16 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2011 4:52 AM by meerkat23 RSS

Lets be honest TrayArch.

coff33kid
I know you have Black Ops; your new toy. Hat's off to you boys; good game. Very different from MW1&2 but more importantly; very different from W@W. Balanced, taking over IW in Unit sales etc (As irony goes) we are all very proud of you.

But...
There's an elephant in the room. A huge one at that, spray painted Pink with and elegant stream of hand written letters on its side which are hard to make out but I have deciphered them over the time with the combination of determination and lack of response to the pink elephant from the house where it resides; the words read "F**k you Fans" -shocking; im aware, and be aware i'm not saying you put the elephant there nor spray painted it pink for that matter but i do suspect that the writing has the characteristics of a TrayArch employee.

Okay lets cut to the chase; Your game is officially broken. i don't know if you still look at your stats (I doubt it) but over 200'000 unique login's on WaW per day. thats 200'000 people you ignore each day boys. Honestly; i know you have bigger fish to fry, i know that if your previous titles are hacked that will push them players to buy the bigger better version that is black Op's; but lets think about it for a moment; MW3 comes out, the 200'000 users on WaW begin to dwindle and migrate to better things, that doesn't mean Black Op's. I'm getting a good 75% of COD players have no clue more than two dev's make CoD so what difference does that make? So where does this leave us? It leaves us with the overpowered, unbalanced world of the IW boys (And we all know what that means.) Look, CoD's days are numbered; you have one CoD left in you before Battlefield is at full swing (thats talking realistically looking at how fast Halo was taken over) BF3 had 21% of people at E3's backing and Cod had 4%, thats THIS year. What happens next year? CoD dwindles.

How does this effect you? How will IW be remembered; Unbalanced and Overpowered. TrayArch games; Broken and Hacked with no Support. I know full well you boys are going to Patch WaW about a Week before MW3 comes out because lets face it; the games industry is predicable. All i ask is that you patch it earlier; not because im impatient but how about you show just a tiny bit of respect for them 200'000 fans you have to waw? Just show them that you aren't just doing this for the money and they you actually care about your players to patch this before your rivals show up for Dinner and you start showing off?

I paid £42.00 on release day on WaW, it got my game of the year that year and im not the only one, 200'000 people is a hell of alot of players that you are ticking off each day because not only will they abandon WaW; they will abandon your company and it's future titles.

I know its a simple patch; 2 coders. One week and some publishing confirmation. I bet Kotaku would get wind of you fixing it and it will bump up to 400'000 Players per day. Its plain logic. Fix your ****.
  • Re: Lets be honest TrayArch.
    IW being overpowed and non-blanced?

    CoD 4 had awesome balance. Each gun had its advantages and disadvantages.
    Example:
    AK47 has aweome damage but it's recoil is ****
    M4 Carbine doesn't believe in recoil but it's damage is ****

    The only OP stuff in MW2 were:
    -UMP45 (if you use it, you're officially gay)
    -Quickscoping (its called a sniper rifle, not a run-around-like-an-idiot-on-coke rifle)
    -Noob Toobs w/ DC & OMA (if you use them, you're gayer than all of the Silenced UMPS in the world)
  • Re: Lets be honest TrayArch.
    kainon

    Dudeacus97 wrote:

     

    IW being overpowed and non-blanced?

    CoD 4 had awesome balance.




    COD 4 - Modern Warfare has NOTHING to do with Treyarch.

    I Love WWII era, and would go back to W@W if I knew they patched it.
  • Re: Lets be honest TrayArch.
    brandaman

    Kainon wrote:

     

    Dudeacus97 wrote:

     

    IW being overpowed and non-blanced?

    CoD 4 had awesome balance.




    COD 4 - Modern Warfare has NOTHING to do with Treyarch.

    I Love WWII era, and would go back to W@W if I knew they patched it.


    He never said they did. He said IW's games were balanced.
  • Re: Lets be honest TrayArch.
    hornswoggled
    Let's be honest, coff33kid, 3Arch has moved on.

    I, too missed this game. It's a classic that I would re-visit every now and then.

    Oh, well...
    :sad:
  • Re: Lets be honest TrayArch.
    coff33kid

    Dudeacus97 wrote:

     

    IW being overpowed and non-blanced?

