27 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2011 7:34 AM by ezarate RSS

What was this games biggest fail?

codchamp
With MW3 coming out next month and time to think back on black ops. What was the biggest issues for this game? What can treyarch learn for there next COD game for 2012?

For me it was an almost game breaking lag and hit detection issue's. Granted i did not put in much time. Around 6 days in total compared to my 40+ in MW2 and 30+ days  in w@w. I felt the game had good weapons balancing no real OP'd kill streaks and for me i never had a problem with ghost, last stand or any op'd weapons that people talk about. A very well balanced game overall in my opinon. If treayrch could have resolved the lag and hit detection issues, this could have been the best COD to date. Discuss...
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    Giving the PS3/PC community a crap port.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    The portion of the community who whines about everything and then acts like a bunch of hypocrites using the very tactics they condemn 30 seconds after whining about said tactics.

    Also corner campers. I don't care if your using ghost or not, the simple fact you have to sit in one corner for a game to get one kill shows your lack propensity to troll more than any perk you may or may not be using.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?

    codchamp wrote:

     

    With MW3 coming out next month and time to think back on black ops. What was the biggest issues for this game? What can treyarch learn for there next COD game for 2012?

    For me it was an almost game breaking lag and hit detection issue's. Granted i did not put in much time. Around 6 days in total compared to my 40+ in MW2 and 30+ days  in w@w. I felt the game had good weapons balancing no real OP'd kill streaks and for me i never had a problem with ghost, last stand or any op'd weapons that people talk about. A very well balanced game overall in my opinon. If treayrch could have resolved the lag and hit detection issues, this could have been the best COD to date. Discuss...



    This was NOT a balanced game in any way. What exactly constitutes balance, is it the perks, kill streaks or maybe the weps?

    Well if you  say perks then lets see; Ghost...Second Chance...Flack Jacket...
    I must say i use Flack Jacket ALOT but not because i think its OP but just simply because i dont see a reason not to use it. It will literally save ur live and let you live in situations where you would normally die very quickly i.e. domination nuke town B flag...

    If you say Kill streaks...well lets see: Blackbird. The single most OPed KS in COD to date. It will literally tell you everything to the point that you can tell where the enemy is, where they are looking, where they are going, cancel out Ghost, help you team get their KS and much more i dont feel like listing. The best part is that you cant even shoot it down HOW IS THAT BALANCE.

    Finally if you said weps:
    Other COD games you can run almost any gun set up and not be in a huge disadvantage but not BLOPS. In this game the damage system is so stupid i cant even begin to express it. I mean think about it...EVERY gun except the snipers/python/2 ARs will kill in 3 shot close range. This means that the weps with the most RoF will win EVERY TIME...why do you think FAMAS is considered the most OP gun in BLOPS. Its not the most accurate, in fact its one of the least accurate guns ( dont even say its an ACR cuz i will call you stupid its simply not true) but it will kill sooo fast that there is no reason to run SMGs in close quarters or shotties (dont even get me started on shotties). In MW2 you could use almost anything and be fine:FAMAS, ACR, UMP, MP5K, M4, M16, SCAR-H, TAR-21, AK-47, SPAS-12, PP2000 and the list goes on. Now can you say the same for BLOPS? I dont think so and if you do say that you can use this many guns and keep your score the same you are lying.

    So in the end, no i def dont think BLOPS was a balanced game it was not glitchy that is def true but def not balanced or fun.
    PS - im not hating on it but simply stating the flaws which made it a not so fun game. If MW2 was so bad why do most ppl have like 30+ days played on it? Just some food for thought
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    deamonomic

    Archelles wrote:

     

    codchamp wrote:

     

    With MW3 coming out next month and time to think back on black ops. What was the biggest issues for this game? What can treyarch learn for there next COD game for 2012?

    For me it was an almost game breaking lag and hit detection issue's. Granted i did not put in much time. Around 6 days in total compared to my 40+ in MW2 and 30+ days  in w@w. I felt the game had good weapons balancing no real OP'd kill streaks and for me i never had a problem with ghost, last stand or any op'd weapons that people talk about. A very well balanced game overall in my opinon. If treayrch could have resolved the lag and hit detection issues, this could have been the best COD to date. Discuss...



    This was NOT a balanced game in any way. What exactly constitutes balance, is it the perks, kill streaks or maybe the weps?

    Well if you  say perks then lets see; Ghost...Second Chance...Flack Jacket...
    I must say i use Flack Jacket ALOT but not because i think its OP but just simply because i dont see a reason not to use it. It will literally save ur live and let you live in situations where you would normally die very quickly i.e. domination nuke town B flag...

    If you say Kill streaks...well lets see: Blackbird. The single most OPed KS in COD to date. It will literally tell you everything to the point that you can tell where the enemy is, where they are looking, where they are going, cancel out Ghost, help you team get their KS and much more i dont feel like listing. The best part is that you cant even shoot it down HOW IS THAT BALANCE.

