1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 102 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 10:48 AM by LordCronos Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: If Quickscoping is an exploit.....then why don't you use it?
    asasa

    Jus_call_me_J wrote:

     

    Zero2944 wrote:

     


    wow someone else with a code of ethics, and here I thought my kind were extinct



    Let's not look down on the guys that choose to use so called exploits. Let's just feel good about ourselves for choosing not to?

    I feel quite strongly that I would rather take a beating than cheat or use exploits. It's just the way I was raised as a kid...

    Shiister wrote:

     


    Why does it matter how I use the gun as long as im constient and getting a bunch of kills, while playing the objective?



    While QSing takes a little practice and good reactions it is by far less skilful then consistently drag scoping, or popping people quickly using a FAL or something. If you want to actively seek QS opportunities then that is your prerogative, but to me it looks immature and cheap. I'm not judging you as a person just generalising after seeing and listening to the people that do it a lot...

    Be honest, what is the average age of a QSer in your opinion, above or below the average age of a regular Black Ops player?


    asasa wrote:

     


    Lol wut. How does gun choice matter. You could argue for WA2K/Drag taking more skill, but PSG vs L96? The L96 is completely outclassed by the PSG.



    Not for QSing because you have far more chance of a 1 hit kill with the L9. The PSG will give you a 1 hit kill for a headshot or even a chest/neck shot, but if you hit someone in a limb then it's a 2 shotter ergo not an ideal QSers choice. It takes far more skill to get a 1 shot kill aiming a PSG then QSing an L9...



    while I vastly prefer the PSG to the L96's massive kick. The L96 does have better Multipliers.



    The only difference is that the L96 1HKs to the shoulders.

    Both have Head, Neck, Chest, Waist.

    It takes the least skill to get a 1 shot kill with the PSG. Less sway = easier aiming.
  • 41. Re: If Quickscoping is an exploit.....then why don't you use it?
    creaper21
    I don't even enjoy regular sniping in this game. I can do it, it's easy, but it doesn't seem as fun as it did in the past CoD games. And the really bad hit detection(which is REALLY REALLY noticable with a sniper) is a huge turnoff.
  • 42. Re: If Quickscoping is an exploit.....then why don't you use it?

    asasa wrote:

     


    The only difference is that the L96 1HKs to the shoulders.

    Both have Head, Neck, Chest, Waist.

    It takes the least skill to get a 1 shot kill with the PSG. Less sway = easier aiming.



    That's not true in my experience. An L9 will give you a 1 hit kill from virtually anywhere on an enemy target, where as the PSG will only give you a 1 hit kill if you get an upper body/head shot...

    Your "less sway" argument is completely redundant in a Quickscope discussion because QSers do not have to deal with sway. Also it takes more time and effort to get a kill with a PSG over an L9 because you have to pick your target more carefully...

    The PSG, Druggy, and WA2000 will of course reload faster but that is to balance the power nerf...
  • 43. Re: If Quickscoping is an exploit.....then why don't you use it?
    "Let's not look down on the guys that choose to use so called exploits. Let's just feel good about ourselves for choosing not to?

    I feel quite strongly that I would rather take a beating than cheat or use exploits. It's just the way I was raised as a kid.."


    How can you see all of us little people from such a high horse?  
  • 44. Re: If Quickscoping is an exploit.....then why don't you use it?

    BlksnshN wrote:

     

    "Let's not look down on the guys that choose to use so called exploits. Let's just feel good about ourselves for choosing not to?

    I feel quite strongly that I would rather take a beating than cheat or use exploits. It's just the way I was raised as a kid.."


    How can you see all of us little people from such a high horse?  



    You're judging me because I don't choose the easy way and cheat or use exploits?

    You call yourself a little person...

    I call myself a legit gamer...

    Why don't you try doing it the hard way, or the way that takes more time and effort, it's far more rewarding?
  • 45. Re: If Quickscoping is an exploit.....then why don't you use it?
    Yeah, you're right. I know quick-scoping takes advantage of the assisted aiming, but that's all I know. I can't quick-scope. I wouldn't anyway because that's not my play style. Still, it's damn frustrating to lose a killstreak to someone you didn't see , a grenade, a claymore, or someone you don't see as a legitimate player. Out of game, I understand that quick-scoping is a completely legitimate way to play. In game, I can't stand them. It is an exploit. I'd say successfully harness the power of the assisted-aiming is a strong exploit. Doesn't mean it's bad. Just means you're tapping into the potential of the game. Spawning outside the map is an exploit. It's taking advantage of spawning habits. Hacking the game takes time and money. If you're willing to do that to kill me, well you're a weak player, because I suck. I can just leave the lobby. Learning the quick-scope takes time. It is a good way to play if you can, doesn't mean I like it. I'm not leaving the lobby either. I have to kill you as many times as you kill me.
  • 46. Re: If Quickscoping is an exploit.....then why don't you use it?
    Staind20960

    Vanilla Ice is Gangsta wrote:

     

    I read all these quickscope haters calling it an exploit and saying it is unbalanced and anyone can do it and it takes no skill bla bla bla. My response to you is why don't you do it then?

