8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2011 12:17 PM by mdub RSS

Just pretend..

Pretend that you are not an in-depth gamer, but still like video games. You have no idea about the COD games or community and play cheap mediocre games because that's all you can afford. Pretend that a friend gave you Black ops as a present.

Note, all the other FPS games you've played are not very well liked and/or have awful mechanics.

How would you react to playing MW2 or Black ops?

Be honest please, this is not a thread made for people to complain about things they don't like any any of these COD games. I just want to know what your reaction might be

• Re: Just pretend..

Now by cheap, mediocre games, you mean older games that have price reductions? This scenario doesn't work for me. *attempts to be serious*

I used to play F2P PC games, and most of them were pretty crap. I got into Black Ops after buying a 360 simply because my friends recommended it for me, and because my cousin introduced me to non-WW2 COD games. Honestly, if they wouldn't have said anything, I probably would've seen Black Ops as just a normal game without much to offer.

so the ability for smooth mechanics and killstreaks that you can achieve seems like nothing special after playing older games? Think a little deeper into it, like pretend you "discovered" the COD series

SmokeyCheese1

Tough scenario - I was playing FPS games since OG Wolfenstein 3D in '92 on my 286/66 and 30mb

But I would say that if I had discovered Black OPs without having played any others than it wouldve left me drooling in anticipation for more.

iamhollywood5

I would love the 60 frames per second and smooth controls but notice its also a shallow, over-simplified game with a lot of balance issues and BS that caters to casual gamers.

mdub

iamhollywood5 wrote:

I would love the 60 frames per second and smooth controls but notice its also a shallow, over-simplified game with a lot of balance issues and BS that caters to casual gamers.

I would say thats every COD.

My roommate just recently did exactly what you are talking about. He just started playing Black Ops on my XBOX when I wasn't there or we would switch off when I was but he had never played a FPS or COD ever and he loved Black Ops. I personally thought Black Ops sucked. Hope this answers the question. Oh and he is pumped for MW3 lol