    Finally if you said weps:
    Other COD games you can run almost any gun set up and not be in a huge disadvantage but not BLOPS. In this game the damage system is so stupid i cant even begin to express it. I mean think about it...EVERY gun except the snipers/python/2 ARs will kill in 3 shot close range. This means that the weps with the most RoF will win EVERY TIME...why do you think FAMAS is considered the most OP gun in BLOPS. Its not the most accurate, in fact its one of the least accurate guns ( dont even say its an ACR cuz i will call you stupid its simply not true) but it will kill sooo fast that there is no reason to run SMGs in close quarters or shotties (dont even get me started on shotties). In MW2 you could use almost anything and be fine:FAMAS, ACR, UMP, MP5K, M4, M16, SCAR-H, TAR-21, AK-47, SPAS-12, PP2000 and the list goes on. Now can you say the same for BLOPS? I dont think so and if you do say that you can use this many guns and keep your score the same you are lying.

    So in the end, no i def dont think BLOPS was a balanced game it was not glitchy that is def true but def not balanced or fun.
    PS - im not hating on it but simply stating the flaws which made it a not so fun game. If MW2 was so bad why do most ppl have like 30+ days played on it? Just some food for thought



    i can pretty much use any gun and be fine. You think MW2 was balanced? HA! I cannot count how many times some jackass stood, literally just walked up and STOOD infront of my claymore, shoot me, and then walk off like the dam claymore wasnt even there. What about the care package glitch, the Edrop glitch, Wall hacks, Radar hacks, Glitching into walls and rocks, Chat hacks where the enemy team could listen on your team. How many game breaking glitches and hacks have been seen in BO? How about the fact that there are a thousand times more people running around with the noobtube and RPG's then there are in BO. Death streaks, created to reward failure and piss off the good players. And as much as everyone seems to complain about hit detection and what not, if you havent noticed it is in EVERY FPS to some degree, sure it might be slightly worse then in MW2 but not by that much. And what about spawns in MW2 cant count the amount of times I watched a dude spawn, literally watched him appear out of thin air.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?

    deamonomic wrote:

     

    Archelles wrote:

     

    codchamp wrote:

     

    With MW3 coming out next month and time to think back on black ops. What was the biggest issues for this game? What can treyarch learn for there next COD game for 2012?

    For me it was an almost game breaking lag and hit detection issue's. Granted i did not put in much time. Around 6 days in total compared to my 40+ in MW2 and 30+ days  in w@w. I felt the game had good weapons balancing no real OP'd kill streaks and for me i never had a problem with ghost, last stand or any op'd weapons that people talk about. A very well balanced game overall in my opinon. If treayrch could have resolved the lag and hit detection issues, this could have been the best COD to date. Discuss...



    This was NOT a balanced game in any way. What exactly constitutes balance, is it the perks, kill streaks or maybe the weps?

    Well if you  say perks then lets see; Ghost...Second Chance...Flack Jacket...
    I must say i use Flack Jacket ALOT but not because i think its OP but just simply because i dont see a reason not to use it. It will literally save ur live and let you live in situations where you would normally die very quickly i.e. domination nuke town B flag...

    If you say Kill streaks...well lets see: Blackbird. The single most OPed KS in COD to date. It will literally tell you everything to the point that you can tell where the enemy is, where they are looking, where they are going, cancel out Ghost, help you team get their KS and much more i dont feel like listing. The best part is that you cant even shoot it down HOW IS THAT BALANCE.

    Finally if you said weps:
    Other COD games you can run almost any gun set up and not be in a huge disadvantage but not BLOPS. In this game the damage system is so stupid i cant even begin to express it. I mean think about it...EVERY gun except the snipers/python/2 ARs will kill in 3 shot close range. This means that the weps with the most RoF will win EVERY TIME...why do you think FAMAS is considered the most OP gun in BLOPS. Its not the most accurate, in fact its one of the least accurate guns ( dont even say its an ACR cuz i will call you stupid its simply not true) but it will kill sooo fast that there is no reason to run SMGs in close quarters or shotties (dont even get me started on shotties). In MW2 you could use almost anything and be fine:FAMAS, ACR, UMP, MP5K, M4, M16, SCAR-H, TAR-21, AK-47, SPAS-12, PP2000 and the list goes on. Now can you say the same for BLOPS? I dont think so and if you do say that you can use this many guns and keep your score the same you are lying.

    So in the end, no i def dont think BLOPS was a balanced game it was not glitchy that is def true but def not balanced or fun.
    PS - im not hating on it but simply stating the flaws which made it a not so fun game. If MW2 was so bad why do most ppl have like 30+ days played on it? Just some food for thought



    i can pretty much use any gun and be fine. You think MW2 was balanced? HA! I cannot count how many times some jackass stood, literally just walked up and STOOD infront of my claymore, shoot me, and then walk off like the dam claymore wasnt even there. What about the care package glitch, the Edrop glitch, Wall hacks, Radar hacks, Glitching into walls and rocks, Chat hacks where the enemy team could listen on your team. How many game breaking glitches and hacks have been seen in BO? How about the fact that there are a thousand times more people running around with the noobtube and RPG's then there are in BO. Death streaks, created to reward failure and piss off the good players. And as much as everyone seems to complain about hit detection and what not, if you havent noticed it is in EVERY FPS to some degree, sure it might be slightly worse then in MW2 but not by that much. And what about spawns in MW2 cant count the amount of times I watched a dude spawn, literally watched him appear out of thin air.



