37 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2012 5:57 PM by BenjyBangz RSS

NERF The Snipers !!!!!

lgn19htm4r3

Ok so i have been watching so much MW3 Footage and i have noticed sniping is to easy. Sniping shouldnt be a close range tactic it should be a mid-long range aspect of the game. Also i have seen people hit 6/6 bullets every time which shouldnt happen this proves sniping is over powered. I agree qs should be in the game but not as easy as it is. Sub machine gunners are being turned on by people with snipers panic shooting randomly and killing them. IW SORT THIS OUT BEFORE IT IS RELEASED !!!!!!!!!!!

• Re: NERF The Snipers !!!!!
    jsnsan

You my friend, have just opened the proverbial can of worms.  first you will be humiliated by all the veteran posters and then you will be burned at the stake.   not by me though because i see what your saying. they can be annoying but the good ones are few and far between.   good luck.

gallp13

First I am not a sniper, I am not good enough.

That declared, my suggestion is to improve skills before nerfing. I have recently become

even more convinced that "improve over nerf" may be on the right track.

Allow me to explain.......

I experienced one of the most enjoyable games of CoD recently. MW2 Airport, snipers 5 vs AR and SMG x 5, random lobby. The match was close hauled so to speak. The snipers played a magnificent and very well coordinated game taking and holding in close proximity to flags. 1s1k disadvantage meant they had to work as a closely coordinated team firing rapidly and accurately to hold cap points against a determined foe with superior fire power.

The match was fast pace, determined and characterized by alternating sets of push cap hold retreat regather......rinse and repeat.

The day belonged to the AR SMG team, they earned the win. However it was amazing how a group of random snipers could form up, adopt some very impressive tactics and counter measures to walls of bullets and bring some impressive skills and focus under fire to the game. Sure some were QS but ithis is only 1 or 2 rps again a moving or covered opponent with an SMG or AR. Let them leave the auto aim on I say this seems fair odds on reflection.

One last observation, and again I stress I am no sniper, love my P2000 and my Gallil, the ratio of nerf snipers to nerf other weapons posts is.........interesting......don't you think?

jsnsan

im not the OP but i have to say thank you for being civilized in you response.  too many people get on here and rage/flame for no other purpose than to break people down and look like they have superior intellect. you my friend are being a great example! thank you!

josh1073

i have mw3 legit copy on ps3 i can say snipers are more over powered than the akimbo 1887 before the patch out of mw2  the ads is to fast the hit damage at point blank mean you have no chance of taking a sniper on at any distance they hit you anywhere game over. I have 5 hours logged on mw3 a sniper should not beat a guy using a mp5 at 30ft  a sniper should be 1 shot long range and 2/3 at under 100 this is a game ruening issue if not fixed before the game goes public (its slight of hand on mw2 all over again)

josh1073

i have mw3 legit copy on ps3 i can say snipers are more over powered than the akimbo 1887 before the patch out of mw2  the ads is to fast the hit damage at point blank mean you have no chance of taking a sniper on at any distance they hit you anywhere game over. I have 5 hours logged on mw3 a sniper should not beat a guy using a mp5 at 30ft  a sniper should be 1 shot long range and 2/3 at under 100 this is a game ruening issue if not fixed before the game goes public (its slight of hand on mw2 all over again)

josh1073

Soo... the game isn't even out yet and you complain about snipers before-hand?

Talk about being over-worried.....

No but seriously it's just a game, if they are being cheap then don't play it.

As for me, i'm going to bunker down on spec ops survival for quite a bit when i get the game, then some campaign and maybe some multiplayer.

And then i'll play A LOT of skyrim, since i really love RPG.

TL:DR Play the game for a bit, then judge.

''You can't say that you don't like the food if you haven't tasted it yet''- Me, 2011.

This picture explains what i really want to say.

yates435

If Snipers are anywhere like they were in MW2, then Sniping will be too easy.

You're bad. Nuff said.

