people camping. I see my fair share of Ghosters sneaking around, R&Gs that blow by someone they should have seen, Flakers eating explosives... All I know, is that if someone kills me, it was my fault... and I need to punish someone. 
    Mischaonline
    I have gone back to my old  CoD4 strategy when I quckly learnt all the popular spots and ran laps around the maps to take the campers out, and on some of the tricker maps used "fragsx3" if needed. The radius of exploson on an ordinary grenade back then was like a "Danger Close n00btube" on MW2 

Redx165 wrote:

Is it me, or does this post sound eerily like what happened in Norway?? Sheesh
    Yes camping in this game is a good bit worse than it has been in past titles IMO.  What I have found in this game is that it rewards a passive let the enemy come to you play style, and punishes the take the fight to them aggressive play style. 

For about the past 5 days I changed my play style from a rusher/flanker type player to more of passive type play, and I have found it almost easy to have a k/d 1.5 - 3.0 in those games.  This game just seems to be designed to give the advantage to a more passive play unfortunately.  I tried these same tactics in other games in the series and got murdered and went back to my aggressive natural play style and did well.

So with that being said I think a lot of it is just the way this game plays.  I have my theories on why but really don't want to get into that battle.