1 2 3 4 Previous Next 232 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2011 3:19 PM by Zulte Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Ghost isn't OverPowered
    Zulte
    Yes, I do not like the fact that a guy can throw a random grenade in the air using hardline, gets a lucky double kill and boom your whole team is shown to the enemy's minimap if they are not running ghost.
  • 11. Re: Spy Planes
    Zulte

TheStigAFC wrote:

I have to agree OP i've thought the exact same for quite a long time.  I can keep a constant supply of spyplanes in the air for my team.

In the next game you should only be able to see the enemy if you're the person who called in the spyplane. Maybe limit how many planes can be in the air at the same time aswell.

That's a good idea and a bad idea at the sametime, because it kinda eliminates the team killstreaks, the killstreaks that help your whole team like a blackblird.
  • 12. Re: Ghost isn't OverPowered
    CNNsWolfBlitzer
    Ghost is a valuable option to be sure. I only use it when I feel that:

A) There are too many Spy Planes being spammed overhead AND that
    B) The other team has players capable of finding and killing me before I notice them (most don't)

Truly good players purposefully avoid using Ghost because they WANT other lesser players to come in for the slaughter when the their little red dot appears on the HUD. If you're an inexperienced player though then the real-go to option is Ghost on the Tier-1 Perk slot.
  • 13. Re: Ghost isn't OverPowered
    Zulte

CNNsWolfBlitzer wrote:

Truly good players purposefully avoid using Ghost because they WANT other lesser players to come in for the slaughter when the their little red dot appears on the HUD.

Yeah, I noticed some players actually just let the enemy come to them.  The enemy knowing where you are means more kills for you if you are a great player, otherwise just means more deaths for you.
  • 14. Re: Ghost isn't OverPowered
    Kelbourne
    I only run ghost on a single class but mostly it is unused and still go positive in the majority of matches. I get the OP's point, but you can do just fine using other perks.
  • 15. Re: Ghost isn't OverPowered
    Ebone Capone
    Dude, are you kidding? I play alone 95% of the time and run Hardline on all my classes. You don't need ghost to be succesful, you need to be good to be succesful. Ghost is a waste of a perk in my opinion, besides getting tons of hate for using it, you're only resistent to a spy plane (I rarely see people with ghost pro). I don't think ghost is OP, but I certainly don't think a spy plane is OP either. It's balanced perfectly with the RCXD being in the same slot, Counter spy planes, sam turrets and launchers. If you seriously can't get a good score without ghost, honestly you just suck.
  • 16. Re: Spy Planes
    slipy sausage

Zulte wrote:

^ You obviouosly never played this game without being in a party.  Try it, being with 5 randoms it's almost imposssible to get an 8killstreak for your sr71.

I do it all the time, I play almost exclusively solo and I get a blackbird most games. Playing with a group just makes the game too easy. Except when you get matched with another group then its a bit of a challenge.
  • 17. Re: Ghost isn't OverPowered
    Zulte

Ebone Capone wrote:

Dude, are you kidding? I play alone 95% of the time and run Hardline on all my classes. You don't need ghost to be succesful, you need to be good to be succesful. Ghost is a waste of a perk in my opinion, besides getting tons of hate for using it, you're only resistent to a spy plane (I rarely see people with ghost pro). I don't think ghost is OP, but I certainly don't think a spy plane is OP either. It's balanced perfectly with the RCXD being in the same slot, Counter spy planes, sam turrets and launchers. If you seriously can't get a good score without ghost, honestly you just suck.

I can, but to get 8-9-11 killstreaks you either need ghost or you need to camp. IMO. I am good without ghost not to brag by any means but I'm BETTER with ghost.  Are you picking up what I'm putting down?
  • 18. Re: Ghost isn't OverPowered
    Ebone Capone
    Then don't run 8/9/11, I don't. I usually run 2/4/7 (Spy Plane, Napalm, Blackbird) and I get them almost every game while playing alone. Hardline really helps. You can't really expect to get 8,9,11 every game unless you play with a party or you're the freakin MarkofJ (beast youtube commentator).
  • 19. Re: Spy Planes
    GIMPED ONE

TheStigAFC wrote:

I have to agree OP, i've thought the exact same for quite a long time.  I can keep a constant supply of spyplanes in the air for my team.

In the next game you should only be able to see the enemy if you're the person who called in the spyplane.
    Maybe limit how many planes can be in the air at the same time aswell.

I remember in one match looking to the heavens to see 5 or 6 in one part in the sky.  I simply put my strella back on my ruck sack and moved on.  To hell with all that just to get 300 points and die.
1 2 3 4 Previous Next