16 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2011 12:59 AM by fighterjet7008 RSS

To all the regulars and to the Mods.

starbuckfrack
Please read fully to get the basic idea of my post..

I just went to check the detail on amazon about my order for Star wars on Blu-Ray. What was kind of nice was I got 20 bucks off my next purchase 2 weeks ago when I pre-ordered Madden 12, the day before release Nice. Then the price went down 10 dollars for no reason, even more nice. So I got the whole 9 disk Blu Ray set for 59 dollars and that was a GREAT bargain.

Then the negative part came in and I  started reading the reviews I started to notice a pattern. Lucas made some changes, no big deal because its his movies. But what got to me was the amount of whiners and complainers who "got forced into buying the Blu ray set even though with what Lucas puts in there sucks". Things they said that sucked because Vaders lightsaber was red and then purple in the same scene, etc. Sound familiar ?

So I made a decision. I already try to keep a good attitude and throw negativity out the window to keep a happy life. But reading this board throws to many negative people into my day. People who mostly cry for the same reason. The game they paid 60 dollars for and it isnt exactly what THEY want. I am not talking about the lag, internet, whatever. I am talking about the people who cry over a certain perk, or a certain gun when they have the chance to have the same thing. I dont need those children crying underfoot especially when my career is starting to really swing.

Some of the people here have been real adult, even the people who disagree on their opinions and I thank you for taking the time to discuss or veiws, epsecially as an adult.

So I just wanted to say Thanks to everyone who pitched in to make this forum an enjoyable discussion group. Including the ones who majorly disagreed.

And thanks to Mattks and Foxhound and that other guy who I rarely see. All you guys at Activision have done great for the game to me even if sometime you were dealt a bad hand. Thats the way it is in the Corporate World.

Good bye and good luck to you all. See you on Xbox Live.
  • Re: To all the regulars and to the Mods.
    maccabi
    first off the "other guy" is codblack1ce he is more ninja like in his approach to modding so you only know hes been usually when something dissapears.

onto your main point  so (expletive deleted) treyarch they made guido (expletive deleted) shoot first and are the reason james earl rays voice was dubbed over well (expletive deleted) that im preordering *insert non cod fps here *now as they suck at bluray editions.
    Unfortunately, the people that are disappointed with the game or just wanting to b*tch see this as the appropriate place to do so. People that enjoy the game aren't going to be posting here about how much they like it (for the most part). They're busy playing the game, no need to search out and find the forum to post praise. It's that way with everything in life. And some people get discouraged by all the "naysayers".

I've only played MW2 once since Black Ops came out. I enjoy the hell out of Black Ops, I appreciate the support that the developers have provided, I appreciate periodic and timely map packs, and I can deal with the issues that are in the game. No, I don't always agree with the developers, but I also ain't gonna cry just because the world doesn't see everything the same way I do.

Starbuck, don't get discouraged by the trolls and such. There are those out there that simply post crap to get a knee-jerk reaction. And when there's an actual problem, this is the most logical place to post such a problem. I actually applaud the site for allowing many items to stay, instead of them being deleted or moved to moderation.
    I don't blame ya one bit, Frack. All the crybabies, smart-mouths, and know-nothings, really get irritating after awhile. And it's the same crap day in, and day out.

No, you won't see me on XBL, because I'm going back to my Atari 5200 until they take out second chance and nerf the Famas nine more times...
    I wish you well. These forums have been a trip, from all the negative to the positive.
    sweatyclam
    You'll be missed Starbuck, all the best with the future and I'll see you online maybe.
    Starbuck, see you in another lifetime, brother.
    I'm sorry all the negative overwhelmed your experience here. There's an awful lot of good to be found, but it can be difficult.

Good luck to you!
    ghosthound
    Words to live by:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxQgXgS5G3c&feature=fvst

Kids will always be kids.
    GeorgePeterson
    Why do I know that somehow this will all trace back to that bloody Wiggy again.

I'm not sure how, but I know it will happen.

*shakes fist* Damn you Wiggy!!!!
    Goodbye.

As for the trolls and whiny children alike,I leave you (for now) with this to think about...

'Y U NO LIKE GAME?'

Well,if you would excuse me,I'm off to go on the rampage with an AK74u with a Grenade Launcher (Pro Pipe),Ghost Pro,SoH Pro,and Second Chance/Hacker.

Oh,and a Strella to end your feeble Helicopter,
    anoreo
    Why do we ***** about life in general? We paid a great deal to be here. It's not all roses. The majority of the people who are satisfied don't come here to say so. Forums naturally are a breeding ground for people to moan about gripes they have and the incompetence of developers.
    Yes there is a lot of negative posts here but being in the corporate world there are a lot of negative people, power hungry and out for them self people as well.  Dealing with the personalities and undrstanding them help to gauge human nature.  Understanding as many people as possible helps you get an edge when dealing with people in general.  Come in camelion style, sit on a branch and watch the natives. 

If your not back then good luck with your new path and maybe we will cross sights on the battlefield-
    cya later fella. sorry you feel this way about the whiners. ppl always whine and its not just in here its in everything. with my job i deal with whiners and complainers daily. it does take a toll on you but thats why i have the "i dont give a f@#$" attitude most of the time and im not letting these ppl bring me down because they aren't happy.

speaking of the star wars blue rays that launch today? or tomorrow? i know im getting it and i might actually do a full set back to back to back to back to back to back. i did that with the lord of the rings and it was rough.
    M16Freak1968

Dr. Drip wrote:

I don't blame ya one bit, Frack. All the crybabies, smart-mouths, and know-nothings, really get irritating after awhile. And it's the same crap day in, and day out.

No, you won't see me on XBL, because I'm going back to my Atari 5200 until they take out second chance and nerf the Famas nine more times...

Well, you're in luck. I was watching a video from CODXP and one of the developers said no second chance, along with no OMA and Commando in MW3. And surely they wouldn't over power the FAMAS in the game either.
    neo311080
    this forum has been awsome some good times as for the game treyarch did the best they could and to be honnist they did a bloody good job they tried to keep on top of the problems and answerd most of our calls i have spent over 40 days playing this game i have never spent that much time on a game before and i think its made me a faster better gamer so thanks a lot treyarch its bin a blast  just one more thing  plz dont let the moddin scum bags into this like waw cya all online 

P.S this forum is over powerd  nerf it  

starbuckfrack wrote:

. other guy who I rarely see.

Cutpurse possibly?