4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2011 7:17 AM by I___JSD___I RSS

Can someone answer this for me, can't find it anywhere.

Akarisu

Does anyone know where and how clan making will be done. I see some pics showing that it will be on this site but I'm not sure. Just a little confused.

• Re: Can someone answer this for me, can't find it anywhere.
    jo-mamma75

From watching the videos, it appears that it can be done from the ELITE website or another area that I'm not too sure about.  I don't know if it's going to be on the game disc or a download, but from the sounds of things, there is going to be some kind of "app", if you will, that you can use to access all things ELITE from either the PS Ribbon or the XB equivalent or from within the game itself.  I would imagine that you can also do this there.

However, that all said, I believe that with the free ELITE membership, you can only be a member of 1 clan and the Premium subscription will allow more.  Don't hold me to that though.  I just vaguely remember reading something along those lines.

Go back and watch all the videos that have to do with ELITE and you'll probably come across what I'm talking about.

Akarisu

Thanks, funny how they go into detail fr everything but how the Elite will be functioning.

jo-mamma75

I think a lot of what I'm "remembering / making up as I go" came from things I saw on the ELITE website because I was in the Beta for it.

It really is pretty damn cool.  I think they have a lot of work to do on it and they really need to re-vamp the actual website itself because the page transitions are a little sluggish and navigation is a little cumbersome.  Otherwise, it does offer a lot of information and you can really get into detailed info on your stats.  The competition areas and connect areas I think are going to be killer.  Being able to not only compete on the level that you are, but still get something out of it even if you don't take 1st place is pretty neat.  I had always wished there was a way to find other people from my area or with similar interests or playing styles and now we'll have it.

But, back to the original topic, I'm pretty sure that the ELITE site is where you will want to go for Clan membership and creation.  I would imagine that, once again, they will have something either in the game menu (& possibly something added to BlackOps as an update) or on the game system itself as well as the iOS and Android apps that they will be releasing.

Yeah thats tryue, here is the thing though.... for that app to work with the ps3 xmb there would need to be a new patch added by Sony, i can just see thousands of us not being able to game because of the strain on the servers with all the patch downloads etc, at the same time as the customary mw3 starting patch,at the same time as all these new people are trying to join Mp lobbies.

Yes, im a doom-mongerer