1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 232 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2011 3:19 PM by Zulte Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Ghost isn't OverPowered
    Zulte

Ebone Capone wrote:

Then don't run 8/9/11, I don't. I usually run 2/4/7 (Spy Plane, Napalm, Blackbird) and I get them almost every game while playing alone. Hardline really helps. You can't really expect to get 8,9,11 every game unless you play with a party or you're the freakin MarkofJ (beast youtube commentator).

I don't run 8/9/11 to be a kd whore. My kd sucks 1.64.  This is my first cod game so I sucked at first but now I'm pretty good.  I use 8/9/11 because it's the only challenge I have.  Everything else I get with my eyes closed 
  • 21. Re: Ghost isn't OverPowered
    Ebone Capone

Zulte wrote:

Ebone Capone wrote:

Then don't run 8/9/11, I don't. I usually run 2/4/7 (Spy Plane, Napalm, Blackbird) and I get them almost every game while playing alone. Hardline really helps. You can't really expect to get 8,9,11 every game unless you play with a party or you're the freakin MarkofJ (beast youtube commentator).

I don't run 8/9/11 to be a kd whore. My kd sucks 1.64.  This is my first cod game so I sucked at first but now I'm pretty good.  I use 8/9/11 because it's the only challenge I have.  Everything else I get with my eyes closed 

Aren't you a pro.   

The fact you know your KD off the top of your head proves you don't think it sucks.  
  • 22. Re: Spy Planes
    TheStigAFC

Zulte wrote:

TheStigAFC wrote:

I have to agree OP i've thought the exact same for quite a long time.  I can keep a constant supply of spyplanes in the air for my team.

In the next game you should only be able to see the enemy if you're the person who called in the spyplane.

That's a good idea and a bad idea at the sametime, because it kinda eliminates the team killstreaks, the killstreaks that help your whole team like a blackblird.

True, but then maybe more people would go for a Blackbird. Maybe have a Blackbird as a 7 killstreak.
    I'd take spy planes out of the game but while there still in i'll keep abusing them. 
  • 23. Re: Ghost isn't OverPowered
    That6uy420p
    Wow, is today our regularly scheduled Complain about Ghost day? I thought that was reserved for Mondays.
  • 24. Re: Ghost isn't OverPowered
    Zulte
    Everyday is the day to troll I assume.
  • 25. Re: Ghost isn't OverPowered
    Zulte
    Bump because i dont know how to bump 
  • 26. Re: Ghost isn't OverPowered
    That6uy420p

Zulte wrote:

Bump because i dont know how to bump 

maybe include a new thought in your post ... bumping just to bump is against forum coc.
  • 27. Re: Ghost isn't OverPowered
    Didn't bother reading it, sorry. But just personally I just think removing ghost and spy planes would be smart, make em work for there ghetto wall hack (Blackbird) and also, move counter spy plane up 1 or 2... sounds a bit right
  • 28. Re: Ghost isn't OverPowered
    TrueTragic
    I don't use Ghost anymore.  Haven't for a while now.  In all honesty, I am much better without it.  Lightweight Pro has taken over the vast majority of my classes in regards to what I use for my Tier 1 Perk.  I believe fall damage is the one thing that is taken most for granted in this game.  Using Lightweight Pro frees up so much more of the map for me.  It is a subtle but an often overlooked Perk.  I even posted a thread a while back claiming it is the best Perk in the game.  I still stand by that.

Anyway, back to Ghost.  It is not overpowered.  It never has been.  In fact, I feel somewhat the opposite about it.  Ghost has become overrated due to the constant spamming of Spy Planes in any given match.  That tells me that there is too much dependency on the mini-map.  But then again, Spy Planes do not give a constant and exact location of the opposition now do they?  Not like a Blackbird anyway.  Spy Planes are only a 2/3 Killstreak depending if a player is using Hardline.  There are plenty of ways of dealing with Spy Planes.  Maybe the best way to deal with Spy Planes is to simply ignore them.  Like I stated in the above paragraph, I use Lightweight Pro almost exclusively and I have performed very well just ignoring them.  Although I feel that may be the best way to deal with Spy Planes, my personal favorite is the use of Decoys.  Some say Decoys are not a direct-counter to Spy Planes.  I somewhat agree.  Although Decoys will not take down an enemy Spy Plane like the Strela, I find them just as effective.  The better players on this game usually will not fall for a Decoy.  They do not have to.  The better players on this game don't really rely on their mini-map and charge after the first red dot they see.  But the beauty of throwing Decoys is that it annoys most of the teams I play against.  Don't forget about other methods such as the Counter-Spy Plane, Jammer and even Spy Planes.

In addition to Ghost not being overpowered, it is far from a necessity.  Ghost is a really limited Perk once you really think about it.  As we all know, Ghost only shines against Spy Planes.  With the upgrade to Ghost Pro, one can also shine against Sentry Guns and Attack Helicopters.  That's all folks.  I would dare say even a Ghost Pro could even die by a Sentry Gun and a Attack Helicopter, although it is a very rare happening.  I've died by an Attack Helicopter once using Ghost Pro.  It was indirect fire due to a teammate using Hardline was running in front of me.  A player can still die by anything else in this game the same.  I really find Ghost Pro users on the snow maps easy targets with the IR Scope.  In my opinion, there is so much more usefulness out of the other Tier 1 Perks, even Hardline.  I have downed Hardline so much in these forums, saying it is just as stupid of a Perk as Second Chance.  But as easy as Spy Planes are to deal with, I have to give Hardline the edge over Ghost in regards to overall usefulness.
  • 29. Re: Ghost isn't OverPowered
    sk33txsh00ta

Ebone Capone wrote:

He has host in nearly every game he posts. Most guys dont even get a shot off. Im sure that they are shooting on their screen though. Dont get me wrong, he's a str8 up beast, but I wanna see how good he is on a 3-bar vs a team of guys that are all on 4 bars and have brains.
1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next