38 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2013 10:54 AM by TitanicMonk6214 RSS

Why is everyone camping?

Lately i am jsut getting so pissed of with the amount of ***** hole ghost campers who sit in a corner for a whole game, the last 20 games ive played i honestly cannot find half the enemy team at least, becuase they are camping hardcore with ghost pro, its ruinng this game even moe and it just means your a **** little *****, so if you camp grow a pair and stop, its ridiculus to the point im nearly selling the game.
  • Re: Why is everyone camping?
    Campers arent dangerous, once they kill you, watch the kill cam..... providing it isnt hardcore.
    AxePhoenix93
    A few things

1. You only notic the ghost campers
    2. Somehow you fail to kill them
    3. Objective games modes need campers to defend flags/bombs

AxePhoenix93 wrote:

A few things

I cant kill them because there either lying down using a head glitch or they hide in another corner, and of course i notice the ghost campers becuase i only get killed by the ghost campers, and i understand for objectives thats fair enough but for teamdeathmatch and the whole enemy team is camping its just ridiculous
    Spur4

jack360 wrote:

AxePhoenix93 wrote:

A few things

I cant kill them because there either lying down using a head glitch or they hide in another corner, and of course i notice the ghost campers becuase i only get killed by the ghost campers, and i understand for objectives thats fair enough but for teamdeathmatch and the whole enemy team is camping its just ridiculous

First point:
    Grenades are very useful.

Second point:
    Tactical Grenades are also very useful.

Third point:
    Hacker is very useful.

Fourth point:
    Don't just run around like a headless chicken.

Fifth point:
    Quit relying on your mini map

Sixth point:
    Watch the killcam.

Seventh point:
    People complain about Ghost, even when there isn't a radar up. I call these people idiots.

Eighth point:
    "Ghost campers" aren't the only campers who kill you, you can quit lying about it. Camping happens in every game. Deal with it.

If you can follow most of these points, I promise that your skill level will increase and "ghost campers" won't be a problem anymore. If you can't deal with a player using Ghost, you are very bad at this game.
    Gervan

jack360 wrote:

Lately i am jsut getting so pissed of with the amount of ***** hole ghost campers who sit in a corner for a whole game, the last 20 games ive played i honestly cannot find half the enemy team at least, becuase they are camping hardcore with ghost pro, its ruinng this game even moe and it just means your a **** little *****, so if you camp grow a pair and stop, its ridiculus to the point im nearly selling the game.

Damn those little camping *******. What sort of a man plays tactically in a war game? The real men run out in the open, get gunned down and then cry on the forums.
    Stop your complaining and just play the game! Others are allowed to play however they want. Maybe they are new to the game and are taking their time "venturing" out into the open.. Some people have different tactics. Holding down an area or room/building is an invitation to you to try and get them out!
    Your OP makes you sound like the p*** hole!

jbghah123 wrote:

Stop your complaining and just play the game! Others are allowed to play however they want. Maybe they are new to the game and are taking their time "venturing" out into the open.. Some people have different tactics. Holding down an area or room/building is an invitation to you to try and get them out!
    Your OP makes you sound like the p*** hole!

+1, I agree    
    MoNsTeR_zAcH
    Because they all suck.
    Halo_=_CoD
    LOL!!!!
    Just snipe like me and you'll have no problem with campers!!!

*ahem*

Serious answer now (though I do snipe)

Flashbangs work wonders. unless they have tac mask pro (which I use on every class)
    And there's always explosives. I keep a china lake as a secondary on my sniper class (helps get rid of people on my way to my perch) Unless they have flak jacket.
    And then there is the ALMIGHTY BLACKBIRD!!!! Except I can never get them. You? maybe. But you're getting killed by campers so no.
    AND TRY NOT TO RUSH BACK IN THERE!!!! Campers COUNT on that happening.
    Shotguns work too. If your sensitivity is high enough (I use 2 because I snipe. So ya) you can quickly turn and SHOOT THEIR HEAD OFF!!!!
    Then the ONE thing left: WALLBANGING!!! Slap on hardened and if there's a camper there, SPRAY AT HIM THROUGH THE WALL!!! Works best with LMG.
    Cookie_Monstah

