4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2011 9:49 AM by lvheretic RSS

Suggestions

LonelyPumpkin
Just a couple of suggestions for splitscreen and combat training (yes Treyarch people do actually have friends to play in the same room with them)

Let people level up separately in split screen mode. It didn't make sense to level up before you added bots to splitscreen, but now there are more than three people to shoot, levelling up should be back.

The prestige mode in combat training was abused, and your idea of a fix was to get rid of it. Either fix it and bring it back, or let people build all 10 custom classes from the outset.

Just something I noticed: Maybe make a 'one kit kill' section for weapons in the coding. The ballistic knife is set at a certain damage which results in a one hit kill, but the damage also applies to aircraft. I shot down an attack helicopter with five ballistic knives and no bullets. Also, the knives fall to the earth after hitting the helicopter and can be recovered.

Just a thought.
  • Re: Suggestions
    ball ache2008
    Honestly, like really honestly. In the lifetime of the product i can't see any of these changes affecting even 1% of the user base and with that sort of impact it just would not be worth spending the time doing i don't think. I really do not see much of a benefit to doing this compared to other things they could be working on instead. Sorry.

LonelyPumpkin wrote:

Just a couple of suggestions for splitscreen and combat training (yes Treyarch people do actually have friends to play in the same room with them)

Let people level up separately in split screen mode. It didn't make sense to level up before you added bots to splitscreen, but now there are more than three people to shoot, levelling up should be back.

The prestige mode in combat training was abused, and your idea of a fix was to get rid of it. Either fix it and bring it back, or let people build all 10 custom classes from the outset.

Just something I noticed: Maybe make a 'one kit kill' section for weapons in the coding. The ballistic knife is set at a certain damage which results in a one hit kill, but the damage also applies to aircraft. I shot down an attack helicopter with five ballistic knives and no bullets. Also, the knives fall to the earth after hitting the helicopter and can be recovered.

Just a thought.

There was NEVER a prestige option in combat training. It was/is a glitch that pathetic little 10 year olds used to gain gold guns in multiplayer, and to get to 16th prestige. Both of those have been patched now.
    ball ache2008
    Actually Fell there was. It was even advertised during the hype train pre-release. However shortly into the game the exploit was found and then there was little way to stop it without removing the prestiging option in combat training full stop. Some things i guess are very complicated to patch without changing other areas too much i guess.
    How about being able to choose which map group you want to play? They make it available when they have a new map set but only for those new maps....as the maps keep expanding, your odds of playing one you want go down and if you can only play for a short time you  may not get to play the maps you wanted...