    LIke i said you can def use any gun you want and be fine BUT can you honestly say that you are not better of using an FAMAS, AUG, AK-74u over any other gun set up? When you watch an MLG or just a competitive match what guns do you see?

    "HA! I cannot count how many times some jackass stood, literally just walked up and STOOD infront of my claymore, shoot me, and then walk off like the dam claymore wasnt even there."
    r u forgetting flack jacket in BLOPS? ssrly

    "What about the care package glitch, the Edrop glitch"
    same thing was happening in BLOPS in the beginning just to a lesser degree cuz not as many ppl knew about it. Still was the same thing.

    "Wall hacks, Radar hacks, Glitching into walls and rocks, Chat hacks where the enemy team could listen on your team."
    Hacker is a perk in this game...just saying. Blackbird...nuff said. How many times have you seen ppl do a wall or a rock glitch? i almost never seen it but i guess it depends still not game breaking IMO. How many times did you go around the wall and died after...just saying. I have never heard of chat hacks so i dont even know what to say lol.

    "And as much as everyone seems to complain about hit detection and what not, if you havent noticed it is in EVERY FPS to some degree, sure it might be slightly worse then in MW2 but not by that much."
    ummm...are you serious...go into a match right now and i guarantee u that there is going to be lag/terrible host.

    "And what about spawns in MW2 cant count the amount of times I watched a dude spawn, literally watched him appear out of thin air."
    I can say the same for BLOPS or any other FPS but it wasnt a major issue unless ur playing demo...

    Like i said im not saying that MW2 was perfect BUT it was deff a much better game when ppl werent being stupid with OMA and what not. In blops no matter how honorable the opposing team will be, the hit detection will make ur match a shitty experience.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    I find Black Ops to be immenesly enjoyable. I tend to like Treyarchs games over IW's(tho I still love IW games).
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    TrueTragic
    Not having attatchment options for the Olympia and Crossbow.  I would loved to have a "Speed Reloader" option for the Olympia.  I would also like to have non-explosive bolts for the Crossbow like in the Campaign.  Other than the everyday annoyances, like lag, is tolerable for me anyway.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    TrueTragic
    @Archelles

    How can you say that the Blackbird is the most overpowered Killstreak in Call of Duty?  No love for the Counter-Spy Plane I reckon.  Don't even really need Counter-Spy Plane for Blackbirds.  I clutched a 1-5 round of Search and Destroy while they had a Blackbird up using a Spectre w/ACOG and two Decoys on Hazard of all maps.  Decoys do wonders against Blackbirds.  Just saying.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    -Having the host TKing, and not getting booted - add code where (if 3 TK and host, do 'new host'). Probably better to just do (if 4 TK, do 'new host'), as the only way to do 4 TK is if you're host.

    -Maybe balancing the weapons a bit more, stronger advantages/disadvantages. Higher ROF = lower accuracy, etc. But this isn't really a fail, per-se.

    I don't feel that lag can be brought into this, as Microsoft bears much of that burden, since it is a Live matchup.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    IATEAREPUBLICAN
    BLOP-shotting and that's it. I love Black Ops, best CoD to date, IMO. It's my opinion so I honestly don't give a damn if you give me a set of reasons why you prefer so and so over black ops. I'll be heartbroken when everyone moves into MW3 :[ 3arc>IW because their games have less 10 year olds.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    macfart

    Rezzurected davidlsofferman wrote:

     

    Giving the PS3/PC community a crap port.




    LOL, you cant make a great port when the original is crap to begin with.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    codchamp

    Archelles wrote:

     

    codchamp wrote:

     

    With MW3 coming out next month and time to think back on black ops. What was the biggest issues for this game? What can treyarch learn for there next COD game for 2012?

    For me it was an almost game breaking lag and hit detection issue's. Granted i did not put in much time. Around 6 days in total compared to my 40+ in MW2 and 30+ days  in w@w. I felt the game had good weapons balancing no real OP'd kill streaks and for me i never had a problem with ghost, last stand or any op'd weapons that people talk about. A very well balanced game overall in my opinon. If treayrch could have resolved the lag and hit detection issues, this could have been the best COD to date. Discuss...



    This was NOT a balanced game in any way. What exactly constitutes balance, is it the perks, kill streaks or maybe the weps?

    Well if you  say perks then lets see; Ghost...Second Chance...Flack Jacket...
    I must say i use Flack Jacket ALOT but not because i think its OP but just simply because i dont see a reason not to use it. It will literally save ur live and let you live in situations where you would normally die very quickly i.e. domination nuke town B flag...

    If you say Kill streaks...well lets see: Blackbird. The single most OPed KS in COD to date. It will literally tell you everything to the point that you can tell where the enemy is, where they are looking, where they are going, cancel out Ghost, help you team get their KS and much more i dont feel like listing. The best part is that you cant even shoot it down HOW IS THAT BALANCE.

