6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2011 11:35 PM by liammclovein RSS

To anybody who gets mad at a game, lets talk....

starbuckfrack
Hi
My Name is Starbuck and I rage at the game. It used to start out simple, like when I blame the controller of getting killed on Yars Revenge. Later it turned into an obsession. I had to get all the levels beat until the level counter turned back to level one. I would tell my parents I was too sick to go to school and it would get worse to the point I would squirt lemon juice in my eyes, inhale pepper into my lungs, and jump off the roof just to fake a sickness or injury.

Then a few years after I would find myself bumming quarters off of people and spend 30 minutes setting up the "Galaga Glitch" just to make the enemies no longer fire back. After that I would spend 5 or 6 days playing until the counter rolled over back to level 1. I would not eat or drink and never go to the bathroom. The manager of the arcade would ask me to leave but I would talk him out of it by saying "Once I die I will leave". Joke was on him since the enemy never fired back it would be days before I die. At this point I still do not feel remorse for the owner of the arcade having a heart attack trying to figure out why I wouldnt die in the game.

Then the sky started falling once Xbox Live came out. I would get into raging fits, yelling at my dogs, my wife, my neighbors and anyone else I could blame but myself because the batteries on the controller ran out. Many times I would call Duracell Incorporated and tell them to make a better battery because I was tired of their incompetence to make a battery that ran out of power.

Every video game I died in I would blame whomever but me. I would blame the internet for not being perfect, the programmers for putting in a killstreak that would get me killed. I even one time cursed the Great One Bill gates for me losing my 100th kill in a row. I hear that because of that he has retired feeling guilty over his mistake of me not getting kill number 101 in that game.

Now to all the other ragers in this group I do NOT feel remorse. I feel just like you. I feel a burning RAGE when I get killed. It is NOT MY FAULT I didnt check that person running around the corner ! He should have had bells on his shoes so I could see him coming ! I am tired of the game designers thinking of everyone else but ME !

I say we ALL go down to their company headquarters and show them HOW a game SHOULD BE MADE. We should go down there with a guns and rifles that ARE REAL and fire WITHOUT LAG and show them how our guns fire in the REAL WORLD !!!

WHOS WITH ME !!!!

Im tired from typing too much. You guys go on without me....
  • Re: To anybody who gets mad at a game, lets talk....
    slipy sausage
    Wow, I have met some sad people in my life.
    Im going to email you a medal in the morning. I think you deserve it for your effort.
    starbuckfrack

slipy sausage wrote:

Wow, I have met some sad people in my life.
    Im going to email you a medal in the morning. I think you deserve it for your effort.

I felt like I was on a roll when I was programming something and thinking about the boards here. I have been feeling down all day and decided to make myself laugh. I typed it while my toughts were flowing really well and I was practically laughing at myself. (dementia ?).

So then I thought I would post it for anyone who could use a laugh since the weekend is over

Make sure the medal says "For taking a bullet for President WhatHisName". you know that guy in the Oval Office.
    That was pretty funny, though it'll be far better once all the little 12 year olds roll in and get trolled.... hard. But as far as rage goes, I'm pretty bad tbh, though when playing with others from 4RUM, I keep my rage bottled up, since I'd rather not make everyone else deaf. Though I'm also able to keep from raging when someone else in the party is already at it.... you know who you are  It pretty much keeps me in a good mood when I hear someone else voicing my opinion at an earth-shaking decibel level. Is that twisted?
    ghosthound
    Don't get mad...get even. 
    liammclovein

starbuckfrack wrote:

Hi
    My Name is Starbuck and I rage at the game. It used to start out simple, like when I blame the controller of getting killed on Yars Revenge. Later it turned into an obsession. I had to get all the levels beat until the level counter turned back to level one. I would tell my parents I was too sick to go to school and it would get worse to the point I would squirt lemon juice in my eyes, inhale pepper into my lungs, and jump off the roof just to fake a sickness or injury.

Then a few years after I would find myself bumming quarters off of people and spend 30 minutes setting up the "Galaga Glitch" just to make the enemies no longer fire back. After that I would spend 5 or 6 days playing until the counter rolled over back to level 1. I would not eat or drink and never go to the bathroom. The manager of the arcade would ask me to leave but I would talk him out of it by saying "Once I die I will leave". Joke was on him since the enemy never fired back it would be days before I die. At this point I still do not feel remorse for the owner of the arcade having a heart attack trying to figure out why I wouldnt die in the game.

Then the sky started falling once Xbox Live came out. I would get into raging fits, yelling at my dogs, my wife, my neighbors and anyone else I could blame but myself because the batteries on the controller ran out. Many times I would call Duracell Incorporated and tell them to make a better battery because I was tired of their incompetence to make a battery that ran out of power.

Every video game I died in I would blame whomever but me. I would blame the internet for not being perfect, the programmers for putting in a killstreak that would get me killed. I even one time cursed the Great One Bill gates for me losing my 100th kill in a row. I hear that because of that he has retired feeling guilty over his mistake of me not getting kill number 101 in that game.

Now to all the other ragers in this group I do NOT feel remorse. I feel just like you. I feel a burning RAGE when I get killed. It is NOT MY FAULT I didnt check that person running around the corner ! He should have had bells on his shoes so I could see him coming ! I am tired of the game designers thinking of everyone else but ME !

I say we ALL go down to their company headquarters and show them HOW a game SHOULD BE MADE. We should go down there with a guns and rifles that ARE REAL and fire WITHOUT LAG and show them how our guns fire in the REAL WORLD !!!

WHOS WITH ME !!!!

Im tired from typing too much. You guys go on without me....

Cool story 
    liammclovein

Fell 14043 wrote:

That was pretty funny, though it'll be far better once all the little 12 year olds roll in and get trolled.... hard. But as far as rage goes, I'm pretty bad tbh, though when playing with others from 4RUM, I keep my rage bottled up, since I'd rather not make everyone else deaf. Though I'm also able to keep from raging when someone else in the party is already at it.... you know who you are  It pretty much keeps me in a good mood when I hear someone else voicing my opinion at an earth-shaking decibel level. Is that twisted?

just let it out fell, we have VTi raging pretty hard most of the time  so kind of used to it haha

and you know that you will tend to rage less when running with 4RUM cos your winning, i know im the same, i tend to do a lot better independantly when im running with the EU4M and put up better scores than i would if i was playing the same game mode against the same people.