5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2011 3:07 AM by ethereality RSS

SnD play make ya sweat?

riffy08
I'll usually play mercenary moshpit - I like the variety - and I notice that, when playing SnD, I'm more attentive and, well, nervous about it.  I don't know if it's the fact that my mercenary playmates may be observing me and possibly criticizing my play?  Or maybe it's the fact that if we're tagged, we out for the rest of that match?  Of course, this usually translates into a pretty good match for me, but when that voice comes over with "YOUR THE LAST ONE LEFT!", the adrenalin kicks in even more.
It's a quiet, slow game...a lot more strategy, but I still wouldn't want to play it all the time.  But at the same time, it's a rush.

Anyways I'm just curious whether the "sphincter factor" goes up a little in SnD for you guys too?
  • Re: SnD play make ya sweat?
    paranoid?
    riffy08

Tong7 wrote:

paranoid?

Black Sabbath. 1970.

who me?
    IATEAREPUBLICAN
    No, not really. I don't know why, but SnD players are SO predictable. Or example, in nuketown, you are almost guarenteed to get a kill if you throw a C4 up into the second floor. In Firing Range, there is a very huge chance that a couple people will go into the shed/wooden house. Then there are the people who camp in their spawn. Once you finish off the people who went to take over a defensive position, just camp it out, if your defending team. The offense will eventually have to move if they want to win the round. Honestly, I think they should rename Search and Destroy to Hide and Seek.

riffy08 wrote:

I'll usually play mercenary moshpit - I like the variety - and I notice that, when playing SnD, I'm more attentive and, well, nervous about it.  I don't know if it's the fact that my mercenary playmates may be observing me and possibly criticizing my play?  Or maybe it's the fact that if we're tagged, we out for the rest of that match?  Of course, this usually translates into a pretty good match for me, but when that voice comes over with "YOUR THE LAST ONE LEFT!", the adrenalin kicks in even more.
    It's a quiet, slow game...a lot more strategy, but I still wouldn't want to play it all the time.  But at the same time, it's a rush.

Anyways I'm just curious whether the "sphincter factor" goes up a little in SnD for you guys too?

I am with you there mate ...... play in the moshpit most of the time and dread the SnD coming up...... but it does feel good when you get that final kill ..... and really bad when you are it
    I remember when I'd feel extremely nervous when I played SnD when I first started on CoD4.

I think it is indeed because your whole team is watching everything you do, and they're relying on you to finish the job.

But these days if I'm the last one left it doesn't phase me at all.. either got use to it, or I'm confident that I can do my best to win.