17 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2011 11:53 AM by =GoMg=DreadBone RSS

A special thank you to the bad admins

I just wanted to give a special thank you to all the server admins who abuse their power and kick anyone who does better than they do. It is exclusively because of people like you why they are removing dedicated servers and going back to the party system for MW3.

I have owned this game since day one... and have been banned from more servers in BO than in all the online games I have ever played combined. 

I have been banned from over 100 servers for hacking... and have never hacked any game.

I have been banned from at least 30 servers for spawncamping... and I hate spawncampers and would never sink so low.

I have been banned for using second chance... when it isn't even equipped on ANY of my classes.

I have been banned for not playing the objective.... when I have more captures and defends than my entire team combined.

I was even banned once for having 9 kills and 2 deaths and that being a kdr that was "too high" (<--pretty pathetic admin here)

Hell I was just banned from a new server 10 minutes ago for spawncamping the enemy... Pretty impressive if you ask me considering I was sitting in OUR spawn defending our flag....

So just remember when MW3 comes out and you all are whining, complaining, and raging at the developers, just remember that  you have nobody to thank but yourselves.

Kudos to the good server admins out there (RoC and AR to name two)  who don't kick unless it's really necessary. If more admins were like you instead of these little ban happy kiddies we might have dedicated servers for MW3.
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins
    ADW {KAN}
    I think you will find MW3 will have dedicated servers 


    Yes! Modern Warfare 3 on PC will support dedicated servers, day 1. You can fav or admin your own to control setup, rules, bans.



    http://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/status/103858062640693248
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins
    Dude, it happens with every game that has dedicated servers. I'd still rather deal with bad admins than p2p servers.

    MW3 can have dedicated servers from day 1, and promise mod and map tool, it isn't changing my mind about this stale series.
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins

    BigFeet13 wrote:

     

    Dude, it happens with every game that has dedicated servers. I'd still rather deal with bad admins than p2p servers.

    MW3 can have dedicated servers from day 1, and promise mod and map tool, it isn't changing my mind about this stale series.




    Yes it does happen with every other game... but nowhere even remotely near to the same extent.  (Most likely due to the killstreaks in CoD and everyone's obsession with getting them)     
    Not to mention that no other fps game has servers with so many ridiculous rules. I've seen servers with the most insane rules you can imagine. If it's a perk, weapon, or equipment in the game there is a server out there restricting or banning it's use. From common rules like no noob tubes and no 2nd chance, to insane rules like no UAV's, no flak jacket, no motion sensor, no ballistic knife, must crouch at all times, no dual wielding, no sr71's, no helicopters. (I even found a server once that had a 'no aiming down sights' rule)

    I have played fps shooters online since the original Battlefield 2, and until Black Ops I had probably been banned from 5-10 servers total (This covers at least 10+ different online shooters over the years.)  Within the first two weeks of BO I had been banned from a dozen servers, almost all of them for hacking.

    Bottom line, server admins in CoD games should NOT have the ability to kick/ban anyone they want to in RANKED servers. (Should be vote based for kicks/bans in ranked games)  It doesn't matter if they paid for the server, too many people are abusing it. An admin wrongly kicking/banning someone who kills them is the same as someone who buys a wallhack or aimbot.
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins
    Your welcome! Don't worry my clan will not be running a MW3 server, so you are welcome to have at it there (I do believe that MW3 will also have dedicated servers also).

    It is unfourtunate that you have run into some bad server admins, maybe you should have taken that up with the people running the server and not here.
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins

    xCRAZY MOFOx wrote:

     

    Bottom line, server admins in CoD games should NOT have the ability to kick/ban anyone they want to in RANKED servers. (Should be vote based for kicks/bans in ranked games)  It doesn't matter if they paid for the server, too many people are abusing it. An admin wrongly kicking/banning someone who kills them is the same as someone who buys a wallhack or aimbot.



    Wrong, and has been said already Mw3 will have dedicated servers.  Thank goodness for that because I fired up Mw2 yesterday because I'm bored of Black Ops, and guess what?   It's still the massive lag/latency fest it always was.
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins
    p00n

    kawz wrote:

     

    xCRAZY MOFOx wrote:

     

    Bottom line, server admins in CoD games should NOT have the ability to kick/ban anyone they want to in RANKED servers. (Should be vote based for kicks/bans in ranked games)  It doesn't matter if they paid for the server, too many people are abusing it. An admin wrongly kicking/banning someone who kills them is the same as someone who buys a wallhack or aimbot.



    Wrong, and has been said already Mw3 will have dedicated servers.  Thank goodness for that because I fired up Mw2 yesterday because I'm bored of Black Ops, and guess what?   It's still the massive lag/latency fest it always was.



    Amen to that! MW2 is a laggy, but polished turd.
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins
    techno2k9
    Well I will be getting MW3 and thankfully I will have the abillity to kick/ban people and also I am glad it is using Dedicated servers instead of a system that is as bad as IWnet although it runs perfectly fine for me never, really get any lag or host migration failed etc.

    There are a few thing's that my Black Op's server doesn't allow and that is Second Chance and all Helicopter's and that is because my clan does not like, Second Chance because we have a clan member who is almost blind and they don't like the Helicopters because I always get all of them quite easily when playing, with my clan mates and just destroy them.

    I hate noobtubes but they are allowed on my server because most of my clan like them so the majority wins.

    If you don't like the rules of a server find another, if you get banned from servers for hacking then find another server and if you don't like the fact that anyone who run's a server can set there own rules etc and kick and ban who they see fit to then don't play the game or play on a Treyarch server infested with aimbotters.
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins
    homestyle

    xCRAZY MOFOx wrote:

     

    BigFeet13 wrote:

     

    Dude, it happens with every game that has dedicated servers. I'd still rather deal with bad admins than p2p servers.