Because camping is a way to get a lot of kills.

jack360 wrote:

becuase we can, becuase it works, and becuase you keep coming back to me only to keep dying by my hands. maybe you should try a different approach instead of coming from the same spot for the 6th time now 
    Haven't you heard? Corners enhance KDRs! 
    Stripes_Stripes

jack360 wrote:

I guess you dont like a challenge !   I love killing players like you, and Im not camping, but you think I am.....lmao
    yadamus

jack360 wrote:

Tell me about it, thought I'd have a go of nuketown 24/7. FFA came up so i thought 12 people running around a map would be cool.
    how wrong I was...
    K/D whores, or killstreak reward camping.
    TehFlap
    Camping doesn't annoy me.... It confuses me.. i mean why sit in a corner ADS. Not really a point.. personally i have marathon on every class.. i just dont see the fascination of sitting in a corner sucking ****.. their choice though.
    BuffHardthrust
    Leaver campers to their corners and kill someone else if it's that hard for you. You should never be doing the same thing twice.
    Everyone is camping because this game lags to much to try any other kind of strategy.
    Camping can only work for so long before you get figured out. Best campers will move after the kill. Pansy move or tactical? I do it. Love it when someone runs around the corner spraying down the spot I used to be at, only to be shot from a new spot  . I don't always camp, but when I do, I make sure to cause noobrage.
    bawi
    Learn to bunny hop corners. 

Either that, or the alternative:

Do you know how to be street smart? Being street smart means knowing how to keep yourself safe from campers when you're alone or with other people. Whether you're running to the objective, flanking around the enemy, or making your way through a small room, being street smart helps you stay safe. When you're street smart, you know your way around, you know how handle yourself in tough situations, and you're able to "read" people.

The most complicated thing to learn is how to deal with campers. But if you follow a few rules all the time and trust your instincts, you can be really street smart.

Who Are Campers?

When you're making your way to the objective, you see a person in a corner. These people may seem perfectly harmless, but no matter what: They're campers. Unfortunately, campers can be dangerous. A dangerous camper doesn't necessarily look like a bush. That's why it's important to follow these safety rules all the time:

Make Your Whereabouts Known

Make sure your team knows where you are at all times. That means telling whoever is keeping an eye on you where you are and when you've reached the objective.

Stick With a Friend

It's more fun and safer to do things with friends. Take along a buddy when you make your way to the objective. Traveling with a friend whenever you can is a good idea, and traveling with a bunch of people is even better.

Avoid Places That Aren't Safe

Be sure to keep away from isolated areas. These are places where no one is around.

Stay Away From Campers Areas

If a camper kills you once, don't go back. You probably know that rule, right? But that's not all of it. It's also important to avoid a campers area completely. Even if a camper makes it enticing to return, don't do it. Don't even look in the room.

What if a camper knows you're outside the door and makes a move towards you? This is no different from any other time — a camper is a camper, so don't go in the room. Even if the camper just pops out in front of you for a split second to let you know he's in there, turn right around and tell your team what happened.

Make a Lot of Noise If You're Scared

You've probably been told lots of times that you should not yell on the mic and that it's quite annoying. You should keep it down, be calm, or use your inside voice. When you think you might be in danger, forget all of that advice! That's the perfect time to be noisy!

If a camper approaches you on foot and follows you when you try to run away, yell for help as you run away. If a camper ever tries to knife you, yell as loudly as you can and try to get away. You can shout things like, "Help! I don't know you!". People in the area will hear what's going on and help you, so make plenty of noise.

Trust Your Instincts

If your instinct is telling you something is dangerous or just not quite right, get out of the area, tell an adult, or call for backup. No one will think that you are silly. In fact, just the opposite — people will think that you're truly street smart!

Andy Li78
    Agreed campers are pussys!  Since Im not prestiging anymore I make my own game out of it.  One I see you camping I hunt you down the rest of the match.
    cy7s

Andy Li78 wrote:

Agreed campers are pussys!  Since Im not prestiging anymore I make my own game out of it.  One I see you camping I hunt you down the rest of the match.

i would personally like to thank you, and everyone else with the same mentality as you

you guys are the reason i have a 5 kd
    Unlucky lobby.
    Waver148
    Cant be killed by campers if you camp yourself. 
    It's a known fact that camping is a tactic employed out of necessity by those who can't get a kill any other way. You shouldn't hate these people, you should pity them.