    CoD 4 had awesome balance. Each gun had its advantages and disadvantages.
    Example:
    AK47 has aweome damage but it's recoil is ****
    M4 Carbine doesn't believe in recoil but it's damage is ****

    The only OP stuff in MW2 were:
    -UMP45 (if you use it, you're officially gay)
    -Quickscoping (its called a sniper rifle, not a run-around-like-an-idiot-on-coke rifle)
    -Noob Toobs w/ DC & OMA (if you use them, you're gayer than all of the Silenced UMPS in the world)



    Youre listing weapons to me chap but im talking about general balance; overall weapon damage and killstreaks NOT weapon spacific. MW1 was super balanced because it was super SIMPLE. No over powered kill streaks nor unbeatable weapons; i've seen alot of different weapon users on mw1 and for good reason; the AK was the last weapon on the prestige for a good reason; as is the G11 on BO- fair. The 47u unpatched at 13 is WRONG but Tray Arc see this and fix it. Im just after a patch chap, not a review of MW1; that game was half of what WaW was if i was to be honest. the maps we too unbalanced for objective based gameplay and it was more subjective to the glitchers and try hards. WaW was the last good CoD to be honest, and these boys wont even fix it?

    Get out of Modern warfare and look to what is actually balanced and fun, not overpowered and fun or not fun at all, you need a balance AND fun not just fun or it becomes annoyance... sorry. Deal with it, WaW is a better game over all; regardless of sales.

    PATCH!!!!!
  • Re: Lets be honest TrayArch.
    People have been complaining for a good year about this. Treyarch simply don't give a fcuk.

    As we gamers, fans, paying players of WAW are constantly being ignored what I suggest is that we use all the threads as evidence of Treyarch's and Activision's non commitment to fix this game and write letters to all credible online YouTube commentators (Cynical Brit) and get him to give his opinion on the MailBox, companies like Kotaku, Games Industry, etc.

    We can start a standard letter which simply highlights the problem and it does not need to be very complicated.
  • Re: Lets be honest TrayArch.
    C_L_O_U_D_M_A_N
    I'd rather not go into this realm of debate, but I really don't think BF3 is going to be the death of MW3 or the CoD franchise in general.

    But other than that I am completely in agreeance with you (I love how you worded that first paragraph by the way!). Also - not that I don't believe you - but where did the WAW player count figure come from?

    According to that bald twit Robert Bowling of Infinity Ward, a security patch is on the horizon for COD4. I'm hoping this was instigated by Activision rather than IW, as it might mean they're getting onto Treyarch about WAW's problems too.

    I'd love to see the three map packs offered for compensation seeing as they hardly ever come up these days with all the new accounts playing (or maybe a few months of Double XP), but at this stage I'd be more than satisfied with just one damn patch to fix my goddamn game.
  • Re: Lets be honest TrayArch.
    coff33kid

    C_L_O_U_D_M_A_N wrote:

     

    I'd rather not go into this realm of debate, but I really don't think BF3 is going to be the death of MW3 or the CoD franchise in general.

    But other than that I am completely in agreeance with you (I love how you worded that first paragraph by the way!). Also - not that I don't believe you - but where did the WAW player count figure come from?

    According to that bald twit Robert Bowling of Infinity Ward, a security patch is on the horizon for COD4. I'm hoping this was instigated by Activision rather than IW, as it might mean they're getting onto Treyarch about WAW's problems too.

    I'd love to see the three map packs offered for compensation seeing as they hardly ever come up these days with all the new accounts playing (or maybe a few months of Double XP), but at this stage I'd be more than satisfied with just one damn patch to fix my goddamn game.



    Yeah i agree; of course i wouldn't say that BF3 is going to be the death of it but it will be selling enough to put a dent in CoD, its BF4 that will do all the killing; my point is that they need to fix these things before that does happen.

    majnu wrote:

     

    People have been complaining for a good year about this. Treyarch simply don't give a fcuk.