    MW3 can have dedicated servers from day 1, and promise mod and map tool, it isn't changing my mind about this stale series.




    Yes it does happen with every other game... but nowhere even remotely near to the same extent.  (Most likely due to the killstreaks in CoD and everyone's obsession with getting them)     
    Not to mention that no other fps game has servers with so many ridiculous rules. I've seen servers with the most insane rules you can imagine. If it's a perk, weapon, or equipment in the game there is a server out there restricting or banning it's use. From common rules like no noob tubes and no 2nd chance, to insane rules like no UAV's, no flak jacket, no motion sensor, no ballistic knife, must crouch at all times, no dual wielding, no sr71's, no helicopters. (I even found a server once that had a 'no aiming down sights' rule)

    I have played fps shooters online since the original Battlefield 2, and until Black Ops I had probably been banned from 5-10 servers total (This covers at least 10+ different online shooters over the years.)  Within the first two weeks of BO I had been banned from a dozen servers, almost all of them for hacking.

    Bottom line, server admins in CoD games should NOT have the ability to kick/ban anyone they want to in RANKED servers. (Should be vote based for kicks/bans in ranked games)  It doesn't matter if they paid for the server, too many people are abusing it. An admin wrongly kicking/banning someone who kills them is the same as someone who buys a wallhack or aimbot.



    Vote banning is not the right way.

    I've been on servers just mowing people down and everybody is mad, but the admin knows I'm not hacking and does nothing about it.

    With all these bans you claim, 1 of them must have a website and forum for you to appeal a ban. Link those threads where you appeal a ban.
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins

    Vote banning is not the right way.

    I've been on servers just mowing people down and everybody is mad, but the admin knows I'm not hacking and does nothing about it.

    With all these bans you claim, 1 of them must have a website and forum for you to appeal a ban. Link those threads where you appeal a ban.



    Agreed, vote banning is abused more.

    You must have been on my clan server, we do not ban if someone is doing well... we check them out, but not ban them unless they are cheating.

    He cannot be bothered to actually contact the admins of their server, it is easier to think that those admins actually read this forum over their own.

    I am actually looking forward to MW3 coming out, most of the cheaters will move on to that game, and watch as the forums go bonkers with people that cannot find a decent server. Some of you people think it is bad now, just wait, it does get much worse.
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins
    HooRaHkillsyou

    DBD_LOBO wrote:

     

    Vote banning is not the right way.

    I've been on servers just mowing people down and everybody is mad, but the admin knows I'm not hacking and does nothing about it.

    With all these bans you claim, 1 of them must have a website and forum for you to appeal a ban. Link those threads where you appeal a ban.



    Agreed, vote banning is abused more.

    You must have been on my clan server, we do not ban if someone is doing well... we check them out, but not ban them unless they are cheating.

    He cannot be bothered to actually contact the admins of their server, it is easier to think that those admins actually read this forum over their own.

    I am actually looking forward to MW3 coming out, most of the cheaters will move on to that game, and watch as the forums go bonkers with people that cannot find a decent server. Some of you people think it is bad now, just wait, it does get much worse.



    Same here LOBO

    Most of our bans are from people who cannot follow the only rule on our server...Watch the language!
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins
    It is called black tomato, and it will auto kick for foul language. save the admin time of doing this.
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins
    radical_53
    It's quite sad to know that the situation will get worse once MW3 hits the shelves. How many of the servers listed right now will drop out?
    Most of the kid admins should've already left this game anyhow, short attention span ftw...  
    Guess it would be too much to ask if they came up with dedicated server packages like they'll have in MW3 and had min MW1 / WaW.
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins
    Xjaws
    Some of you might not know but MW3 will have COD4 style dedi servers which means that everyone can host a server FOR FREE!
    But 1 thing i dont know is , will the voting kick/ban system return ? cuz if it does it will get really ugly in MW3 .....
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins
    HooRaHkillsyou
    Voting is the worst thing you can have, it is the first thing to get abused and thats why its the first thing we turn off.
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins
    Reaper4876

    Xjaws wrote:

     

    Some of you might not know but MW3 will have COD4 style dedi servers which means that everyone can host a server FOR FREE!



    No one is going to play on a server that some is hosting on thier own computer for obvious reasons.

    If the claim is true that MW3 will have dedicated servers then people will still need to rent servers from server companies if you want a decent multiplayer gaming experience like in COD4
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins

    Reaper4876 wrote:

     

    Xjaws wrote:

     

    Some of you might not know but MW3 will have COD4 style dedi servers which means that everyone can host a server FOR FREE!



    No one is going to play on a server that some is hosting on thier own computer for obvious reasons.

    If the claim is true that MW3 will have dedicated servers then people will still need to rent servers from server companies if you want a decent multiplayer gaming experience like in COD4



    It is more than just Dedicated servers that PC gamers want... Or better yet I sould say; Nothing good comes from a dedicated server if you cannot create maps and mods. I am not going to be too surprised come MW3, when it sells well on console, but not so many on PC.
  • Re: A special thank you to the bad admins
    =GoMg=DreadBone
    Well All I can say Mofo is that if you do not like going into People servers and play the way they set them up,  you can set your own up for about $15 a month.  Then you can run it the way you want.  My clan has one and we don't allow 2nd chance or the china lake, because that's how we like it.  We also will kick you for bunny hopping as well, again because we pay and maintain it, so we play the way we want.


    We also have the Black Tomato running so for most infractions, it will warn and kick by itself...  

    Just my 2 cents as I have never played in the same server as you, or can attest to your play style.