    Finally if you said weps:
    Other COD games you can run almost any gun set up and not be in a huge disadvantage but not BLOPS. In this game the damage system is so stupid i cant even begin to express it. I mean think about it...EVERY gun except the snipers/python/2 ARs will kill in 3 shot close range. This means that the weps with the most RoF will win EVERY TIME...why do you think FAMAS is considered the most OP gun in BLOPS. Its not the most accurate, in fact its one of the least accurate guns ( dont even say its an ACR cuz i will call you stupid its simply not true) but it will kill sooo fast that there is no reason to run SMGs in close quarters or shotties (dont even get me started on shotties). In MW2 you could use almost anything and be fine:FAMAS, ACR, UMP, MP5K, M4, M16, SCAR-H, TAR-21, AK-47, SPAS-12, PP2000 and the list goes on. Now can you say the same for BLOPS? I dont think so and if you do say that you can use this many guns and keep your score the same you are lying.

    So in the end, no i def dont think BLOPS was a balanced game it was not glitchy that is def true but def not balanced or fun.
    PS - im not hating on it but simply stating the flaws which made it a not so fun game. If MW2 was so bad why do most ppl have like 30+ days played on it? Just some food for thought



    First off there is no way the Blackbird is the most OP'd killstreak. Not even close. The title goes to the Nuke in MW2. it ends the game period. Not only that, it promoted camping and boosting. This is by far the most op'd and worst killstreak in COD.

    Dont get me wrong about this. I really did not like black ops all that much and i am more fond of MW2.. My all time fav is World at war. From its simplicity, wide range of weapons, 3 killstreaks only and the maps were awesome. But the weapons are balanced very well in black ops. In MW2 all the A/R's felt the same, same goes for the LMG and snipers. Some of the SMG's were horrible and there were big differences between them all. In black ops every gun has recoil, sway and works differently then the next. That is what it is supposed to be.

    As for perks in black ops, like i said before i had no problem with any of them. Ghost, flak jacket, last stand etc. They were all fine. Just overused. Why? Because there were other perks not in this game. Now if we had Stopping power, juggernaut, martydom, One man Army, fireworks or danger close. Then we all know what everyone would complaining about.

    You cannot blame the game maker for the way the community plays the game. If someone wants to sit in a obscure corner of the map with ghost and wait for somebody to walk by, Then that is there right to do so. No one can tell these people how to play. This would not be a fail in the game on the makers part.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?

    IATEAREPUBLICAN wrote:

     

    BLOP-shotting and that's it. I love Black Ops, best CoD to date, IMO. It's my opinion so I honestly don't give a damn if you give me a set of reasons why you prefer so and so over black ops. I'll be heartbroken when everyone moves into MW3 :[ 3arc>IW because their games have less 10 year olds.



    If your whole reasoning as to why you like 3arc over IW is that there is less 10 year olds then i think i have nothing else to say to you besides...really? Do you honestly believe that there is less 10 year olds on BO over any other COD? Keep telling yourself that lie but its not true and dont forget that IW made COD what it is today...just saying. 3arc only followed in their shadow with a game that included things from IWs previous game plus like one extra feature.

    Ask yourself this: what has 3arc done for the community which they introduced on their own into BO which was a game changer?
    PS - IMO it was the theater mode only
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    codchamp

    Archelles wrote:

     

    IATEAREPUBLICAN wrote:

     

    BLOP-shotting and that's it. I love Black Ops, best CoD to date, IMO. It's my opinion so I honestly don't give a damn if you give me a set of reasons why you prefer so and so over black ops. I'll be heartbroken when everyone moves into MW3 :[ 3arc>IW because their games have less 10 year olds.



    If your whole reasoning as to why you like 3arc over IW is that there is less 10 year olds then i think i have nothing else to say to you besides...really? Do you honestly believe that there is less 10 year olds on BO over any other COD? Keep telling yourself that lie but its not true and dont forget that IW made COD what it is today...just saying. 3arc only followed in their shadow with a game that included things from IWs previous game plus like one extra feature.

    Ask yourself this: what has 3arc done for the community which they introduced on their own into BO which was a game changer?
    PS - IMO it was the theater mode only


    Treyarch always was in the shadow of infinity ward. COD 3's MP was based on COD 2's which was IW. W@W was exactly the same engine as COD4. The only difference maps, weapons and instead of a chopper you got dogs. Blacks ops followed the MW2 route. The took all the good stuff from there and implemented into black ops. The only things 3arch put into the game. Gun games, theater mode and a stupid COD point system. Instead of having to get 50 or 150 kills to unlock a noob tube, it cost you $3,000 cod points 
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    bodite
    How about we make this plural? BO's biggest fails.

