4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2011 9:50 PM by TG-Bionic- RSS

Minor "mods" for ranked servers please

Grannyoo3
Not asking for mod tools, just that the rcon has the ability to change features such as:

Time
Score (not player score, but game score such as domination to 500 points instead of 200)
Spawn (some spawning areas are seriously silly)
Perks (like creating a private match, where you control perks 1-3)
Health (same option in private server)
Headshots only (same as in private server)
Combination of HC things and Softcore

And basically everything else available for a private server (no match pre-loading and such).

Can we get this for ranked servers?
  • Re: Minor "mods" for ranked servers please
    The ranked servers are locked down pretty tightly. What the rcon tools are doing now seems to be about the extent of what can be done on a ranked server.

The unranked server is more open, sure, but no where near what codwaw/cod4/cod2 were.

To answer your question. IMO, I doubt a single one on your list can be done via an rcon tool. It would have to be an rcon tool because there is no way to use a mod on a ranked server. Not a mod created with the BO mod tools, anyway.
    Grannyoo3

MoGElijah wrote:

The ranked servers are locked down pretty tightly. What the rcon tools are doing now seems to be about the extent of what can be done on a ranked server.

The unranked server is more open, sure, but no where near what codwaw/cod4/cod2 were.

To answer your question. IMO, I doubt a single one on your list can be done via an rcon tool. It would have to be an rcon tool because there is no way to use a mod on a ranked server. Not a mod created with the BO mod tools, anyway.

Well that sucks, so what is the point then? i can join COD5 mod ranked servers with no issues.
    The ranks are built into the WaW mods and are not the same "rank" you get playing stock WaW server. In BO, we do not even have access to what we need to create our own ranks.
    TG-Bionic-
    crazy dude  http://www.callofduty.com/board/posting.php?mode=reply&f=113&t=545116#