1 2 3 Previous Next 142 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2011 9:45 AM by Wess-L RSS

If you quit you should be punished.

I am sick to death of people raging/dashing as soon as the going starts to get even remotely tough. Its ridiculous that people can keep doing this and yet all they get is a loss (considering 90% of people dont give two sh!ts about WLR).

Future COD games need some sort of penalty system to deter this incessant infatuation people have with being a *****. Something like the system Uncharted 2 has where you lose cash and rank if you rage quit a lot.

Dont get me wrong everyone needs to quit sometimes. Which is why you would only get penalised for repeated quits and the more you quit the worse the penalty. So at first it could just be a time penalty of about one minute and if you continue to quit you receive a more severe punishment.
  • 1. Re: If you quit you should be punished.
    lykbutta
    I wouldnt say so.  This dude earlier saw my stats and said i was a hacker and i must rage quit! wtf! my WLR is 1.31!! ahahhahahha.  I think it would be much higher if i did this rage quit dashboard.  I play solo quite a bit, and for some reason it always throws me into a game that we are losing 5700-1800 or some crazy ass score.  There is no reason for me to even jump in that game.  I know I take a loss but im going to lose anyway, so what.  And it sucks that you get a loss when the host migration fails, and that happens alot dammit!  Let them quit, who cares, they are just the type that talks a bunch of shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit but cant take the talking when they lose
  • 2. Re: If you quit you should be punished.
    kastro187420
    Or, they could just stop relying on the same ancient technology of "listen servers" (more commonly called P2P by players). Dedicated Servers would actually solve this problem and improve the connection quality drastically for most players.
  • 3. Re: If you quit you should be punished.
    Death8u4u

DZ06LT wrote:

I am sick to death of people raging/dashing as soon as the going starts to get even remotely tough. Its ridiculous that people can keep doing this and yet all they get is a loss (considering 90% of people dont give two sh!ts about WLR).

Future COD games need some sort of penalty system to deter this incessant infatuation people have with being a *****. Something like the system Uncharted 2 has where you lose cash and rank if you rage quit a lot.

Dont get me wrong everyone needs to quit sometimes. Which is why you would only get penalised for repeated quits and the more you quit the worse the penalty. So at first it could just be a time penalty of about one minute and if you continue to quit you receive a more severe punishment.

Yes, everyone should get a spanking once they quit.

But seriously, a system like Uncharted 2 would be great.

And you've lost stars.
  • 4. Re: If you quit you should be punished.

lykbutta wrote:

I wouldnt say so.  This dude earlier saw my stats and said i was a hacker and i must rage quit! wtf! my WLR is 1.31!! ahahhahahha.  I think it would be much higher if i did this rage quit dashboard.  I play solo quite a bit, and for some reason it always throws me into a game that we are losing 5700-1800 or some crazy ass score.  There is no reason for me to even jump in that game.  I know I take a loss but im going to lose anyway, so what.  And it sucks that you get a loss when the host migration fails, and that happens alot dammit!  Let them quit, who cares, they are just the type that talks a bunch of shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit but cant take the talking when they lose

I agree, I wouldn't count late joins because there is nothing you can do about them, especially solo.

But it just annoys me when someone with a KDR of 3 and a WLR of 0.3 thinks they are the business, yet back out 30 seconds into the match.

You are also right about the connection though. The system worked in Uncharted because the connection was near flawless.
  • 5. Re: If you quit you should be punished.

Death8u4u wrote:

DZ06LT wrote:

Yes, everyone should get a spanking once they quit.

But seriously, a system like Uncharted 2 would be great.

And you've lost stars.

:o  That must be Gump. He was the one who gave me them in the first place 
  • 6. Re: If you quit you should be punished.
    kastro187420

DZ06LT wrote:

Death8u4u wrote:

And you've lost stars.

:o  That must be Gump. He was the one who gave me them in the first place 

I think mines broken... I can never rate anyone. Everytime I try, nothing happens.
  • 7. Re: If you quit you should be punished.
    Cookie_Monstah
    You do,it counts as a loss.
  • 8. Re: If you quit you should be punished.

Kastro187420 wrote:

Or, they could just stop relying on the same ancient technology of "listen servers" (more commonly called P2P by players). Dedicated Servers would actually solve this problem and improve the connection quality drastically for most players.

How would Dedicated servers solve the issue of people quitting?
  • 9. Re: If you quit you should be punished.

Cookie_Monstah wrote:

You do,it counts as a loss.

As I said, that does very little as very few people care about that stat. Still its better than nothing.

However making people lose money/rank or be forced to wait would surely reduce the amount of quits.
1 2 3 Previous Next