    1. Being taken out with the m1911 by some chump in second chance......from across the board.
    2. Commando dogs.
    3. Removing maps from certain game modes instead of fixing the issues. I cannot stand companies that create their own mess and let the sh!t heads win. How dumb was this? When they removed Havannah from demo....they all moved to Firing Range.....then they moved to Jungle......Nuketown......etc. The problem with camping, trapping, etc. just gets moved to the next map. Terrible fail by not fixing this. And now we don't play some of the most fun maps. THANK YOU!!!!!
    4. (sigh) people running around with sniper rifles and getting kills. With all the realism they brag about.....who missed the realism of not being able to snipe while moving? Hitting a moving target through the scope? please. I'm so tired of seeing dudes in the fray shooting up people with a sniper rifle like it's a FAL or something.
    5. Halo jumping.
    6. Watching someone go prone while shooting at me and I die. Never could you really stay ADS while hitting the dirt and still keep a steady aim. Not to mention you PUT YOUR FACE FORWARD INTO MY BULLET PATH. A stupid tactic that can't be done with any accuracy yet people do it all the time with impunity.
    7. Seeing only someones head and getting bullet markers. No death. No head shot. Bullet markers.
    8. In demo. Someone can stand behind the objective and all you can see is their head. You can't seem to shoot through the objective and hit him. So you die. The kill cam shows the guy CLEARLY standing behind the objective and his gun is well above the top of the little package you plant the bomb on. I never understood this. How can I only see his head yet he's shooting at me with his gun chest high?
    9. WARLORD. The most useless perk ever. What is the use of a perk like this when you can just about shoot through anything anyway? How many times have i died trying to take cover behind the dumpster on Grid. Only to have some dumbazz with an AK-74 tear me up by shooting through it? Watch the kill cam and his perk is...........slight of hand pro. W....t....f....
    10. Weapon stats. Yeah those are accurate. Let's see. Unless i'm using the skorpion or MAC11 from an EXTREME distance I can get a kill with 3 hit markers with ANY weapon. There is no match up. I've watched guys kill me with 2 hit markers with the stupid famas silenced, from far away.....and he beats me out against my non-silenced AK-47. REAL accurate there Treyarch.
    11. Tomohawk kills from across the map. Tomohawk kills from RICOCHET? Have you EVER seen a throwing axe do that? EVER?
    12. Cocking a grenade and dying......and there's magically no grenade that you drop to kill the guy. IF I SEE MY CHARACTER PULL THE PIN, IT'S LIVE YOU JERKS!
    13. Shangri La.
    14. The astronaut taking away a perk. Seriously, it's bad enough to have to get hit by zombies while you're being held in place. But you are in the red when you are teleported AND it takes a perk? FAIL.
    15. Zombies that have a stupid homing beacon sense of your location. Tired of zombies coming around the corner swinging. Tired of zombies not being faked out by my juking left and right. Tired of zombies PINNING YOU IN A CORNER OR MAKING YOU GET STUCK ON SOME STUPID THING STICKING OUT OF A WALL. TIred of zombies hitting you when I don't even see an arm swing. It's a zombie!! it doesn't have a sense of direction. it doesn't know strategy. It sure as hell isn't going to go, "who! Danny Trejo just ducked around that corner! I better go running and swinging so I can kill him before he ambushes me." IT     IS      A     ZOMBIE. Did you learn NOTHING from George? Gawd.


    16.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?

    macfart wrote:

     

    Rezzurected davidlsofferman wrote:

     

    Giving the PS3/PC community a crap port.




    LOL, you cant make a great port when the original is crap to begin with.


    It shouldn't be a port at all.  As for the ports there are still framerate problems with this game after almost ELEVEN months. I honestly doubt that the xbox version doesn't have the same problems as PS3/PC.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    codchamp

    bodite wrote:

     

    How about we make this plural? BO's biggest fails.