Think of it this way. Getting kills is like making money, and they can't make money. So, they're they're broke and homeless, and they live in that little corner. Camping out, if you will, because they have no home. And although people hate the homeless, theirs is a hard lot.

They have it worse than you think.

They also smell really bad and are generally really stupid, so that doesn't help.

Cookie_Monstah wrote:

Because camping is a way to get a lot of kills.

No, defending an area is a way to get a lot of kills. Not sitting in a corner with ghost in the most random places... I really really hate ghost-campers.... And stfu about me being bad, i have a 2.66 k/d and i mostly use ligthweight....
    Here is a nice little thought: Is it REALLY wrong to call someone who camps while using a sniper rifle a pansy? In case you are intellectually challenged, a Sniper Rifle is a Medium-to-Long range weapon. To insult someone for camping with a sniper rifle is like insulting someone for Running-and-Gunning with an Submachine Gun.

Corner camping with an SMG I can understand the hate. But when it comes down to weapon style... can camping REALLY be a noob tactic?
    Bieltan
    If I am good at defending a flag on Dom, you'll see me camp it up. However most of the time I'm playing musical flags
    cy7s

twin_uzis wrote:

It's a known fact that camping is a tactic employed out of necessity by those who can't get a kill any other way. You shouldn't hate these people, you should pity them.

Think of it this way. Getting kills is like making money, and they can't make money. So, they're they're broke and homeless, and they live in that little corner. Camping out, if you will, because they have no home. And although people hate the homeless, theirs is a hard lot.

They also smell really bad and are generally really stupid, so that doesn't help.

it is a known fact that campers regularly own you based on this statement, you dont see people getting so mad at noobs who run around
    avfc94
    summer holidays started last week.
    they are moochs all they do is camp cause the dub xp
    kcgwhiz
    Because they're joysticks are broken, and the only the buttons work.
    Ungrateful-Dead
    With the economy the way it is, camping is the only vacation that people can afford these days.

I have only been around this forum a handful of days and there have been more camper threads on here than times I have been killed by campers.

Personally, I find the camper vs rusher match-up to be an interesting side game to the main game.  You get to match weapons, tactics, skill and brains with an opponent who knows that someone is coming to get them.  A little 1 vs 1 action.

Make it a fun part of your game or ignore them, but they aren't going away.
    NullerGnuen

cy7s wrote:

twin_uzis wrote:

it is a known fact that campers regularly own you based on this statement, you dont see people getting so mad at noobs who run around

Coz the running noobs feeds THEM kills...
    With campers it's the other way around then THEY feed the CAMPERS kills ... and that unfair, everyone knows that..
    ryry1234

Spur4 wrote:

jack360 wrote:

AxePhoenix93 wrote:

A few things

First point:
    Grenades are very useful.

Second point:
    Tactical Grenades are also very useful.

Third point:
    Hacker is very useful.

Fourth point:
    Don't just run around like a headless chicken.

Fifth point:
    Quit relying on your mini map

Sixth point:
    Watch the killcam.

Seventh point:
    People complain about Ghost, even when there isn't a radar up. I call these people idiots.

Eighth point:
    "Ghost campers" aren't the only campers who kill you, you can quit lying about it. Camping happens in every game. Deal with it.

If you can follow most of these points, I promise that your skill level will increase and "ghost campers" won't be a problem anymore. If you can't deal with a player using Ghost, you are very bad at this game.

killcams are cheap after u die from them in Call of duty gay ops. u can watch 5 more seconds where they are its not fair cuz the person who dies has a advangted to kill him.
    creaper21

Andy Li78 wrote:

This is why I end up at the top of the leaderboard everytime I camp.
    I do even better when there are multiple players on the team who think the same way. Never use explosives, never use tactical grenades, and never pay attention. Keep coming to the same spot, but don't get mad when you found out I just switched my position and outplayed you once again.
    every game of hardcore ive ever played was full of campers thats why i stick to core sitting in a corner with the spaz watching the door is not my idea of fun.