1 2 3 Previous Next 232 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2011 3:19 PM by Zulte RSS

Spy Planes in the Air 24/7

Zulte
Honestly, I am a Ghost Noob.  I was never a Ghost Prod in recent call of duty games though.  I hated the people who used ghost, the perk wasn't overpowered, I just hated ghost.  But with Black Ops ghost is almost a must in most game types to be succesful.  Even teams getting spawn camped still manage to pull out a spy plane.  Everytime I come on the forums people complain how overpowered ghost is in this game.  I always thought they were right, but then I finally figured out what was really overpowered.  The default 3-killstreak spy planes always in the air 24/7.  A 2-kill streak with hardline, put hardline with spyplane and you have a sply plane up the whole game.  There should be another 3-killstreak besides spyplanes and rc-cars, and spy planes should NOT be a freaking 3-kill streak.  It should be a non-default 4 or maybe even 5 kill streak.  If you know where the ememy team is, you will never die.  Not even die to ghost people if you have a motion sensor and the ghost people aren't running hacker pro.

People will give me a simple solution, shoot them down.  No.  I don't have time to shoot down a spy plane and what do you know the enemy has another in the air.  Countless of them.  And only use sam turrets if you want someone with hacker to either a) Knife it, or b) hack it. And if you are the person always in the action I can not sit in my spawn half of them game shooting things down.  Knowing another will be in the air within the next 5 seconds, plus I need a pistol incase I run out of ammo in a gunfight or pick up someone's gun in the middle of the map or action, so I need to pick it up fast.  Strela takes forever to pull out.

Counter spy planes are good but still how many counter spy planes do you see in a game (because it's not a defualt killsteak).  I would rather run ghost, take off counter uav, and put on blackbird.  Also when I do run CS with hardline, I'll use it when the enemy has a spy plane...then I'm on something like a 6 or 7 killstreak, I don't want to kill myself to get another CS.

All I'm basically saying is that ghost isn't overpowered, it's the default 3-killstreak that is always in the air 24/7, and because of this I can't perform at my best with other perks like flackjacket, scavenger, lightweight, or hardline unless I'm rolling with a party 24/7.  And I usually play solo.

What I'm hoping is this issue does not move the MW3.  I just hope it doesn't. I want so be able to be light when I want to be light and survive against bombs when I want to, but it's just impossible unless I'm in a party.  When you play with randoms, it's a gamble and I usually don't switch to another class that doesn't have ghost unless I know these randoms are good. 

IMO. I am good without ghost not to brag by any means but I'm BETTER with ghost. Are you picking up what I'm putting down?

This is my first post, but I have been reading threads for quite awhile, almost 5months or so, and I just wanted to make an account to talk about this, what I think is the issue.  And I'm now happy I can post on threads 
  • 1. Re: Spy Planes
    essentre
    I can understand what you're saying to an extent. For me, it is almost a necessity to have GHOST on as my first tier perk. Very rarely do I not use it and this is because of what you said... theres almost always a spy plane up. To further demonstrate that point, I personally always run a spy plane, counter-spy plane killstreak. I use spyplane because I know that so many people aren't using Ghost. I also use counter-spy plane not because I need it, but because alot of my teammates don't use ghost so it can give me away as well. It's also super handy to have on deck if the enemy rolls out an SR-71

Zulte wrote:

Honestly, I am a Ghost Noob.  I was never a Ghost Prod in recent call of duty games though.  I hated the people who used ghost, the perk wasn't overpowered, I just hated ghost.  But with Black Ops ghost is almost a must in most gme types to be succesful.  Even teams getting spawn camped still manage to pull out a spy plane.  Everytime I come on the forums people complain how overpowered ghost is in this game.  I always thought they were right, but then I finally figured out what was really overpowered.  The default 3-killstreak spy planes always in the air 24/7.  A 2-kill streak with hardline, put hardline with spyplane and you have a sply plane up the whole game.  There should be another 3-killstreak besides spyplanes and rc-cars, and spy planes should NOT be a freaking 3-kill streak.  It should be a non-default 4 or maybe even 5 kill streak.  If you know where the nememy team is, you will never die.  Not even die to ghost people if you have a motion sensor and the ghost people aren't running hacker pro.