    1. Being taken out with the m1911 by some chump in second chance......from across the board.
    2. Commando dogs.
    3. Removing maps from certain game modes instead of fixing the issues. I cannot stand companies that create their own mess and let the sh!t heads win. How dumb was this? When they removed Havannah from demo....they all moved to Firing Range.....then they moved to Jungle......Nuketown......etc. The problem with camping, trapping, etc. just gets moved to the next map. Terrible fail by not fixing this. And now we don't play some of the most fun maps. THANK YOU!!!!!
    4. (sigh) people running around with sniper rifles and getting kills. With all the realism they brag about.....who missed the realism of not being able to snipe while moving? Hitting a moving target through the scope? please. I'm so tired of seeing dudes in the fray shooting up people with a sniper rifle like it's a FAL or something.
    5. Halo jumping.
    6. Watching someone go prone while shooting at me and I die. Never could you really stay ADS while hitting the dirt and still keep a steady aim. Not to mention you PUT YOUR FACE FORWARD INTO MY BULLET PATH. A stupid tactic that can't be done with any accuracy yet people do it all the time with impunity.
    7. Seeing only someones head and getting bullet markers. No death. No head shot. Bullet markers.
    8. In demo. Someone can stand behind the objective and all you can see is their head. You can't seem to shoot through the objective and hit him. So you die. The kill cam shows the guy CLEARLY standing behind the objective and his gun is well above the top of the little package you plant the bomb on. I never understood this. How can I only see his head yet he's shooting at me with his gun chest high?
    9. WARLORD. The most useless perk ever. What is the use of a perk like this when you can just about shoot through anything anyway? How many times have i died trying to take cover behind the dumpster on Grid. Only to have some dumbazz with an AK-74 tear me up by shooting through it? Watch the kill cam and his perk is...........slight of hand pro. W....t....f....
    10. Weapon stats. Yeah those are accurate. Let's see. Unless i'm using the skorpion or MAC11 from an EXTREME distance I can get a kill with 3 hit markers with ANY weapon. There is no match up. I've watched guys kill me with 2 hit markers with the stupid famas silenced, from far away.....and he beats me out against my non-silenced AK-47. REAL accurate there Treyarch.
    11. Tomohawk kills from across the map. Tomohawk kills from RICOCHET? Have you EVER seen a throwing axe do that? EVER?
    12. Cocking a grenade and dying......and there's magically no grenade that you drop to kill the guy. IF I SEE MY CHARACTER PULL THE PIN, IT'S LIVE YOU JERKS!
    13. Shangri La.
    14. The astronaut taking away a perk. Seriously, it's bad enough to have to get hit by zombies while you're being held in place. But you are in the red when you are teleported AND it takes a perk? FAIL.
    15. Zombies that have a stupid homing beacon sense of your location. Tired of zombies coming around the corner swinging. Tired of zombies not being faked out by my juking left and right. Tired of zombies PINNING YOU IN A CORNER OR MAKING YOU GET STUCK ON SOME STUPID THING STICKING OUT OF A WALL. TIred of zombies hitting you when I don't even see an arm swing. It's a zombie!! it doesn't have a sense of direction. it doesn't know strategy. It sure as hell isn't going to go, "who! Danny Trejo just ducked around that corner! I better go running and swinging so I can kill him before he ambushes me." IT     IS      A     ZOMBIE. Did you learn NOTHING from George? Gawd.


    16.


    Man that was a rant! But i give you credit and agree with you on every thing you said.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    MichaelF120
    Connection, Lag ,Connection, Lag, Connection, Lag

    Over all the game isnt bad. Some things are a bit over powered like ghost ( I love using it but it is OP)

    Thing is this game is 80% depended upon your connection to that game. Case in point today. I played one game with 2 bar yellow went 9-9 (came in half way) Next game had 4 green bars and went 20-2.  I didnt change anything. Even the map was the same. Just everything in this game depends on your connection to the game and that just isnt right and isnt fair.  ESP in this day n age of connection technology.

    RIP Steve Jobs  My guy
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    Cable99

    codchamp wrote:

     

    bodite wrote:

     

    How about we make this plural? BO's biggest fails.

    1. Being taken out with the m1911 by some chump in second chance......from across the board.
    2. Commando dogs.
    3. Removing maps from certain game modes instead of fixing the issues. I cannot stand companies that create their own mess and let the sh!t heads win. How dumb was this? When they removed Havannah from demo....they all moved to Firing Range.....then they moved to Jungle......Nuketown......etc. The problem with camping, trapping, etc. just gets moved to the next map. Terrible fail by not fixing this. And now we don't play some of the most fun maps. THANK YOU!!!!!
    4. (sigh) people running around with sniper rifles and getting kills. With all the realism they brag about.....who missed the realism of not being able to snipe while moving? Hitting a moving target through the scope? please. I'm so tired of seeing dudes in the fray shooting up people with a sniper rifle like it's a FAL or something.
    5. Halo jumping.
    6. Watching someone go prone while shooting at me and I die. Never could you really stay ADS while hitting the dirt and still keep a steady aim. Not to mention you PUT YOUR FACE FORWARD INTO MY BULLET PATH. A stupid tactic that can't be done with any accuracy yet people do it all the time with impunity.
    7. Seeing only someones head and getting bullet markers. No death. No head shot. Bullet markers.
    8. In demo. Someone can stand behind the objective and all you can see is their head. You can't seem to shoot through the objective and hit him. So you die. The kill cam shows the guy CLEARLY standing behind the objective and his gun is well above the top of the little package you plant the bomb on. I never understood this. How can I only see his head yet he's shooting at me with his gun chest high?
    9. WARLORD. The most useless perk ever. What is the use of a perk like this when you can just about shoot through anything anyway? How many times have i died trying to take cover behind the dumpster on Grid. Only to have some dumbazz with an AK-74 tear me up by shooting through it? Watch the kill cam and his perk is...........slight of hand pro. W....t....f....
    10. Weapon stats. Yeah those are accurate. Let's see. Unless i'm using the skorpion or MAC11 from an EXTREME distance I can get a kill with 3 hit markers with ANY weapon. There is no match up. I've watched guys kill me with 2 hit markers with the stupid famas silenced, from far away.....and he beats me out against my non-silenced AK-47. REAL accurate there Treyarch.
    11. Tomohawk kills from across the map. Tomohawk kills from RICOCHET? Have you EVER seen a throwing axe do that? EVER?
    12. Cocking a grenade and dying......and there's magically no grenade that you drop to kill the guy. IF I SEE MY CHARACTER PULL THE PIN, IT'S LIVE YOU JERKS!
    13. Shangri La.
    14. The astronaut taking away a perk. Seriously, it's bad enough to have to get hit by zombies while you're being held in place. But you are in the red when you are teleported AND it takes a perk? FAIL.
    15. Zombies that have a stupid homing beacon sense of your location. Tired of zombies coming around the corner swinging. Tired of zombies not being faked out by my juking left and right. Tired of zombies PINNING YOU IN A CORNER OR MAKING YOU GET STUCK ON SOME STUPID THING STICKING OUT OF A WALL. TIred of zombies hitting you when I don't even see an arm swing. It's a zombie!! it doesn't have a sense of direction. it doesn't know strategy. It sure as hell isn't going to go, "who! Danny Trejo just ducked around that corner! I better go running and swinging so I can kill him before he ambushes me." IT     IS      A     ZOMBIE. Did you learn NOTHING from George? Gawd.


