23 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2011 9:32 AM by greencoffin72 RSS

Why do some people put so much merit into their stats?

uranidiot
For all you leet players with uncommonly good stats why do you make fun of people with subpar stats. I mean has your 3.08 WL ratio ever got you laid,got you a promotion at work, help seal the deal on that new car or house you buying?.

Yes my stats are not that great but i do remember that this is a video game and those stats have no bearing on what happens in my life outside of xbox live.

People talk **** the most about my days played...seriously who cares. i really cant help it that my job affords me some free time to play games on the ople xbox. i apoligise for that.

And as far as my WL, go ahead make fun of itbut just pray after you have talked **** that i dont get i host cause i will dashboard quicker than you can say "enemy dogs incoming".
  • Re: Why do some people put so much merit into their stats?
    bobloblawslawblog

uranidiot wrote:

For all you leet players with uncommonly good stats why do you make fun of people with subpar stats. I mean has your 3.08 WL ratio ever got you laid,got you a promotion at work, help seal the deal on that new car or house you buying?.

yes, on all of the above

uranidiot wrote:

Yes my stats are not that great but i do remember that this is a video game and those stats have no bearing on what happens in my life outside of xbox live.

People talk **** the most about my days played...seriously who cares. i really cant help it that my job affords me some free time to play games on the ople xbox. i apoligise for that.

And as far as my WL, go ahead make fun of itbut just pray after you have talked **** that i dont get i host cause i will dashboard quicker than you can say "enemy dogs incoming".

why does it bother you that people make fun of your stats? its just a game
    uranidiot

bobloblawslawblog wrote:

uranidiot wrote:

yes, on all of the above

uranidiot wrote:

You obviously cant read very well. I was not ******** about people talking **** about my stats. I was asking..well read the title again.
    bobloblawslawblog

uranidiot wrote:

bobloblawslawblog wrote:

uranidiot wrote:

yes, on all of the above

uranidiot wrote:

You obviously cant read very well. I was not ******** about people talking **** about my stats. I was asking..well read the title again.

looks like ******** in the form of a question to me
    uranidiot
    Oh by the way i would love to hear the story of you waxing poetic about your badass K/D ratio to a car salesman or some random chic. Come on big  guy lets get some details.
    C LA S S I K
    I don't make fun of anyone even tough i have a decent player card. It's only an other place where i'm good so why not be proud about it? By proud i don't mean that it is the biggest thing in my life, it's just a little something i'm a little proud about, nothing bigger.

Peoples who usualy make fun of others about there stats are probly retarded teens that wanna impresse there friends while they play with them.
    bobloblawslawblog

uranidiot wrote:

Oh by the way i would love to hear the story of you waxing poetic about your badass K/D ratio to a car salesman or some random chic. Come on big  guy lets get some details.

so i was in the club and this chick was grindin on me, and i whispered my KD in her ear, and she looked confused for a second, then i said it was the same length as my ****.... the night ended well, the other time i was buying a car and made a bet with the salesman that my KD was higher than his, once i won he lowered the price, same thing basically with getting my promotion at work
    uranidiot

bobloblawslawblog wrote:

uranidiot wrote:

so i was in the club and this chick was grindin on me, and i whispered my KD in her ear, and she looked confused for a second, then i said it was the same length as my ****.... the night ended well

the other time i was buying a car and made a bet with the salesman that my KD was higher than his, once i won he lowered the price

What 2.25 inches?? Your a stud dude way to bag her!!!!
    bobloblawslawblog

uranidiot wrote:

bobloblawslawblog wrote:

uranidiot wrote:

so i was in the club and this chick was grindin on me, and i whispered my KD in her ear, and she looked confused for a second, then i said it was the same length as my ****.... the night ended well

the other time i was buying a car and made a bet with the salesman that my KD was higher than his, once i won he lowered the price

What 2.25 inches?? Your a stud dude way to bag her!!!!

thnx brosef

uranidiot wrote:

has your 3.08 WL ratio ever got you laid,got you a promotion at work, help seal the deal on that new car or house you buying?.