Nothing wrong with sniping at all, just because you dont like it doesnt mean its going to be changed

chalmerzxd

Meh, sniping doesn`t bother me too much, I usually get them back with payback or without. Whilst I`m here might I point out that QS`rs and snipers up close are pretty easy to kill?

So you mean nerf them to the point where they're useless as a weapon like in BO? I don't want bolt-actions and claymore camping to be the only means to get kills with a sniper rifle; BO made hardscoping much harder than it needed to be.

As for MW2... meh. As long as you don't ADS or get stunned you should have no problem. It's not like when I shot someone in the back with a Barrett .50cal (hardscoping) they didn't die or anything when the thing should tear them apart horizontally... you have to look at it from EVERY sniper user's point of view, not just your whiny self.

Mate, I have the game since 2 weeks and sniping isn't a problem, believe me, they are good, but not too good.

Please gtfo, with everything in this game you think they should nerf snipers? If the sniper rrifle was the god gun and needed a nerf i think almost every1 would use one, this isnt the case. If anything needs a nerf (not saying it does need a nerf) is would be AR/SMG. People dont get 3:1's consistantly with a sniper rifl like people do with AR and SMGs. Please gtfo the quick scopers nuts.

sweatyclam

It's okay, when you have leveled the shotguns up they counter the sniper rifles by being a OHK at any range as well.

All the Noob tubes will help counter them too!

What has become of this game...........

Kaze96

SOMEBODY CALL THE "WHAAAAMBULANCE"!!!

http://www.pokerforums.org/attachments/general-discussion/1669d1229732773-hey-bag-happy-christmas-wambulance-1-.jpg

Quicksc0p3r

Oh dear... nerf snipers? Impossible. QS is the side effect of having pros/noobs spraying massive waves of bullets. In order to counter those nefarious creatures with GigaFire Rates you can start QS if you have 1337 reflexes and insane accuracy. You miss that shot, you die.That simple!

mickilla

The reason you see sniper rifles being improvised into these unintended quick-scope roles is if anything because the typical automatics so easily trump them, even at long range. Even the SMGs can fight at a distance- the MP7 doesn't even need any proficiencies to do this thanks to its nonexistant recoil.

There is also some blame to assign to the style of cluttered, close combat maps that are so popular this time around, and the unpredictable spawns. All the same, I dare you to make a custom class for normal sniping and then actually try to do it. See how well that turns out for you.

And then there's a whole new can of worms in the form of the aim assist on consoles. Now if your game helped you adjust your line of fire for just a brief moment before recoil kicks in, it certainly makes sense that the best way to take advantage of it would be to then fire the single strongest shot you could, that way it wouldn't matter how much recoil it had. Why does quickscoping really exist? Simple, its just the most obvious way to abuse the aim assist.

But even disregarding all of that, if you wanted snipers to actually behave like snipers, make their traditional role have at least a little bit of merit. As things stand now, regular sniping is the most slow and counterproductive way to play the game. We've all had a few nice rounds guarding flag A on Seatown, but that's about it. A broad nerf to snipers in general only makes it even more impossible to carry out the weapon's intended role.

AssassinDuck14

Alright so if your in real life, No matter where u get hit with a sniper bullet. You are going to die lol........

AssassinDuck14

Alright so if your in real life, No matter where u get hit with a sniper bullet. You are going to die lol........

sniper rifle/quick scope garbage is overpowerd, people camping in corners for 1 hit kills are a joke and ruin the whole game for it. Remove the quick-scoping garbage FFS!

Snipers are not over powered if you can't kill a sniper it's time to get rid of the game seriously the bolt actions get constant hit markers the semi automatic ones either have high recoil a slow fire rate or low damage and on top of that the max number of kills you can get without scavenger is 15 or 20 so how are they overpowered? Typical camper who can't handle being sniped out of his camping spot what's next you complain about the Riot Shield being able to kill you in 2 hits?

Quick scoping exploits the consoles auto aim... It's fricken lame that someone can get a one hit kill and not even look into the scope...majorly gay....  Anyone justifying quick scoping by referencing campers is an idiot....campers/quick scopers are at the same level. 

No.