    16.


    Man that was a rant! But i give you credit and agree with you on every thing you said.



    Really?    You agree that WARLORD is useless because you can shoot through anything already without it?  :shock:

    wtf?

    I have Warlord on just about all my classes, even when the gun has a noob tube. Having the ability to throw a second frag is great.

    Just saying.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?

    codchamp wrote:

     

    Archelles wrote:

     

    codchamp wrote:

     

    With MW3 coming out next month and time to think back on black ops. What was the biggest issues for this game? What can treyarch learn for there next COD game for 2012?

    For me it was an almost game breaking lag and hit detection issue's. Granted i did not put in much time. Around 6 days in total compared to my 40+ in MW2 and 30+ days  in w@w. I felt the game had good weapons balancing no real OP'd kill streaks and for me i never had a problem with ghost, last stand or any op'd weapons that people talk about. A very well balanced game overall in my opinon. If treayrch could have resolved the lag and hit detection issues, this could have been the best COD to date. Discuss...



    This was NOT a balanced game in any way. What exactly constitutes balance, is it the perks, kill streaks or maybe the weps?

    Well if you  say perks then lets see; Ghost...Second Chance...Flack Jacket...
    I must say i use Flack Jacket ALOT but not because i think its OP but just simply because i dont see a reason not to use it. It will literally save ur live and let you live in situations where you would normally die very quickly i.e. domination nuke town B flag...

    If you say Kill streaks...well lets see: Blackbird. The single most OPed KS in COD to date. It will literally tell you everything to the point that you can tell where the enemy is, where they are looking, where they are going, cancel out Ghost, help you team get their KS and much more i dont feel like listing. The best part is that you cant even shoot it down HOW IS THAT BALANCE.

    Finally if you said weps:
    Other COD games you can run almost any gun set up and not be in a huge disadvantage but not BLOPS. In this game the damage system is so stupid i cant even begin to express it. I mean think about it...EVERY gun except the snipers/python/2 ARs will kill in 3 shot close range. This means that the weps with the most RoF will win EVERY TIME...why do you think FAMAS is considered the most OP gun in BLOPS. Its not the most accurate, in fact its one of the least accurate guns ( dont even say its an ACR cuz i will call you stupid its simply not true) but it will kill sooo fast that there is no reason to run SMGs in close quarters or shotties (dont even get me started on shotties). In MW2 you could use almost anything and be fine:FAMAS, ACR, UMP, MP5K, M4, M16, SCAR-H, TAR-21, AK-47, SPAS-12, PP2000 and the list goes on. Now can you say the same for BLOPS? I dont think so and if you do say that you can use this many guns and keep your score the same you are lying.

    So in the end, no i def dont think BLOPS was a balanced game it was not glitchy that is def true but def not balanced or fun.
    PS - im not hating on it but simply stating the flaws which made it a not so fun game. If MW2 was so bad why do most ppl have like 30+ days played on it? Just some food for thought



    First off there is no way the Blackbird is the most OP'd killstreak. Not even close. The title goes to the Nuke in MW2. it ends the game period. Not only that, it promoted camping and boosting. This is by far the most op'd and worst killstreak in COD.

    Dont get me wrong about this. I really did not like black ops all that much and i am more fond of MW2.. My all time fav is World at war. From its simplicity, wide range of weapons, 3 killstreaks only and the maps were awesome. But the weapons are balanced very well in black ops. In MW2 all the A/R's felt the same, same goes for the LMG and snipers. Some of the SMG's were horrible and there were big differences between them all. In black ops every gun has recoil, sway and works differently then the next. That is what it is supposed to be.

    As for perks in black ops, like i said before i had no problem with any of them. Ghost, flak jacket, last stand etc. They were all fine. Just overused. Why? Because there were other perks not in this game. Now if we had Stopping power, juggernaut, martydom, One man Army, fireworks or danger close. Then we all know what everyone would complaining about.

    You cannot blame the game maker for the way the community plays the game. If someone wants to sit in a obscure corner of the map with ghost and wait for somebody to walk by, Then that is there right to do so. No one can tell these people how to play. This would not be a fail in the game on the makers part.