It cracks me up when people have this whole mentality on here. This is a CoD forum, CoD things matter here. Do they matter anywhere else? No they do not and everybody is 100% aware of that. But as long as you are on this CoD forum, stats are a relevant thing to discuss and/or care about. Don't like it? Feel free to leave.
    TrueTragic

Selkies_ftw wrote:

uranidiot wrote:

has your 3.08 WL ratio ever got you laid,got you a promotion at work, help seal the deal on that new car or house you buying?.

It cracks me up when people have this whole mentality on here. This is a CoD forum, CoD things matter here. Do they matter anywhere else? No they do not and everybody is 100% aware of that. But as long as you are on this CoD forum, stats are a relevant thing to discuss and/or care about. Don't like it? Feel free to leave.

This deserves a gold star.
    djcorpix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNIYQRAjUHI
    gregawesome1

bobloblawslawblog wrote:

uranidiot wrote:

so i was in the club and this chick was grindin on me, and i whispered my KD in her ear, and she looked confused for a second, then i said it was the same length as my ****.... the night ended well, the other time i was buying a car and made a bet with the salesman that my KD was higher than his, once i won he lowered the price, same thing basically with getting my promotion at work

A K/D of 1.5 isn't that impressive. 
    IATEAREPUBLICAN
    Thanks to my 1.4 KDR, I was given the Title of Dictator of Everything Cod. It's a multi-billionaire fishing company.
    trialstardragon
    What is even funnier is when those that think stats are a big deal have to come to a thread like this and defend them. When really the stats in this game mean nothing when the game is off.

If you need good stats in a game to have fun then you really suck at playing games and have some serious ego and vanity issues that should be look at soon by a professional.
    bobloblawslawblog

TrialStarDragon wrote:

If you need good stats in a game to have fun then you really suck at playing games and have some serious ego and vanity issues that should be look at soon by a professional.

i have fun by winning and getting lots of kill with as little deaths as possible, whats so bad about that?
    A Ninjakitty
    I like having good stats. Plain and simple.
    I like making people go "wtf" when they hear or see my stats. A dashboarding second accounter called my stats fake yesterday lol >.<
    T W ii S T nv
    Mostly every game has stats to keep track of a players performance during his time playing said game. Like football, basketball, and baseball. I know when I played basketball in HS, I used to keep track of my stats and try to improve them. I also still had fun while stat tracking myself. Black ops is no different. Many will argue that its not a sport and I agree with them but it is def a hobby and a game. A game based on kills. Every game type you play you have the opportunity to kill the other opponent. What's wrong with keeping track of how many kills per death you have to see areas of your play style which may need adjusting. Many trolls here say that they don't care about stats and only play to have fun but unknowingly contradict themselves when they come here and start flaming everyone who does care about their stats. If you only play the game to have fun then you (trolls) would not even care to voice an opinion on the subject.
    I don't blame anyone for being proud of their stats. 
    trialstardragon

JComm06 wrote:

I don't blame anyone for being proud of their stats. 

There is a difference between being proud and being vane and many of the people in this game take the stats to the level of being vane and ego boosting when comparing them to another person.
    trialstardragon

bobloblawslawblog wrote:

TrialStarDragon wrote:

i have fun by winning and getting lots of kill with as little deaths as possible, whats so bad about that?

Nothing until you compare your stats with someone else and because they did less you act as if your greater or superior to them in every way as many of the stat whores do in this game.
    bobloblawslawblog

TrialStarDragon wrote:

bobloblawslawblog wrote:

TrialStarDragon wrote:

Nothing until you compare your stats with someone else and because they did less you act as if your greater or superior to them in every way as many of the stat whores do in this game.

so the problem is people get their feelings hurt, gotcha
    greencoffin72
    By myself, I'm a pretty good player.  With my boys, we absolutely crush.  Most of the time.

It's all about the "good game."  Your stats mean nothing to me.