30 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2011 7:58 AM by 09jbarnes RSS

Proficientecies what a load of rubbish :(.

As the titles says,so you use a gun and it just gets better,in paper is a good idea but the reallity is completly diferent guns,will be too strong and smg laser beans(from the videos i have seen even with rapidfire on),all of this without sacrificing anything while the gains are massive.

My concern: I loved the ACR and rushed with it most times and loved it,had golden titles by second prestige,it had no recoil and was weak so i used its strong points and always went for head shots was fun give up power to gain accuracy(my strong point).

The point being hight powered ar's will be whored to death just like world at war after almost 3 years people will only use the mp40,so much for game diversity what a load of rubbish.

Why not loose perk 1  to use these?Will make game more ballanced.

• Re: Proficientecies what a load of rubbish :(.
    fantasmo

What are you trying to say? You ARE giving up something, you're sacrifcing the other profiencies  if you want less kick you have have to sacrifice having 2 attachments or having focus (Less flinch when shot at).

Also your post seems really out of order are you talking about OP SMGs or OP ARs and I don't see why a certain gun will be over used because of proficencies, I saw a lot of gun variety from the videos and people were doing fine with any of them .

i think weapon proficiences is a great idea now i can use both scavenger and the 2 attachment proficience

Your assessment of MW2's ACR is a little off.

It's weakness was totally offset by it's accuracy. It didn't matter if the ACR was a tad weak because every bullet was guaranteed to hit.

1. ACR was OP in mw2.

2. Using a perk slot would make perks unbalanced.

3. You can only use one proficiency at a time.

4. Look up what you think is going to be a problem without raging like a 12 year old that knows nothing.

5. The game hasn't even come out what a game looks like on paper can be radically different to real gameplay depending on multiple factors such as community and maps.

dstr001

OK, first of all, if you are going to whine, at least SPELL said whine properly; they are called proficiencies.

Second, i really don't see anything wrong with them, it makes sense that the more you use said gun, the better you get at using it, "weapon perks" as i call them, replicate this, and are a great new addition IMO.

Third, every gun has had recoil and sway added to them; the ACR WILL NOT BE the laser gun it was in MW2, no gun will be, as the sway will make it difficult to aim long range, and the recoil will make it harder to stay on target, in order to negate these, a "weapon perk" will have to be used, using up the perk slot anyway.

Finally, no one even knows how much of an effect these new additions actualy have on the weapons, why don't we wait until the game is actually out before we start negative threads on them shall we?

Tbh, I agree. I was going to post this, but it seems you cant post your thoughts on these forums without being flamed. I think they bring back the issues with MW2 which they had 'erased' from MW3.

Weapons had barely any recoil in MW2. So in MW3 they increase the recoil and add sway to the ADS of weapons. All seems well. But then they add Kick and Stability.... SMG's aren't supposed to have little recoil, so adding kick will probably make them dominant yet again as they will now own CQC and medium-long range.

I don't want to complain about a game I haven't played but I'm very sceptical after MW2 and I don't have too much confidence in IW anymore. I certainly don't think Kick should be available on SMG's.

Others disagreeing with the original post isn't flaming. It's a discussion. Everyone in this thread including yourself has made a claim and backed it with a claim (whether or not the claim is correct or opinion).

The trick here is that you can only have one proficiency. It appears they increased recoil, sway, flinch, and who knows what else. So you can reduce recoil, but you will still sway. Or you can take away sway, but you'll still have to deal with recoil.

Like you I don't want to make a judgement until I have the game in my hands, but I don't imagine it will take us back to the laser guns of MW2.

I'm with him,  you can choose one, and then that also goes with, do you want your gun silenced? Do you want another attachment on it? Is it worth giving up extended mags for a little less recoil? It's all a decision, you can still be easily outsprayed from somebody with extended mags.

Vibes wrote:

As the titles says,so you use a gun and it just gets better,in paper is a good idea but the reallity is completly diferent guns,will be too strong and smg laser beans(from the videos i have seen even with rapidfire on),all of this without sacrificing anything while the gains are massive.

My concern: I loved the ACR and rushed with it most times and loved it,had golden titles by second prestige,it had no recoil and was weak so i used its strong points and always went for head shots was fun give up power to gain accuracy(my strong point).

The point being hight powered ar's will be whored to death just like world at war after almost 3 years people will only use the mp40,so much for game diversity what a load of rubbish.

Why not loose perk 1  to use these?Will make game more ballanced.

If you're worried about these things being unbalanced, go play bare bones...

Complaining about MW3 is all the rage w/ the kids nowadays. I have no issue w/ people complaining about negative/annoying aspects of a game they've ACTUALLY PLAYED, but all this pre-launch b*tching is just pathetic.

Simple solution for all the whiners: Don't like it? Don't ******* buy it. BAM! Problem solved.

mojocu

Proficiencies, yet another massive blow to people who prestige. 

No one's forcing you to prestige. Prestige is a choice & it comes at cost (to which you receive 3 such warnings before you prestige). That's the problem with this community -- everyone wants everything w/o the sacrifice. It's why the franchise is in the shape it's in.

mojocu

Sacrafice is losing all guns, now it means 'most guns' if you choose to keep them.  It still means losing ALL pro perks.

Don't act like it doesn't hinder you enough already.

This community bla bla bla, shhhhhhh.  Go say that in the deathstreak threads or the care package for people not good enough to get a high killstreak threads.  This is yet another addition to help people who don't play much.  It's for the weak, it's not for general equality. 

These games become more and more anti-talent to appeal to the masses.  The high majority of the time, the better players prestige, this is a way to keep their skill down while allowing weak players to excel. 

I'm throwing a lot of things into this I realize... but let's add into the fact in BO you could hipfire guns with extreme accuracy.  From the videos it looks the same way in MW3.  Again, it's pro the weak players, anti players who try and actually aim with technical ability rather than allow aim assist to beast it up for them. 

All in all, I can't wait for MW3. 

bla, that is a bunch of rubbish talking, but oh well.  I'm going to post it anyways without re-reading. 

Edit: I don't think proficiencies are going to break the game, but I think it again turns CoD into the wrong direction, which is more and more pro-equality, rather than forcing the weak to pick themselves up and get better.