People will give me a simple solution, shoot them down.  No.  I don't have time to shoot down a spy plane and what do you know the enemy has another in the air.  Countless of them.  And only use sam turrets if you want someone with hacker to either a) Knife it, or b) hack it. And if you are the person always in th action I can not sit in my spawn half of them game shooting things down.  Knowing another will be in the air within the next 5 seconds, plus I need a pistol incase I run out of ammo in a gunfight or pick up someone's gun in the middle of te map or action, so I need to pick it up fast.  Strela takes forever to pull out.

Counter spy planes are good but still how many counter spy planes do you see in a game (because it's not a defualt killsteak).  I would rather run ghost, take off counter uav, and put on blackbird. 

All I'm basically saying is that ghost isn't overpowered, it's the default 3-killstreak that is always in the air 24/7, and because of this I can't perform at my best with other perks like flackjacket, scavenger, lightweight, or hardline unless I'm rolling with a party 24/7.  And I usually play solo.

This is my first post, but I have been reading threads for quite awhile, almost 5months or so, and I just wanted to make an account to talk about this, what I think is the issue.  And I'm now happy I can post on threads 

• 2. Re: Spy Planes
    The problem with Ghost is that there's every reason to use it and no reason not to use it, rendering everything else virtually worthless.

Lightweight isn't necessary, Scavenger isn't necessary, Flak Jacket isn't necessary, and Hardline isn't necessary. Ghost is pretty much necessary due to all the Spy Planes being constantly thrown up, and the anti air support benefits it gives.

Most people are going to use the most practical, and most beneficial perks.

The Ghost "problem" is simply a result of poor planning/design by Treyarch.
  • 3. Re: Spy Planes
    Zulte
    I think you said what I could not say.  There is no reason to not use ghost.  Another reason why people use it more than other first tier perks.
  • 4. Re: Spy Planes

Zulte wrote:

But with Black Ops ghost is almost a must in most game types to be succesful.

I stopped reading at this sentence because it's completely false. Sorry OP but I strongly disagree.
  • 5. Re: Spy Planes
    Zulte
    ^ You obviouosly never played this game without being in a party.  Try it, being with 5 randoms it's almost imposssible to get an 8killstreak for your sr71.
  • 6. Re: Spy Planes
    You're right, Ghost and its Pro version are not OP. Every CoD is going to have that one set-up that is going to ruin it for some people, and these people tend to make ALOT of noise about it, until its addressed. Thats why the Ghost complainers are still here, nothing has been done(and nothing will be done, as stated by Vahn), about "nerfing" it. Like I said, Every CoD has that one set-up.

Mw2: OMA-DC-noobtubes(IMO, the worst yet).
    WaW: Juggernaut-MP40-Dual Mags.
    CoD4: Juggernaut.

And since Juggernaut made that list twice, I have a theory. Its not that it increases health vs Bullets(it only took one more bullet to kill them then normal), I theorize that the little red cross that would pop up and almost taunt the shooter is the psychological reason its so hated.
  • 7. Re: Spy Planes
    GIMPED ONE
    Ill stick to flack jacket and hardline.  I only have ghost on one class.  I cant stand it, I dont really care what everyone else uses though.  So what if you can see me on the radar, my bullets will still kill you.  If your a camper using ghost you better move before I respawn unless you like getting nades thrown at ya, in which case sit tight and I'll be right back.
  • 8. Re: Spy Planes
    skippinglobster
    If you are someone who can get killstreaks fairly well and stack them, then CSP works pretty well in place of ghost freeing up your tier 1 perk. If you are running with a party who is all running CSP and laws you all essentially have ghost. If everyone has a law then you can take CG and air support out quickly while still being able to fire your rockets at enemies when the situation presents itself. But I have to admit I do get a lot of use out of my Ghost Pro/Ninja Pro class, so your point is well taken. But honestly I don't think it's nearly as annoying as most people do. Blops is still my favorite CoD. Although I do play quite a bit of CoD4 for the cage matches, kinda wish Treyarch would bring that mode back.
  • 9. Re: Spy Planes
    TheStigAFC
    I have to agree OP, i've thought the exact same for quite a long time.  I can keep a constant supply of spyplanes in the air for my team.

In the next game you should only be able to see the enemy if you're the person who called in the spyplane.
    Maybe limit how many planes can be in the air at the same time aswell.
1 2 3 Previous Next