36 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2011 12:35 AM by Arontala RSS

sick of playing with foreigners

homiedontplaythat
I live in the biggest state in the U.S., there is a hundred thousand playing tdm, and I can't get into a lobby with ten or so people around my area,or state? Yet I'm always playing with people from Brazil,Peru or Canada. Can  you guys at Treyarch not tighten up the radius on locale only? I know you guys are busy grinding out map packs trying to milk this crap pile of a game to the end, but c'mon, check and see how the games running now evry once and awhile
  • Re: sick of playing with foreigners
    CHRISTIAN GARCIA"55
    Not that many people live in Alaska so thats why you get matched with those people
    Lancecasual
    Or you could just play to have fun.

homiedontplaythat wrote:

I live in the biggest state in the U.S., there is a hundred thousand playing tdm, and I can't get into a lobby with ten or so people around my area,or state? Yet I'm always playing with people from Brazil,Peru or Canada. Can  you guys at Treyarch not tighten up the radius on locale only? I know you guys are busy grinding out map packs trying to milk this crap pile of a game to the end, but c'mon, check and see how the games running now evry once and awhile

lmao....agree 100 per cent
    abelgpwnsyou(BMF*)

homiedontplaythat wrote:

you, racist? you have problems with the mexicans pendejo!? belgians?
    if you are always playing with foreigners, doesn't that make you the foreigner in a locale game?
    CHRISTIAN GARCIA"55

Hit_em wrote:

if you are always playing with foreigners, doesn't that make you the foreigner in a locale game?

Haha so true
    tobypace

Sad.
    FeralSoul
    Hey! what do you have against Canadians? We Canadians have to put up with you Americans and we don't ***** about it.
    Stop griping about foreigners and get an education.

FeralSoul wrote:

Hey! what do you have against Canadians? We Canadians have to put up with you Americans and we don't ***** about it.
    Stop griping about foreigners and get an education.

Maybe he just wants to play with the least amount of lag possible, where does he say he has something against foreigners? I don't want to play with Americans even though I'm American because of excess lag but I guess that means I have a problem with them... 
    yodagamer
    I am SO sick of playing with Alaskans!!!! lol.

jk
    if its such a crap game then why you playing it kid
    onison2
    Change it to Default? I don't have a problem at all with default. Just occasional successful Host Migrations. I tried Locale Only it was Laggy as hell.

Cod_master94 wrote:

Black Ops isnt a crappy game
    MEMELAss
    im so sick of playing with africans

MEMELAss wrote:

im so sick of playing with africans

Thats kind of racist dude

homiedontplaythat wrote:

I am sorry, but, Locale only works if the whole of the Black Ops community uses it at the same time.
    leviathantm
    thank GOD someone posted this!!
    Im ABSOLUTELY sick and tired of getting into a lobby and half of them are speaking gibberish. We get into a game and then they all start to do the following:
    Camp and yell out gibberish then laugh hysterically
    Noobtube because we ALL know thats the only thing they are good at
    Run around with lightweight and Marathon because they dont know how to shoot.

It would be one thing if only 1-2 people did this but when I get into a lobby and the group as a whole ALL start doing this it makes me absolutely livid.
    Tokyomarc

LeviathanTM wrote:

thank GOD someone posted this!!
    Im ABSOLUTELY sick and tired of getting into a lobby and half of them are speaking gibberish. We get into a game and then they all start to do the following:
    Camp and yell out gibberish then laugh hysterically
    Noobtube because we ALL know thats the only thing they are good at
    Run around with lightweight and Marathon because they dont know how to shoot.

It would be one thing if only 1-2 people did this but when I get into a lobby and the group as a whole ALL start doing this it makes me absolutely livid.

The politically correct way to state OPs concern is that he wants to be matched up with people in his region for optimum connection.

Yes, if everyone chose locale only, then it wouldn`t be a problem. I do, and 90% of the time during peak hours I play with people nearby. Problem solved.
    However, occasionally, a group of US guys get thrown into my game and then complain about the lag. Seriously? You joined our game.