    In CoD it's always been a known fact that 99.99% of players use the EASIEST methods possible at all times for the life span of the game because nowadays people are terrified to put effort into anything at the risk of less impressive results. So why am I seeing more FAMAS users than L96A1 users? If quickscoping is an exploit then surely it should be the dominant play style in all lobbies since CoD is mainly about using exploits to gain kills in the easiest way, right?

    Don't bring the shotgun argument into it either because you obviously don't know physics.

    Consistent quickscopers = highest skilled players in CoD.



    The idiots keep multiplying around here, it's not skill when the game had to be patched for it to be possible for most players number one. Next, you have a OHK weapon, that works at long range, close range, and medium range with very little effort thanks to the previously mentioned patch, that makes it completely unbalanced. In short, quickscopers are not skilled and are the worst thing to ever happen to COD in general. It also has been proven to be an exploit of gun mechanics.
  • 47. Re: If Quickscoping is an exploit.....then why don't you use it?
    lilsweat

    Vanilla Ice is Gangsta wrote:

     


    Consistent quickscopers = highest skilled players in CoD.


    Ha! Good joke there.
  • 48. Re: If Quickscoping is an exploit.....then why don't you use it?
    puzz
    Lets stay on topic.

    When i talk about quickscoping i like to exclude MW2, wich in my opinion ruined quickscoping.

    Back in the call of duty 4 times, you could pick up an m16 and outgun any other gun. You could also try your luck with M40A3 +acog and "no scope" people. Those who though they where tough actualy tried their luck with the AK47, with recoil management a "skillfull" weapon.
    During the time WaW came out, quickscoping became populair. I trashed WaW because it was a horrible game, so i sticked with COD4.

    I met a bunch of english guys (me, beeing Dutch) and they where pretty into quickscoping. Thats when i tried to pick it up, and guess what!
    With a m16 i used to roll 10 to 20 kill on 5 or less deaths in S&D. With an ak47 i could get the same score. But quickscoping i would get 7 kills and prolly die as many times, when i got better my kills still roughly capped arround 10 kills but my deaths decreased. Quickscoping in COD4 took more skill, period.

    Anyways amazing life story! but in COD4 quickscoping took more skill than using an assault rifle, and noone ever complained about it either. You had to stand still the moment you took a shot, 0.4 seconds to bring up a scope, aline your shot and shoot the moment the crosshair was up. If you missed you where dead. But that was the risk of the game!

    Than in MW2, you could "spray" quickscoping, you did not need to stand still, it was all lame. Than people started to complain. And with blackops and Treyarch saying:" Quickscoping is an exploit of the aim assist..." It was the biggest bullshit i ever heared. Even in MW2 (who i hate for ruining quickscoping) there is no "auto snap onto the target" function when you quickscope, you always gottta aline your shot. It was just 5 times easier now.... The "exploit" is bullshit, we all know it. The haters are happy, the pro's know better.
  • 49. Re: If Quickscoping is an exploit.....then why don't you use it?
    iverbure

    Puzz wrote:

     

    Lets stay on topic.

    When i talk about quickscoping i like to exclude MW2, wich in my opinion ruined quickscoping.

    Back in the call of duty 4 times, you could pick up an m16 and outgun any other gun. You could also try your luck with M40A3 +acog and "no scope" people. Those who though they where tough actualy tried their luck with the AK47, with recoil management a "skillfull" weapon.
    During the time WaW came out, quickscoping became populair. I trashed WaW because it was a horrible game, so i sticked with COD4.

    I met a bunch of english guys (me, beeing Dutch) and they where pretty into quickscoping. Thats when i tried to pick it up, and guess what!
    With a m16 i used to roll 10 to 20 kill on 5 or less deaths in S&D. With an ak47 i could get the same score. But quickscoping i would get 7 kills and prolly die as many times, when i got better my kills still roughly capped arround 10 kills but my deaths decreased. Quickscoping in COD4 took more skill, period.

    Anyways amazing life story! but in COD4 quickscoping took more skill than using an assault rifle, and noone ever complained about it either. You had to stand still the moment you took a shot, 0.4 seconds to bring up a scope, aline your shot and shoot the moment the crosshair was up. If you missed you where dead. But that was the risk of the game!

    Than in MW2, you could "spray" quickscoping, you did not need to stand still, it was all lame. Than people started to complain. And with blackops and Treyarch saying:" Quickscoping is an exploit of the aim assist..." It was the biggest bullshit i ever heared. Even in MW2 (who i hate for ruining quickscoping) there is no "auto snap onto the target" function when you quickscope, you always gottta aline your shot. It was just 5 times easier now.... The "exploit" is bullshit, we all know it. The haters are happy, the pro's know better.




    I welcome anyone who is sick of getting quick scoped to play hardcore, i also welcome anyone who thinks they are good at QS to come play hardcore and than think your good.
1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next