28 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2011 6:36 AM by Joshwoocool RSS

A controversial thought

davidjulian102030
What if they added certain perks to natch der untoten and removed the 4 perk limit. My idea is to add in speed cola, double tapp, PhD flopper, and maybe quick revive. I wouldn't add in stamin up or deadshot because they would be pretty useless and just take up space.

Now I know some people may say, no keep it barebones. Its supposed to be a challenge. Well it still is a challenge because without jugg you will die in two hits. And then if you have mule kick, speed cola, double tapp, PhD, and quick revive you will lose 12 500 points worth of perks so either you can not buy any perks at all or buy all the perks and get a slight advantage at the risk of losing it all. It would certainly make the map more fun and diverse as you can have one person with speed cola and PhD using a law etc...

Adding in mule kick, treyarch must have expected we would want all the other perks in the maps too. I'm sure people have been wanting PhD flopper in kino since ascension came out.

This is just an idea so let me know your thoughts
  • Re: A controversial thought
    No.
    http://tinyurl.com/65qgwqo

davidjulian102030
    Ok thanks for your insightfull response
    I feel foolish clicking on the link. How old are you 12. Why don't you shut up since you have nothing to add to the thread. At least you could have said no, its a map without perks and mule kick is an exception because it only gives you an extra gun slot.
    Waste of life
    This is why you don't give kids candy. They want more and won't STFU until they get more.
    davidjulian102030
    You know you would want. Certain perks in maps and the missing guns added in the box along with the waw weapons. If you don't your not a true zombies player and I don't know what your doing on the zombies forums.
    Give a man milk hell drink for a day, give a man a cow and hell drink for a lifetime
    They should just give us mod tools(not likely) or add in options to private match.
    Unless you have anything insightfull to add to the thread I ask you please stop posting
    Biosignal
    Sorry but I have to agree with Rezzurected. Adding more perks to the older maps isn't a good idea. I mean sure, it will make things a bit more interesting but as said on these forums before, the maps were designed without the newer perks in mind (Flopper, Stamin-up and Deadshot) and adding these perks to a map like Kino which is already dead easy would be overkill.

Change is good sometimes but some things just need to stay classic.
    davidjulian102030
    Just a thought. Thanks for the reply. Better then douchebaghefferman
    In reality all the maps are pretty easy. The only hard maps are nacth, verruckt and shi no numa. But those don't have PAP or perks(NDU)
    theres already speed cola on kino.  its in the mp40 room
    yellowman7884
    I also agree with Rezzurected. Why does everyone always have a great idea to make the game better. It's usually a pile of crap. Proven by this thread. I'm 40 and i liked his link.
    I highly disagree with you; I think they shouldn't be changed. HOWEVER, you seem to be mature, and you made your case very logically, and I respect that.
    yellowman7884
    mature? and Your name is... MurderMachineX. Not best placed to make a judgement on maturity with a 3 year old's online tag.

Biosignal wrote:

Sorry but I have to agree with Rezzurected. Adding more perks to the older maps isn't a good idea. I mean sure, it will make things a bit more interesting but as said on these forums before, the maps were designed without the newer perks in mind (Flopper, Stamin-up and Deadshot) and adding these perks to a map like Kino which is already dead easy would be overkill.

some things need to stay classic...your right... the real die-hards can play WaW if they want it old-skool
    but why dont give it a change in black ops? maybe its for the better.. nobody knows if you dont try it.

and many people also suggested that treyarch should give us some custimization options
    so people who want to play it the classic way can play it like that, and people who like to spice things up can also do it..     

win - win  situation if you ask me..

yellowman7884 wrote:

mature? and Your name is... MurderMachineX. Not best placed to make a judgement on maturity with a 3 year old's online tag.

I'm quite proud of my name, actually. Completely capitalized, no numbers. Sure I had to add the X, but it gives a completeness to it. I use it on more than just this forum. The drawback, however, is that some people find it a bit violent. But, you know, what are you gonna do? Anywho, it's violence isn't a problem on a Zombie forum.

But thanks for inquiring upon this decision
    FireeriF
    Yes.  They should just put a playlist for zombies to get rid of this problem.  

yellowman7884 wrote:

said the man that calls himself:  yellowman7884
    yellowman7884
    Maybe Treyarch will employ all the hot idea spouting jokers here for their next game.

But I doubt it.

And I'm glad.
    FireeriF

yellowman7884 wrote:

Maybe Treyarch will employ all the hot idea spouting jokers here for their next game.

But I doubt it.

And I'm glad.

In what and whom do you mean because your on here amigo
    but I understand the measure of what you are saying and why wouldn't they add a idea off the forums if it best helps the game. Putting a playlist for zombies will expand and not just settle the agruements about certain perks being on what map but even give us a better choice for gameplay on a great game.
    davidjulian102030
    When did I ever mention speed cola on kino :S?
    My psn name is gingerbreadman does that make me 12 years old? No you could be 40 but like funny names like mycoxafloppin.
    I think options for private match are the only way to satisfy everyone. And even then I bet all those who say no keep the maps classic would still use the options to cater to their likes.
    I just thought it be a way to make natch easier and funner but still extremly difficult.
    Never add jugg to natch that's the one thing I agree one. Its fun having a map where you don't have a lot health.
    Psychobilly-

Rezzurected davidlsofferman wrote:

This is why you don't give kids candy. They want more and won't STFU until they get more.

