11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2011 1:07 AM by wierd worlds are these RSS

Zombie Mod

techno2k9
Question for all you modders out there.

I have never tried to mod before and before I actually start I wanted to know is it possible to create a mod for the zombies where you don't have to reload the gun so you never run out, of ammo for a gun as I find the zombies boaring now as I prefer to try and last as long as possible with only the pistol.

So before I try it is it possible to do that or is it not as if it's not then I will just have to carry on playing the zombies on world at war.
  • Re: Zombie Mod
    If you examine the weapon settings config for each weapon there is a setting "unlimited ammo" - set that to 1 and recompile. The weapon cfg's will be in the mod.ff
    So, you can have unlimited ammo for every weapon which appears to be perfect for your mod.
    techno2k9

MoGElijah wrote:

If you examine the weapon settings config for each weapon there is a setting "unlimited ammo" - set that to 1 and recompile. The weapon cfg's will be in the mod.ff
    So, you can have unlimited ammo for every weapon which appears to be perfect for your mod.

Excellent Cheer's

Now once the mod is done I understand that I need to send it to my friend's who will also want this but, is there anywhere we can actually post these mod's for others to download or will they download from the 1st person's pc.

I really want to get this working now that we are potentially getting the DLC with nothing but Zombies and it includes the Cod W@W map's as well      for Treyarch they actually did something worth congratulating them about.
    techno2k9
    Ok gone through using the mod tools and modified all the weapon files but there is no option to load a mod so have I done something wrong or can you not create mod's for zombies.
    What do you mean "load a mod"? You can load a mod locally - open your game and click "Mods" then start a server. As far as making a zombie mod - just because you changed some weapon files does not a zombie mod make. Sounds like you have some reading and learning to do.
    @MoGElijah: He is talking about mods for zombies (sp/coop), not a zombie-mod for mp

@techno2k9: The game don't support mods for zombies.
    rj2007
    how do i even get to play zombies on call of duty black ops on pc  i still dont know
    techno2k9

rj2007 wrote:

how do i even get to play zombies on call of duty black ops on pc  i still dont know

You go to the single player menu of the game and then click Zombies and then choose to either play online or solo simple really.
    [EW]TheO'ReilyFactor
    you used to be able to add bind <key> "player_sustainammo 1" to a key in your config and then set it to read only and when hosting a private match you could have unlimited ammo for every gun. I don't know why they would patch that out so i should still work. I still don't know why they patched the console out of SP that was retarded and pissed me off tbh
    techno2k9
    Yeah that use to work along with "sf_use_ignoreammo 1" and now none of them work except for the ones that work on solo only.

It is rather annoying that they took it out hence why I wanted to make a mod to do it, as the mod's wouldn't be eligable for the crappy leaderboards which are always being hacked rendering them useless because you can never tell how good you are, because of all the people that have hacked them.

Typical Treyarch though fix stuff that aint broke and break more thing's each time and make the game worse to play with each patch.

Roll on BF3 and then I can drop this crap and go back to World At War for the Zombies with the custom map's etc.
    TG-Bionic-
    zombies are fun hahaha
    wierd worlds are these

TG-Bionic- wrote:

zombies are fun hahaha

Not any more there not, they use to be but not anymore.