18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2011 2:33 PM by vindie_viper RSS

Play Legit Copy, Get Banned?

mojocu

Has anything changed this year vs years past?

In the past if you had a legit copy of the game, you would not get banned.  Of course you would get banned if it was over a week early, the first few only, etc, but you wouldn't get banned for a legit copy the Wednesday before it was released for example.

Have they stated anything different this year?

I don't want people saying 'any early copy is not legit', because that's not what TA and IW have said in the past as long as it wasn't 'too early'.

and no... I do not have a copy yet. 

• Re: Play Legit Copy, Get Banned?
    rankismet

mojocu wrote:

Has anything changed this year vs years past?

In the past if you had a legit copy of the game, you would not get banned.  Of course you would get banned if it was over a week early, the first few only, etc, but you wouldn't get banned for a legit copy the Wednesday before it was released for example.

Have they stated anything different this year?

I don't want people saying 'any early copy is not legit', because that's not what TA and IW have said in the past as long as it wasn't 'too early'.

and no... I do not have a copy yet. 

Yes... your pirated copy will get you banned... your purchased copy won't.

... and, oh...

You like the word "legit", huh?

i would say if you receive a 'legit' copy early. Just stick to singleplayer or spec ops offline just to avoid the activision ban hammer.

mdub

bhav11 wrote:

i would say if you receive a 'legit' copy early. Just stick to singleplayer or spec ops offline just to avoid the activision ban hammer.

Your plan doesnt work considering all games on your xbox are timestamped. Nothing has and ever will happen to people who get a legit copy early anyways.

ghostsquad

You're not receiving a "legit" copy of MW3 until 12AM 11/8/11. If you get one before then, good luck not getting banned. I will have no sympathy.

If you're in the UK, the chances of you getting your copy early are pretty slim after Activision's request that no-one is to ship them before November 7th.

However, Microsoft can tell the difference between someone playing a pirated copy and someone playing an officially liscensed copy. So you shouldn't be banned if you are playing a legit copy. Unless, you are playing like a week early, some people have been banned in the past for playing too early but even that is unlikely.

AirborneI

You can't be banned for playing a game online or otherwise after it has shipped to stores.

I'd don't think you'd even be able to play online because the severs would be off

ukscorpz

If the company you order it from sends you it to you early then I'd say crack on!

I remember last year watching a live stream of Black OPs from someone who had a pirated version, they got joined to a lobby full of DEVS - very funny!

biron_w

There's every chance i'll be getting my copy the saturday before it's released. I'll be playing it straight away.

I know people that have gotten games early by finding them in stores sale bin with all the games and dvds in them.. Some early copies are legit.. how they got there are questionable but legitly purchased none the less

Of course you can play the game online if you got a, let's call it your way, legit version. You will never be punished when playing it. I mean reviewers for gaming magazines or websites will get the game several days or more then a week before it's being released, so knoch yourself out if you got it early

Of course you can play the game online if you got a, let's call it your way, legit version. You will never be punished when playing it. I mean reviewers for gaming magazines or websites will get the game several days or more then a week before it's being released, so knoch yourself out if you got it early

all people who play the game early should get banned

i heard from someone a website leaked a copy of call of duty online so i hope the people who are playing the copy will get banned , with it being a leaked copy the only company to have leaked it would have been activision.

this will flag all the chipped xboxes plus same happened with modern warfare 2

so go on play your LEGIT game then you'll get banned for being a pirate arrrrrrr

i heard from someone a website leaked a copy of call of duty online so i hope the people who are playing the copy will get banned , with it being a leaked copy the only company to have leaked it would have been activision.

this will flag all the chipped xboxes plus same happened with modern warfare 2

so go on play your LEGIT game then you'll get banned for being a pirate arrrrrrr

this will flag all the chipped xbox's plus same happened with modern warfare 2

All people who play the game early should get banned

I heard from someone a website leaked a copy of call of duty online so i hope the people who are playing the copy will get banned , with it being a leaked copy the only company to have leaked it would have been activision.

This will flag all the chipped xbox's plus same happened with modern warfare 2

So go on play your LEGIT game then you'll get banned for being a pirate arrrrrrr