I absolutely agree 110%!!!!
    Adding more perks 
    Upping the limit to 5 perks in next game seems logical tho. Especially If they add more perks.
    4 of 8 can be tricky . 4 of 9-12 will be horrible.

But really as long as there's jugg it's all good.
    nayrc

Biosignal wrote:

T
    This

First of all I'm not here to troll but I have to comment on the fact that you said not wanting the perks on the old maps means your not a true zombie player, what perks you like doesn't make you a "true zombie player"

Sorry but i had to say that, Now on to my point

Adding the perks to the old maps IMO would be a bad idea.
    The reason is that as biosignal said, these maps weren't designed for the new perks, it would make them easier and easier isn't better, you want a challenge, something to test you, but that doesn't mean it can't also be a fun map.

Adding mule kick changed up stragetys, but they didn't change the gameplay, you are still using the same guns.

Adding PhD for example it makes you immune to explosive damage and explode when you DTP witch changes gameplay.

And to look at it from 3arcs perspective
    They  added mule kick to keep people playing zombies when mw3 comes out and to get people to go back to the old maps,

With adding things to old maps they can never please everyone and they have two choices
    1.add perks/PAP ect. And annoy/please some people
    2.don't add anything and annoy/please people

And the easiest thing to do is nothing, and still be pleasing people.
    davidjulian102030
    I doubt they would add more perks. The 8 we have now add everything you need to survive. The next step and its inevitable is to add pro perks this would make a way to have 16 perks. You know what I mean

When I said your not a true zombies fan I mean in the sense that if you wouldn't like to customize then I don't understand :S. I understand that adding mule kick only gave you an extra gunslot and something like PhD would drastically change the gamestyle. But if you don't want to use the perks or pap then you wouldn't have to. Its not like if they added all the perks and pap to nacth they are forcing you to use them. Like I said best way to please everyone is add options for private games
    strablind
    They should have kept the classics maps the same way it was on WaW, not nerfing the DG-2,Ray gun and monkeys and not having these new guns, and also i think Kino would be more fun with the WaW guns.
    davidjulian102030
    As many people would arguee. These are the REMASTERED maps which means they are different from waw. If you want the classic maps go play waw looool. I do agree that they shouldn't have nerfed the DG2. Everyother wonderweapon can kill 24 zombies with almost no downside yet when the wunderwaffe is pap it still only kills 10 :S? That makes no sense. At least make it 20. And I'd love to have the waw weapons instead of black ops
    strablind
    I play WaW much more than Black Ops because of this, i only play the maps from Rezurrection when i play Black Ops, the rest of the maps is garbage.
    nayrc

davidjulian102030 wrote:

I doubt they would add more perks. The 8 we have now add everything you need to survive. The next step and its inevitable is to add pro perks this would make a way to have 16 perks. You know what I mean

When I said your not a true zombies fan I mean in the sense that if you wouldn't like to customize then I don't understand :S. I understand that adding mule kick only gave you an extra gunslot and something like PhD would drastically change the gamestyle. But if you don't want to use the perks or pap then you wouldn't have to. Its not like if they added all the perks and pap to nacth they are forcing you to use them. Like I said best way to please everyone is add options for private games

The thing about this is the leader boards, the people who don't use the perks wouldnt get as Hugh ect.

But I see what you mean in the private match thing, meaby if maps with all the new perks ect. Wouldn't record on the leaderboards but personaly I can guarantee they won't add that to BO and doubt they will add it in the new COD with zombies because it would discourage some people to buy the MP to get new maps if they can just change the old ones
    But I would love to see 3arc prove me wrong
    FireeriF
    ok we have WaW original maps and black ops maps what are we complaining about?
    not having the perks you want on a map? I agree if you want a certain perk on a map you should be able to get it. thats what a playlist is for.
    regardless if it makes it easy or not it's still fun to play.
    I'm not saying I don't like the game how it is. Do you think we should just be happy with what we got. in a sense yes I agree but then on the other hand why should we stop placing ideas we have to improve the game to our liking. Most might be bad but say why it would be bad. which you did and you think it would make the game easy and easy in your opinion is bad. but some like it to be easy and some don't. I like both therefore a playlist should be set into zombies. sometimes I wish I could just start at round 20 and go from there with pap weapons and enough points to get perks that I want. but then sometime I like that I have to start from the beginning. That's my opinion

Anyway ultimately treyarch are the ones that have the say of what goes in the game. We can only give suggestions of are ideas. And I think we have the right to. "lets have are cake and eat it too" so what you are saying what we have will suffice for you than a playlist for the different gameplay modes will not have the slightest effect on how it is now. and better you will have other options to choose from.
    davidjulian102030
    You say that if they added. Options then people wouldn't buy the new maps?  But I mean make simple options like maybe set a hleaht limit for people so instead of 2 hits it would take 3 hits, the zombies run speed and agression, the zombie spawns per round: so low would mean less zombies per round and high would be lots of zombies per round. Maybe change the perk locations or the perks so instead of speed cola on kino you would have stamin up. Reserve ammo for all guns normal, x1.5, x2.0. Chance of zombies dropping powerups. Time limit of traps, cost of mystery box.
    I could think of more but these are just examples of small options that would make the game so much more fun to play. You could make a game extremly easy just to have some fun or make it very hard to challenge yourself
    Joshwoocool
    I think It is dumb to say adding new perks would ruin the clasics,My proof is simple say that new perks ruin the clasics is to to say Blops weapons ruin the box,Thunder gun ruins nacht,and winter's howl ruins Verrückt,simple as that