12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2011 9:54 AM by godzilla77 RSS

A PS3 View on Shangri-La

okay so us playstation players finally have the map for ourselves to judge and I have to say this map is pretty much amazing. Nothing like the dissapointment that was COTD. this map is crazy difficult, but in a good way, and honestly takes me back to my shi no numa and der riese days on WAW. the Baby gun is absolutly awesome to use(and actually usuable for that matter  ), the spikemores pack quite a punch, the map itself is so refreshingin both visual and design, and the napalm/shrieker/monkies make the map a crazy, chaotic, and panic inducing pace that is much needed. this map is what zombies is all about! the lack of new guns/perks is annoying, but this map more than makes up for it!   I'd give it an A overall. what do you PS3/PC gamers think of shangri-la?
  • Re: A PS3 View on Shangri-La
    I love the maps!!! (all 5 of them)

Shangri-La has to be my favorite zombie map now, possibly because it's fresh though.

If there's a 4th DLC, I really hope it's of as good a quality as Annihilation.
    jakewoto
    ITS AMAZING also the mp maps are aamzing too. considering 3arc had hardly any time and this is the best map  pack so far, i wanna see treyarch make more games and map packs

jakewoto wrote:

ITS AMAZING also the mp maps are aamzing too. considering 3arc had hardly any time and this is the best map  pack so far, i wanna see treyarch make more games and map packs

I would definitely agree that this is the best Black Ops DLC to date. I'm pretty sure that the DLC has been in development since before Black Ops was released, there's no reason for it not to have been.

However I must disagree with wanting to see Treyarch making more games/DLC's ... the main reason being lack of performance. While zombies might be Awesome and the MP Maps are pretty cool, as well as the customization allowances, I must admit that the overall MP gameplay is lacking of a Call of Duty game. Unless they really step up their gaming engine, Treyarch has burnt themselves out with Black Ops (in my book).
    BiG C_619
    Shangri la is amazing , the tight corners and walkways provide a nice challenge unlike COTD or ascension where everything is open and all u do is run circles for hours and i like the monkeys cuz u can change something undesirable like a carpenter to something much needed like max ammo or even a perk bottle
    tyandem1
    well by watching gameplay before it came out on ps3 i said no just no and hated on the map as much as i could but as typical me i bought the map pack and now i must say by far it is my favorite map pack of all time EVER as they always say ya cant judge a book by its cover
    twinwolf954
    davidlsofferman
    It sucks, it's a P.O.S map.- Someone that boycotted the map pack.         I love this map and the rest of the maps....so colorful.
    Deznts
    I like so far. It's hard and fun and nice just to look around. You see some new and old things on this map. The bottled up zombies/aliens from kino are back and I found a wrapped up body which is pretty cool. Overall I give them credit for this map, slot of cool little additions and I'm about to lok for more. A
    if your on now hit me up. Tender_Nugget99. PSN

NoThanksTreyarch wrote:

jakewoto wrote:

I would definitely agree that this is the best Black Ops DLC to date. I'm pretty sure that the DLC has been in development since before Black Ops was released, there's no reason for it not to have been.

However I must disagree with wanting to see Treyarch making more games/DLC's ... the main reason being lack of performance. While zombies might be Awesome and the MP Maps are pretty cool, as well as the customization allowances, I must admit that the overall MP gameplay is lacking of a Call of Duty game. Unless they really step up their gaming engine, Treyarch has burnt themselves out with Black Ops (in my book).

dont worry your not alone on that. I really only play zombies now and after a week or so I'll be back on MW2/Crysis2 anyways.oh and for Wolf/deznets, my PSN is Comrade-Devidra exactly like that. Iposted on the last page too, but I wasnt sure if you would just skip to the next page.
    graveofvirtue
    I very much agree with you and shangri la is a beautiful map call of the dead was not a total dissapointment but having a blizzard rolling in every now and again and plus romero being a constant pain in the ass was treyarch worse idea ever in the history of zombies...but i would like to see a map similar to der riese that just had so much of the backstory hidden though out the map like radios and etc..the only gripe i have about shangri la is the mud trap maze it has gotten me killed once or twice.

graveofvirtue wrote:

I very much agree with you and shangri la is a beautiful map call of the dead was not a total dissapointment but having a blizzard rolling in every now and again and plus romero being a constant pain in the ass was treyarch worse idea ever in the history of zombies...but i would like to see a map similar to der riese that just had so much of the backstory hidden though out the map like radios and etc..the only gripe i have about shangri la is the mud trap maze it has gotten me killed once or twice.

yes the blizzard and the romero has something to do with that