In regards to Leviathan`s comment, whilst I am from the US, I must admit that US players are the most obnoxious players out there. Screaming as loud as humanly possible, racist remarks (even against other US players), starting verbal arguments, accusing everyone of hacking and just general whining.
    rlbl

anthos77 wrote:

homiedontplaythat wrote:

I am sorry, but, Locale only works if the whole of the Black Ops community uses it at the same time.

Woe I never thought about that before. You may choose locale only, and get matched with a host in your locale... but that does not mean that the host had their options set to locale only...

lol LOCALE ONLY failure!!!! (well maybe not a fail, but a failure in our understanding of what actually happens!)
    strigoimuzik
    I think one of the coolest things of online gaming is that you CAN play with people all over the world.

If the OP doesnt get this then just make a LAN party and play with your little friends.

People dont speak Gibberish as you state. If you knew other languages im sure you would understand what theyre saying.
    crossfire-roadster

strigoimuzik wrote:

I think one of the coolest things of online gaming is that you CAN play with people all over the world.

If the OP doesnt get this then just make a LAN party and play with your little friends.

People dont speak Gibberish as you state. If you knew other languages im sure you would understand what theyre saying.

I took spanish in high school 25 years ago and could speak it pretty good at that time, but I couldn't carry on a conversation today.

The problem with foreign lobbies is the lag and I'm sure that is what the OP was referring to. I have tried all three setting default, local and locale only and they all seem to put me in foreign lobbies quite a bit.

I love visiting Puerto Rico.  Been there a few times.

homiedontplaythat wrote:

I 100% agree with you patch the foreigners ! 

Cod_master94 wrote:

Cod_master94 wrote:

Black Ops isnt a crappy game

Talk to yourself much? lol 
    Wess-L
    i really dont mind with playing with people from other country's. why are americans such ignorants and nationalists? its not gibberish its some1 else's language.
    as long as my connection is good i couldn care less. i even play with a group of italians i dont really understand but they can speak a bit of english and we have fun with our lack of good communication.
    Jmar0824

Wess-L wrote:

i really dont mind with playing with people from other country's. why are americans such ignorants and nationalists? its not gibberish its some1 else's language.
    as long as my connection is good i couldn care less. i even play with a group of italians i dont really understand but they can speak a bit of english and we have fun with our lack of good communication.

its easier for people in europe to play together from different countries bc your closer together... ever think of that? in order for us to play we have to go across oceans... us playing with canada and mexico is the same as england playing wish sweden players...
    Wess-L
    us is as big as europe so finding player shouldn be that hard.
    also canada is right above you guys and they also speak almost the same language.
    we dont have that @ europe every country has a different language. its actually even harder to find people from your own country here.
    only thing i care about when im playing is the lag.
    if people have mic mute them its that easy.
    SDB-Gods_H8

Jmar0824 wrote:

Wess-L wrote:

its easier for people in europe to play together from different countries bc your closer together... ever think of that? in order for us to play we have to go across oceans... us playing with canada and mexico is the same as england playing wish sweden players...

i have a theory:
    right now im living is spain and i noticed that when i play against players that are from France,Italy,Germany and even England i get a 3 - 4 bar connection. and this is when i play solo.

but i noticed that it all depends who is hosting the party, for example: i have a friend who lives in USA: Texas and each time i join his party and play a game i always have a 1 - 2 bar connection.

another example: i have another friend who lives in USA: Washington, DC and each time i join his party and play a game i always have a 2 - 3 bar connection.

now this is where it all gets interesting i met a guy who is from EUR: Denmark and each time i join his party and play a game i always have a 3 - 4 bar connection. that is why i always like to party up with this guy he gives me good connections all the time

now my suggestion for you guys that are getting bad connections all the time, how about trying to party up with people from another state that you get good connections with for example. lets say you live in California you don't want to join someones party who is from Florida xD,  what you want is to join is someones party who is from Idaho or Arizona or Colorado to get good connections hope you get what im trying to say.
    Tokyomarc

SDB-Gods_H8 wrote:

Jmar0824 wrote:

Wess-L wrote:

i have a theory:
    right now im living is spain and i noticed that when i play against players that are from France,Italy,Germany and even England i get a 3 - 4 bar connection. and this is when i play solo.

but i noticed that it all depends who is hosting the party, for example: i have a friend who lives in USA: Texas and each time i join his party and play a game i always have a 1 - 2 bar connection.

another example: i have another friend who lives in USA: Washington, DC and each time i join his party and play a game i always have a 2 - 3 bar connection.

now this is where it all gets interesting i met a guy who is from EUR: Denmark and each time i join his party and play a game i always have a 3 - 4 bar connection. that is why i always like to party up with this guy he gives me good connections all the time

now my suggestion for you guys that are getting bad connections all the time, how about trying to party up with people from another state that you get good connections with for example. lets say you live in California you don't want to join someones party who is from Florida xD,  what you want is to join is someones party who is from Idaho or Arizona or Colorado to get good connections hope you get what im trying to say.

Very good example. I pointed out some months ago that also your location setting for your account makes a difference about whom you will play with. I live in Japan, but have a US account and when I play that I will play US games only, using Locale Only. Thus, make sure to use your real location and also try to party up with friends nearby.
    SDB-Gods_H8

Tokyomarc wrote:

SDB-Gods_H8 wrote:

Jmar0824 wrote:

i have a theory:

Very good example. I pointed out some months ago that also your location setting for your account makes a difference about whom you will play with. I live in Japan, but have a US account and when I play that I will play US games only, using Locale Only. Thus, make sure to use your real location and also try to party up with friends nearby.

The part that you talk about the accounts I think its not true mate..
    The account that im using is from the usa not from my location that is spain.
    icc80012

Lancecasual wrote:

uh ... how fun is it when u have 2 bars all the time? lag like crazy? hit detection making ur character 5 feet wide? questionable headshots when aiming at the torso or even the legs? constant famas kills in the kill-feed? no REAL updates with these patches?

u know what would be fun, if u think before u post.
    Tokyomarc

SDB-Gods_H8 wrote:

Tokyomarc wrote:

The part that you talk about the accounts I think its not true mate..
    The account that im using is from the usa not from my location that is spain.

[/quote]

Maybe they changed it, but as of March-May it was accurate. Trust me.
    all_blood

homiedontplaythat wrote:

ah i have had this for almost 5 days straight so i started using an accent of my own. (for ppl who have played with me while i was ussing the accent i thought it was funny) besides the point have fun with it.

Jmar0824 wrote:

Wess-L wrote:

You are aware that Canada is attached to the US right? You don't have to cross any oceans to get there. I live only a couple hours drive from the US and very close to the most heavily populated part of the COD map. Canada also tends to have much better than the vast majority of the US. The problem is with the horrific match making in this game. It should match up by ping and not simply location. Even if you live in the north eastern part of the us and connect to somebody in the south west you are going to have a ton of lag. Much more lag than if I connected to somebody in New York even though I am from Canada.

Is it really that hard for Treyarch to man the **** up and change the match making to search by ping and not location? Is it really that hard to accept that they ****** up in the first place? I will never buy anything affiliated with Treyarch again because of this nonsense.
    tharads
    check this out, so this happens way more than one time. ok, so i do local only search, join a lobby, ask the people with 2 questions. 1. where do they live? 2. what search did u use? so im in the us, and they say they're in peru, mexico, and ireland! btw i use translators lol. also, they all used the default setting for their search. again, this happens hundreds of times. treyarch obviously just put a variety of different search settings just to think they added more things, but they're lying.
    JKS61595
    just leave
    Arontala

Lancecasual wrote:

What.... the ****? No, really, what the ****? Not only is this ad hominem, it's utterly nonsensical.

OT: Whilst you could have worded it a bit better, I agree with you. I'm tired of joining a match, only to immediately hear several Mexicans speaking in Spanish. It's just not good matchmaking when I'm playing with people who live in Mexico, whilst I'm in Canada. I'm aware that there are people who still can provide excellent connections using the P2P system, even WITH massive distances, ( I had a friend from Japan that I played with on MW2 ) but this is rarely the case.