16 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 4:48 PM by anoreo RSS

cod beats battlefield 3

I have battlefield 3 and I have to say the grapics are shocking, the tracking is shocking, the lobbys remain silent, the lets work as a team yet i'm forced to go lonewolf as noone talks... the list goes on. I dont have a p.c that can run it so I use xbox and its like playing a pc game but on recommended settings... BLOODY ****!!! same as bad company 2. I know cod will be like mw2 but extended with some extra bits but I know its got more soul.

Even if i'm in a lobby being abused by some ill informed. under educated. fat 12 year old american kid who shouldn't be playing the game anyway's. Atleast there is some level of communication... Battlefield 3 is too silent, too boring and takes too long to upgrade anything.

I don't care what people say about this and that, cods better or battlefiled is better... end of the day my friends list had two people playing battlefield. come tuesday my entire list will be on cod... those stats speak for themselves.

Bottom line... DO NOT BUY BATTLEFIELD!!!

see you out there!!

basrick2009

p.s. if you do have it on xbox when next in a map look at the floor and tell me is it only me that sees scenery appearing before my very eyes.... this is 2011 not 1992 not seen tracking like that since well syphon filter!!!

im just glad i only paid £4 for battlefield

• Re: cod beats battlefield 3

You clearly have not been playing BF3!!1 BF3 is brilliant and I hope COD will be too.

I 'am a fan of both but it is obviosu that Dice really attempted to make their game better  (which they have) where COD has just copied and pasted the same game that could have been DLC. 

I still have pre ordered Hardened because I know that COD will be cool, it's jsut a shame they have taken out all that was great in Black Ops and released MW2 again.

BF3 ain't as good as BFBC2 was on xbox, BC ran smoother and had better maps.

All that was great in Black Ops? it was by far the worst call of duty! (even for treyarch it was bad)

bad hit detection, bad maps, boring weapons, strange kill streaks even stranger time line.

the list is long, finally a modern warfare game coming out again!

I really don't mind if it looks similar to MW2, it's the best looking game on the xbox!

MW3 hasnt come out yet, you dont know. AND how would you know they copy pasted? You have NEVER worked with codes obviously. Theres a new engine in mw3 by the way... did you over look that?

boondog

To me these games are different.  BF3 was not as good as they hyped it out to be but is fun to play.  I am a big COD fan and can't wait to play MW3.  but i will still play bf3 once and a while

nightpr0wler76

MW3 is NOT using a new engine, Im not sure why you are under this impression, its been using an updated IW for the past few games, they just put a few updates in and say its a new engine, but in fact, its old tech.  They market it as buttery smooth 60 frames per second, but never seem to mention that its running at sub-HD resolution doing it, its native is 600p and is upconverted, so the game is actually not even a high definition game lmao

MW2 / 3 I don't think are using the same engine. MW2 used IW 4.0 game engine, and IW for MW3 is actually calling it the "MW3 engine".

You're thinking they just changed it from 4.0 to mw3, well that's what I thought, but previous versions of the engine they noted the changes and the older versions of the engines..

Here they didn't. The game engine it's self has been recoded to add much more function to in-game features and for the Call of duty Elite full experience.

The graphics are slightly better in MW3 (You'll be able to tell in-game).

MW3 does have better movement etc aswell..

Comparing games like BF3 and MW3, MW3 will win overall by a long shot, because CALL OF DUTY is COD. When that new game pops up, everone ***** them selves.

Sure people are going to complain about the same, but everyone complains aboute very game.

Its always going to be one thing you dont like. But its there for a reason and people will complain and I do feel Mw3 will be the come back for Mw2 and Black Ops.

nightpr0wler76

Its the same engine, it has been for years, it just gets a few updates per game, if you read google it, the lead guy at Sledgehammer says you can see how it has been worked on for years.  The engine is dated, and thats why MW3 looks like MW2 with a tiny bit better textures, the sad thing is, it is still not even an HD game lol

See you only look at stuff about the game and not the reasons why...Bf3 is a good graphic game so im going to use it as an example

Bf3 (console version) Not even true HD quality with only 30fps. I think its almost 720p but it also has smaller maps. People who played Bc2 and Bf3 says Bf3 sucks because of the small maps(Feels like COD) well its a reason why its like that.

Bf3(PC) TRUE HD 1080p with 60fps the maps are big and the gameplay seems more fluid.

Mw3 has 600p and 60fps last time I checked. We all know the frame rate for COD is what make COD and it will NEVER drop below that.

Well why is the console version for Bf3 so nerfed down? Its simple..Its because consoles are not HD compatible and can not have high graphic definition and high fps. Mw3 has had an increase in graphics as far as textures but we will not see anything better in the future until we see new consoles.

Next year lets look at DICE next game. Its going to be Frostbite 2.0 im pretty sure. It will not look or play any better than the previous game(BF3 for consoles) because the game(DEVELOPERS) are at the limit.

BASICLY CONSOLES ARE HOLDING THE DEVELOPERS BACK..IF YOU DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHAT IM SAYING.

I noticed flowers will appear in the grass if you're within like 5ft. That is small little thing, but terrible that they have such a great engine with such a simple.... thing?  BF3 is a great game, just not as good as MW3 will be (I think).

yes

ea servers suck the game is full of glitches you get stuck in the map and you spawn with no gun for like 15 seconds

anoreo

you cant play bf3 solo and get any cooperation because the game denies it. at least u can cooperate in cod