11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2013 7:00 PM by threerulecreed RSS

Is there a possibility of a ban appeal?

RebellionKid
I am a very dedicated member of the Black Ops online community. My GT "RebellionKid" is 8th prestige (I missed all of the double xp weekends). I was banned from editing my playercard shortly after I got the game. I saw a nazi flag emblem and thought it would look cool as my emblem. Boy was I wrong, I wasn't aware that it would be found offensive, so I had it for quite some time. I was banned permanently without any sort of warning, considering I am not racist in any way and did not mean to offend anyone and would not have done it in the first place. I would really appreciate the ban being removed, and to give me the second chance that I never recieved. Some players recieve a 2 week ban, I was given a permanent ban. I just want to have my own custom made emblem (Non offensive of course), aswell as the 15th prestige playercard background when I reach that level.

Yours truly,
RebellionKid
  • Re: Is there a possibility of a ban appeal?
    Crotch_hands

RebellionKid wrote:

I saw a nazi flag emblem and thought it would look cool as my emblem. Boy was I wrong, I wasn't aware that it would be found offensive, so I had it for quite some time.

You have got to be kidding me, this is a joke right?
    Maybe we should send you to camp, have some people haze you by farting in your face in the showers, then play the guessing game to decide whether we should play paintball practice on you or have a fire building contest. I bet you end up finding that offensive.
    starbuckfrack

RebellionKid wrote:

I am a very dedicated member of the Black Ops online community. My GT "RebellionKid" is 8th prestige (I missed all of the double xp weekends). I was banned from editing my playercard shortly after I got the game. I saw a nazi flag emblem and thought it would look cool as my emblem. Boy was I wrong, I wasn't aware that it would be found offensive, so I had it for quite some time. I was banned permanently without any sort of warning, considering I am not racist in any way and did not mean to offend anyone and would not have done it in the first place. I would really appreciate the ban being removed, and to give me the second chance that I never recieved. Some players recieve a 2 week ban, I was given a permanent ban. I just want to have my own custom made emblem (Non offensive of course), aswell as the 15th prestige playercard background when I reach that level.

Yours truly,
    RebellionKid

You FIRST warning was the one given to you when you made your gamertag. It was called the Code of Conduct and the Terms of Use. It was AGREED to you when you clicked YES on the Xbox 360 by Microsoft.

For you to make a horrifically racist emblem such as that without any concern for any other person in the world just shows the type of person you are and SHOULD be banned from Xbox Live forever.

At least you admit you made a mistake so now you are equal
    starbuckfrack

The Hill wrote:

Maybe we should send you to camp, have some people haze you by farting in your face in the showers, then play the guessing game to decide whether we should play paintball practice on you or have a fire building contest. I bet you end up finding that offensive.

I think he should concentrate on having some sensitivity

Oh wait, I worded that wrong.
    rankismet

RebellionKid wrote:

Yours truly,
    RebellionKid

Sure... but only if you ask very, very nice.

... and once they do that...

... the sync issues will go away, too.
    That6uy420p

RebellionKid wrote:

Yours truly,
    RebellionKid

you didn't think the NAZI flag emblem would be offensive?  A group that committed mass genocide of one group of people and even others as they saw fit....  REALLY?
    ... you didn't think the Nazi flag as your emblem would be found offensive?
    Screw it,I'm not going to bother saying why it's offensive,it's not like you'll learn anything...oh wait...

*reads OP again*
    RonaldMc
    How could it not be offensive???  Another one of life buffoons 
    iif0xh0undii
    Answer: "No."

Please refer to the Black Ops Security & Enforcement Policy:

Security & Enforcement Policy wrote:

Hey Black Ops Community –

Treyarch is committed to providing all gamers with the best online experience possible, and that means maintaining the game’s integrity. We have a zero tolerance policy against exploitation, and this is to protect the many gamers who go online to compete and have legitimate fun. Below is a brief outline of our security and enforcement policy which will remain posted and will get updated here.

The team at Treyarch has worked very hard to create a fun, competitive online environment, and we want to keep this environment clean so that the game can be played as it was intended. Users who abuse the game through modding, boosting, glitching or making offensive emblems degrade the online experience for others, and we will take action to prevent this from happening.

Bans cannot be appealed.

Keep it clean. Play nice. Have fun.

Thanks
    - Team Treyarch

CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS - SECURITY & ENFORCEMENT POLICY

Modding
    Users who have modified their hardware and have run hacked script or code. This includes modifying profile data to use illegal characters in a player’s name.

• • Instant permaban. You will no longer be allowed to play the game online. Console users who modify their hardware or profile data will also be reported to the console manufacturers.

Boosting
    Users who organize to exploit the game for the explicit purpose of ranking up very quickly or to appear in a high position on the leaderboards.

• •     Minor offense: Temp ban, complete stats reset, leaderboard entries removed once
    • •     Major offense: Temp ban, complete stats reset, permanent ban from appearing on the leaderboards
    • •     Extreme or repeat offenses: Permaban from playing the game online

Glitching
    Users who go out of their way to exploit the game to grief other players. An example would be going outside of the map’s clearly defined playable boundary.

• •     Minor offense: Temp ban from playing the game online
    • •     Major offense: Extended temp ban from playing the game online

Unsupported Peripheral Devices
    Users who utilize a hardware device / peripheral that is not officially licensed or otherwise supported by console manufacturers which gives a player an unfair advantage over opponents. This includes, but is not limited to, modded controllers.

• •     Minor offense: Temp ban from playing the game online
    • •     Major offense: Extended temp ban from playing the game online, complete stats reset

Offensive Emblems
    Users who create emblems that are sexually gratuitous or racially offensive.

• •     Minor offense: 2-week ban from using the emblem editor, emblem reset to default, emblem purchases wiped
    • •     Major offense: Permanent ban from using the emblem editor

Pirating
    Any user who illegally acquires Call of Duty: Black Ops content will receive an instant permaban from playing the game online and will be reported to the console manufacturers.

You may view the actual Black Ops Security & Enforcement Policy at the following link:
    http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=341470[/code:q00vijip]

In accordance with section 9 of the Code of Conduct your thread will now be locked, please do not recreate it:

Code of Conduct wrote:

9. NO ONLINE GAME BAN APPEALING: Players may be banned from using in-game features / functionality for varying durations of time for violating the posted Security & Enforcement Policy. All bans are the result of a review process in which direct evidence is gathered prior to action being taken. Bans are not subject to appeal. As such, topics/posts created to discuss the merit of an ONLINE Call of Duty game ban, or the alleged innocence of a banned player, is considered a form of spam and is prohibited.

You may view the actual Code of Conduct at the following link:
    [code:q00vijip]http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=388054

threerulecreed

Yeah, I got banned for making one of those Nazi flag emblems cause I thought it looked badass. nothing against the jewish community of course. but I believe the American constitution states that Americans have the right to freedom of speech and belief. does it not? besides if you people actually look up the facts the swastika before it was used by the Nazis as a symbol for hate it was used as a symbol for luck. still used in the Turkic religion as a religious symbol. and the word Swastika actually translates out to "It is good". so whether he used it as a racist thing or strictly cause he thought it looked cool. I believe that he and I should be given a second chance based on the facts. My GT is "threerulecreed" if you want any more information on the subject.