1 2 3 4 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2011 7:01 AM by phunzor Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: This are for new players who just starts out (Noobs) or players that don't know how to play well

Bro btw Noob is someone who has played the game for a long time and hasn't gotten any better at it and a newbie is someone who is new to game and isnt very good atm.
    Haha and keep up the advice many people will need it

• 11. Re: This are for new players who just starts out (Noobs) or players that don't know how to play well
    gallp13

Tip: Don't get shot?

Sorry couldn't resist...self control issues...nice thread.

• 12. Re: This are for new players who just starts out (Noobs) or players that don't know how to play well

I have a good one. Never go with those high killstreaks which you may earn once every ten games. Go with the classic 3,5,7 setup, that way you will earn support from your UAV, which will help lead to the next killstreak etc.

Also, stick to the outskirts of the map so there is less chance of someone flanking you. Equip an accurate assault rifle and keep a good sight-line over the choke-points of the map.

The best advice is to just experiment and find your ideal class setup and become consistent with it over time before moving onto other classes. Sure, at the start your stats will suffer but it is the fastest way to get used to the way the game plays.

• 13. Re: This are for new players who just starts out (Noobs) or players that don't know how to play well

What iSJx says is kinda good stuff. Just stick to the killstreak rewards you can actually reach. Also make sure you're able to actually GET the killstreak reward, which most of the times depend on the gametype. There's no use in setting up a Sam Turret/Care Package/Sentry Gun when you're playing Free For All.

Even though I'm just some random guy having a bad K/D, I'm pretty good at winning Domination. Simply because I support my team, get the objectives and don't care that I die getting them.

Here are my thoughts on killstreaks and perks based on some game types and skill (it's currently for Black Ops, but you can use similar perks in MW2 etc). Everything is based on assault rifles, SMG and LMG. I won't deal with shotguns and sniper rifles because 1. I can't handle them (never took the time to master them) and 2. They're oftenly used the wrong way. People tend to run around with a shotgun and diving into every situation because they are most effective at close range, but they fail to understand that you're most of the time not 1-on-1. Sniping rifles on the other hand are most effective at medium to long range. People tend to use it for camping purposes, which is just ghey.

Anyway:

Free For All Novice:

Perks:

- Ghost

- Sleight of Hand

- Hacker

Killstreaks:

- 3 Spy Plane

- 4 Counter Spy Plane

- 5 Napalm Strike

My idea on this class:

See them, but don't let them see you. Reload and aim faster so in case of a combat you'll be able to come out on top if you both emptied your magazines. Even though you can reload fast, try to shoot in short bursts. It saves you a lot of needed bullets and it's more accurate. With hacker you will detect claymores so you won't run into a building to cover and still die.

If you play slow (don't run when you don't need to), the killstreak rewards are pretty easy to get. You'll be able to see the enemy and the enemy won't see you because of the Counter Spy Plane. The Napalm Strike allowes you to get some extra kills, but will also allow you to block a route to your current area. It's also takes you just 3 seconds or less away from the field.

Free For All Advanced:

Perks:

- Scavenger

- Steady Aim

- Hacker

Killstreaks:

- 3 Spy Plane

- 7 Attack Helicopter

- 8 Black Bird

My idea on this class:

As an advanced player, you already know how to play well. What spots to avoid and how to navigate through each map. Scavenger will allow you to stock up bullets and frags, so you won't run out before you reach the higher killstreak rewards. Hacker makes sure you won't die over a hidden claymore.

You're good enough to get to 9 or 11 kills, but the game type allowes only 30 kills. Based on your perks and skill, you have an edge over the other players. With the Spy Plane and Black Bird they're visible to you. Even after you died. The Attack Helicopter gives you some extra kills. It will drive people inside buildings and occasionally get someone out which holds a Strela.

Domination Novice (support):

Perks:

- Ghost

- Sleight of Hand

- Marathon

Killstreaks:

- 3 Spy Plane

- 4 Counter Spy Plane

- 5 Care Package

My idea on this class:

It's kinda the same as FFA Novice. You get a spy plane in the air to benefit the team. You get the Counter Spy Plane in the air to disturb the other team and the Care Package is just an incentive mostly for yourself but oftenly will benefit the team aswell. As 3rd perk use Marathon to sprint longer and reach objectives sooner.

Domination Advanced:

Perks:

- Hardline

- Sleight of Hand

- Hacker

Killstreaks:

- 4 Care Package

- 8 Chopper Gunner

- 10 Attack Dogs

My idea on this class:

With Hardline it would be nice if you have it upgraded to pro. It will allow you to change the contents of a care package. With Domination there's a lot more free space and while your team mates are shooting the enemy, you'll be able to get retrieve your Care Package without getting shot for it. In case you don't have a good drop spot near you, keep your package on hold until you die and respawn.There's no need for Scavenger. One or more of your team members will have a Spy Plane and oftenly a Counter Spy Plane in the air. This combined with your team members fighting the other team, allowes you to easily pick up your enemies weapen and make it your secondary or new primary. Because it takes a while before you reach 200 points, you will have sufficient time to make a 8 and 10 killstreak. Let your dogs run and get the Chopper in the air for maximum effectiveness.

Some people prefer to have the Chopper in the air and afterwards unleash the dogs for a higher amount of kills, but in my opinion, if you do them both at the same time, your team mates have the ability to secure all 3 objectives and deliver you the victory.

An additional note:

Make sure you're team is balanced. Don't be an ass and just go for your own kills in objective game modes. I find myself in a lot of games where good players just use Domination as an upgraded version of Team Deathmatch to get 50+ kills. Sure, in one way this is helping your team dominate the objectives, but sadly it's unballanced now. There are too much people just going for their own personal win, resulting in bad or mediocre teams taking the victory because the other team was just here to kill.

I can't say this enough: Don't play objective games if you don't care about the objectives!

• 14. Re: This are for new players who just starts out (Noobs) or players that don't know how to play well

You could add DON'T CAMP to the list? People will always hate on Noobs if you camp. Hopefully with "Point Streaks" it will enourage people to "Play The Objective!"

• 15. Re: This are for new players who just starts out (Noobs) or players that don't know how to play well

1. Don't chase

2. Don't trust the radar (ghosts, silencer)

3. Learn to play ironsight, the silencer or extended mags are more usefull

• 16. Re: This are for new players who just starts out (Noobs) or players that don't know how to play well
    Fireman0025

^^This does help alot

I would also add critique yourself all the time. When you die look at what you did, and how next time you should do it better. You will soon find that you generally are dying for the same reasons over and over.

• 17. Re: This are for new players who just starts out (Noobs) or players that don't know how to play well

Try not to "cap" flags solo in Domination. Solo capping generally will lead to death because of how long it takes. Try to stick with a teammate when capping. You can both watch for the enemy while quickly getting the capture.

• 18. Re: This are for new players who just starts out (Noobs) or players that don't know how to play well

I agree, but another plus is that you get more practice playing the game the way it was designed for us to enjoy.

• 19. Re: This are for new players who just starts out (Noobs) or players that don't know how to play well

Practice first in combat training if it is present in this game. I did in BO to know the MP maps and practice with different weapons to see which gun(s) I should use in MP.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next