    As i see what you are saying with the Nuke, i cant help but notice that it was still a 25 KS and most ppl couldnt get it without the air support which is super easy to shoot down. Blackbird is not able to be shot down and if the enemy team is chaining blackbirds you can pretty much call it a nuke since you will probably lose with a bad score.

    For the guns feeling the same I strongly disagree. There were different subclasses within each class. For example: M4 and ACR were both low power/ low recoil weps vs SCAR-H and TAR-21 being one is more accurate but lower RoF while the other is High RoF but lower accuracy + they all had different iron sights.

    In BO FAMAS vs AUG only difference is the recoil pattern, Commando vs Galil only difference is Iron sights and recoil pattern. SMGs were all pretty much the same with the exception of AK-74u which completely dominates all SMGs as it had a 30 round clip, all SMG attachments and some AR once, one of the two high power SMGs with highest range drop off. All the other SMGs were pretty much low recoil, 20 round clip which is pathetic, and some of the worst iron sight i have ever seen IMO.  Ooo did i mention that all the guns kill in 3 shots close range which adds to the pathetic gun balance.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    ricobot360
    whiners!
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    HeronMcCrack
    In another thread I said the balancing teams algorithm.  However, 4 out of 7 games tonight have ended with the lobby being closed due to a connection error.  You know, the kind where the match closes and people can still chat for a few seconds before the lobby closes and everyone gets a loss.

    Annoying.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    IATEAREPUBLICAN

    Archelles wrote:

     

    IATEAREPUBLICAN wrote:

     

    BLOP-shotting and that's it. I love Black Ops, best CoD to date, IMO. It's my opinion so I honestly don't give a damn if you give me a set of reasons why you prefer so and so over black ops. I'll be heartbroken when everyone moves into MW3 :[ 3arc>IW because their games have less 10 year olds.



    If your whole reasoning as to why you like 3arc over IW is that there is less 10 year olds then i think i have nothing else to say to you besides...really? Do you honestly believe that there is less 10 year olds on BO over any other COD? Keep telling yourself that lie but its not true and dont forget that IW made COD what it is today...just saying. 3arc only followed in their shadow with a game that included things from IWs previous game plus like one extra feature.

    Ask yourself this: what has 3arc done for the community which they introduced on their own into BO which was a game changer?
    PS - IMO it was the theater mode only


    Well, most 10 year olds etc I find are in MW2 because of quickscoping. 80% of CoD players are sniper wannabes, and since Black Ops snipers aren't as good, those 80% trashed this game. And um, let's see, removing killstreaks that change the game, much better balance in guns (except the Famas), new interesting killstreaks(BB), zombies, etc. Like I said, this is my opinion, feel free to disagree. Just don't get butthurt over it.
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    vims1990
    The lag & poor bullet registration was Black Ops biggest fail in my opinion.

    There would be situations where it hit detection would be great but it was so inconsistent most of the time.
    Sometimes, it would take a few bullets to kill someone but at other times it would take a full clip (take god for dual mags).

    In terms of the community: Lack of weapon variety amongst the community. You can't force to be different (as they do whatever they want with the game) but disappointing to see some of the talented players not try new things of the game.
    Not a complaint, just an observation of what our community have become
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    ukscorpz
    Sync issues really are my main gripe about the game itself - not sure how it got so bad in this installment, hoping its not because of Theatre/ELITE.

    Spawns are terrible, but tbh they have been in all COD games.

    Head glitching - Unfortunately until IW/3Arc produce a new game engine, this will ALWAYS be in the game.
    Terrible really as the community have been complaining about this since VCOD.

    I think some of the BLOPS equipment promotes camping also - I can understand if a player is perhaps sniping, but the ghost guy who sits in a corner with a silenced spaz and motion sensor really is annoying.

    I think most peoples issues, including myself are not with BLOPS itself but the way people play it? 
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    I dont have much to complain about with the game, it's been a great enjoyment over the past 6 months....

    Only thing i've got gripes with is the lack of HC DOM action. Got a little excited when it was introduced into flags and bombs then I got a little upset when it got thrown into DLC only moshpit with 4 other modes and about 7 people playing worldwide

    The only other thing that distresses me is the obvious, lag.... It would be nice when playing with friends overseas, if we could all be off the same playing field

    Other than that, I am at peace with blops. Shenanigans occur but it's just a game at the end of it all and there's always the "off" switch
  • Re: What was this games biggest fail?
    ezarate
    what up with the grenades that don't blow up after you pull the in pin and die?

    second, why do you bullets disappear seconds before you die?

    third, with ballistics, when you lung toward someone and knife them, somehow they live, turn around and shoot you in the head, wtf?

    fourth, in 1 in a chamber, or in any other game mode, in the kill cam you see clear evidence of the winner shooting about 5 feet away form the enemy, and yet manages to kill him somehow, was it an invisible stray bullet?

    im going to study video game design in college, so far this game is a good example of what NOT to do when making a game.