    As we gamers, fans, paying players of WAW are constantly being ignored what I suggest is that we use all the threads as evidence of Treyarch's and Activision's non commitment to fix this game and write letters to all credible online YouTube commentators (Cynical Brit) and get him to give his opinion on the MailBox, companies like Kotaku, Games Industry, etc.

    We can start a standard letter which simply highlights the problem and it does not need to be very complicated.



    I agree; Kotaku need to get wind of this.
  • Re: Lets be honest TrayArch.
    They are destroying their legacy by letting w@w die. In 20 years people aren't going to remember the 1-2 hack free years they had. They're going to remember all the years of unplayable-ness after that.. I'm certain they will abandon Black Ops when their next title comes, and I think that will keep people away from their games in the future.
  • Re: Lets be honest TrayArch.

    Dudeacus97 wrote:

     

    IW being overpowed and non-blanced?

    CoD 4 had awesome balance. Each gun had its advantages and disadvantages.
    Example:
    AK47 has aweome damage but it's recoil is ****
    M4 Carbine doesn't believe in recoil but it's damage is ****

    The only OP stuff in MW2 were:
    -UMP45 (if you use it, you're officially gay)
    -Quickscoping (its called a sniper rifle, not a run-around-like-an-idiot-on-coke rifle)
    -Noob Toobs w/ DC & OMA (if you use them, you're gayer than all of the Silenced UMPS in the world)


    You've got to be kidding me. You kids are still whining about the UMP? Did you not play World at War? You forgetting that little gun known as the MP40? And how it was even more powerful than the UMP? But nah, lets just whine about the UMP some more.
  • Re: Lets be honest TrayArch.
    UltimaFanX
    you guys are all stupid......
    have a bad k/d ratio and you wont be put in with hackers, my kd ratio is .56 and i find only 1-2 hacked lobbys in 5 hours of gameplay
  • Re: Lets be honest TrayArch.
    Schnippshly
    Treyarch is too stupid to patch anything. They just want us to buy Black Ops, so they'll leave World at War unfixed.
  • Re: Lets be honest TrayArch.
    loadedtoad

    drug dealer wrote:

     

    They are destroying their legacy by letting w@w die. In 20 years people aren't going to remember the 1-2 hack free years they had. They're going to remember all the years of unplayable-ness after that.. I'm certain they will abandon Black Ops when their next title comes, and I think that will keep people away from their games in the future.

      I don't agree with drug dealers very often but this is one exception. True. MW2 and Black Ops will one day die the same way as WaW. But TreyArch has one problem on their hands. Look at what Microsoft did when it stopped supporting Windows XP. Microsoft pulled every copy from the shelves of every store that sold software. Every online store that sold XP. GLOBALLY. If you look in XBox Live market place you will see TreyArch still making money from WaW sales. They can't abandon the game and turn profits from sales at the same time. Legal department needs to look at this situation. Maybe we have a little leverage after all.                                                                                                            And this situation does make me think differently about buying the next latest/greatest game from TreyArch. Will my purchase be as short lived at it was with WaW? May influence me away from the cash register.
  • Re: Lets be honest TrayArch.
    Follow this account on Twitter to convince Treyarch in fixing WaW

    http://twitter.com/#!/FixWaWPetition

    Here's the link to the post I made: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100530790
  • Re: Lets be honest TrayArch.
    seizuresaurus
    It's obvious we arent getting help from IW and 3arc any time soon, so its up to us to clean up call of duty.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RGmGmFU0Yo
  • Re: Lets be honest TrayArch.
    meerkat23
    Forget all the talk about overpowered guns and stick to the topic. WaW broken. Needs fixing. Or some hardcore moderation at the very least. If there was a team of 10 guys floating the servers and banning these tards it wont need a patch.

    Perhaps our problem lies not with Treyarch but with Microsoft. If i were to tell Microsoft there were alot of people in WaW breaking the terms of service they should have a duty to remove these people from the service. If I told a nightclub bouncer some dude keeps grabbing my balls in his club i would expect him to remove the offender from the nightclub. Its not like they hide their hacking it's pretty bloody obvious! I am paying for a service called Xbox Live and i am entitiled to a little support in such matters. I'm pretty certain someone has told Microsoft by now about the hackers.

    This suggests to me that Microsoft doesnt give a **** and likes people feeling my balls.