6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2011 8:27 PM by Black_Flops RSS

WHERE'S THE CUSTOM MAP MAKER????

mcduke
Is there ever going to be released - a way to make custom maps??? Apparently they only allowed the mod tools as a tease and figure screw the pc players - they'll have to buy map packs just like the console players. I still play codwaw with a lot of custom maps, and I purchased this game thinking that it was also made by treyarch, so they'll show the same appreciation to the PC plalyers with Black Ops as they did with World At War. I haven't been playing black ops lately and I can't say I miss it much. I'd go back to playing it if they would bring out a way to make custom maps though (I really wanting to try my hand at making one). I don't mind a company making money (and they've made a lot on this game), but treating PC players like console players is just wrong. That's just plain greedy.
  • Re: WHERE'S THE CUSTOM MAP MAKER????
    pileoftumors31
    There was no promises that radiant would be released. It's probably not going to be released. The final version of the mod tools probably won't be released either. With the next COD coming out in a couple months, you probably out of luck.
    A Canadian
    Don't hold your breath. Doubt it will come out at all and besides, they never said they would release it, only the MOD tools. Not really greed per say, probably has more to do with time crunch as they move all their people onto the next development cycle.
    LORD_ARIES
    did they promise the radiant woulde be releasde ? no
    did they say it may be ? yes

supposidly some tech issues to work out first. bs

did they lead every one on about thier looking in to it ? yes

its been a long time since it has been mentioned by any of the treyarch team,its like thier hopeing every one will just forget.

i had faith we woulde get it so i baught game and 3 map packs to go with go with it.now however im pretty sure we are not getting it.
    why? its obviuse,thier now selling a map pack of maps made 2 games ago with 1 new map and i may be wrong but i believe the "moon" map was supposde to be a mw2 map that was cut at the last min. so how can they do this anyway?

thier not given us radiant thier ganna milk this game for everything they can till the next title is releasd so im no longer waiting on it and im done buying cod titles.and no im not getting the "zombie" map pack .
    mcduke
    Well, I won't be buying any future cod games unless they come out with the tools needed to make custom maps. If I wanted a console game I would have bought a console system. I expected more from the a pc game maker then to treat pc players no better then console players.
    I have THE first vid about this game they talked about at EA ,AND they said you Will have Mod tools.And the game and the DLC would put out across all platforms at the same time.Now I have a problem with this its BS.I own a PC but it needs a  Microsoft Windows program to run,Microsoft is the platform as in XBOX.Do we see a law suit.I wish I had the money to push it.Do I see MONOPOLY.Just Respawn and go again.I quest some of us are just plain suckers.Wait till windows 8 comes out and we play Xbox games on our PC .What a RUSH,and the cry babys will come out.
    Black_Flops

EAndrade wrote:

I have THE first vid about this game they talked about at EA ,AND they said you Will have Mod tools.And the game and the DLC would put out across all platforms at the same time.Now I have a problem with this its BS.I own a PC but it needs a  Microsoft Windows program to run,Microsoft is the platform as in XBOX.Do we see a law suit.I wish I had the money to push it.Do I see MONOPOLY.Just Respawn and go again.I quest some of us are just plain suckers.Wait till windows 8 comes out and we play Xbox games on our PC .What a RUSH,and the cry babys will come out.

You do know this isn't an EA product? Right?