12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2011 10:00 AM by rankismet RSS

A pre-emptive open letter to the hardcore community from MHCGM

maccabi

As some of you may have seen/noticed/read/heard/guessed/assumed/predicted...it looks like the hc fans didn't get the entire range of game modes again, and there has been a few gripes and the odd dummy (pacifcers for the across the pondy peeps) being spat...BUT it's time to equip rainbows and unicorns pro and look to the postives and put down the tar and feathers for abit.

Now I'm sure like me alot of you have seen the playlists for hc (I won't list them here as I still consider that a spoiler) and to be honest there is a small chance it isn't the final list as we still have to wait to see what changes are made on the actual release day. But from what it looks like we have gained the two new modes, and lost ctf and hq but hey we got dom so who cares ..ok actually we do... but you lot deserved that you know who you are (.......pauses while numerous people scream, rant ,rage, quit, claim to be in clans with a member list getting on for the entire population of china who will now all quit, refuse to buy the next cod game ect ect ect).

So what to do about it well first off I'd suggest give it a few days/ a good week and see how these new game modes play in HC, you never know they might play better than hq and ctf and lets be honest here one thing we did learn from the hc flags and bombs shenanigans is some people did enjoy trying out new modes. So the important word here is feedback not backlash, By this I mean it is better to instead of saying wah this sucks gimme ctf you guys suck wah to explain why you dont like it, These new modes are new to everyone and no one likes change , one thing we learnt from testing the new hc modes for blops was sometimes things you think wont work do and vice versa..

Secondly we have an awesome tool (not me although im sure alot would disagree) this time round in that we have the ability to make custom game modes and upload them to Elite, now if the speel comming from mw3 towers is true, then there is a chance popular game modes could be added at a later date if enough people like /play /use them.

and finally

Thirdly lets try to speak with a unified voice this time round, for those that aren't familar with MHCGM we are basically a collective of gamers who enjoy HC, our members come from various gaming communities, sites, clans to single players who just prefer hc. We have a good relationship with the various COD dev teams and the movers and shakers in the cod community and want to present the devs with a single one stop goto place for a heartbeat on the hc community, The realities are HC takes up a small percentage of the player base that doesn't mean we are ignored it just means we are usually the ones who have to accept compromises more.  One thing we have def taken on board since the flagsandbombgate is the more input we can garner from hc fans BEFORE presenting suggestions to the devs means there is going to be less chance of a percentage of the hc community baying for our blood rightly or wrongly, so new game, new day, new goal,line drawn under blops... scratch off the names you carved in your pitchforks last time and work with US.

All feedback is welcome, suggestions, offers of help, naming first borns after cable but keep it polite and friendly and lets all work together and not at polar opposites for the same goals and lets show these noobs in core how to act .

We will be very active on here , in elite in the group MHCGM, twitter (see the logo new one comming soon) and that facebook thing.

*disclaimer please do not take the fact I posted as an indication that I am some sort of figurehead, I'm just one of many, think of us like the borg without minimaps, I just happened to be the one who posted.

• Re: A pre-emptive open letter to the hardcore community from MHCGM
    craig1985

Now I didn't know we had them two modes, the reason for me playing FLAGS was DOM but for some reason it never came up and I spent so long waiting for it to come into rotation I fell in love with HQ, started hating CTF (my fave mode on core before FLAGS) and DOM just became a bonus.

I will definitely give these games a fair trial but HQ is a must for me and the boys purely for the SPM, we win most games 250-0 and my SPM is 350 this week, was 600th in world last time I checked and all my clan are in top 1000 with one guy at 200 so prestiging became a doddle.

One thing they may do is put CTF and FD in one playlist with HQ and DOM in the other, how sweet would that be but I can only dream.

chalmerzxd

We got dom? I didn`t know that, who cares about ctf and hq..lol

nba23airjordan

VERY disappointed there is no HC FFA.  It seems that playing HC FFA cuts down on the quickscopers that are ramapant in regular Free For All.  I almost exclusively play FFA and this list of HC game modes makes me sad on the inside.

I suggest that maybe a more vocal group than MHCGM might meet the needs of the community in a better fashion.  Not intending that as a bash, just pointing out the fact that despite the claim of having CoD devs and the "movers and shakers" of the community in your pocket, the HC community gets bent over, yet again, when it comes to game modes.  Depite the FLAGS and BOMBS debacle in Blops, we get bent over, yet again, with the removal of HC HQ and HC CTF.  This isn't a HC vs. Core mode player battle, everyone has their own preferences.  This is about a segment of the CoD community that is continually given the shaft with no explanation other than since the HC community is a smaller percentage of total players, we should be happy with what we have and go sit in a corner and shut up.  In all the discussions I've cared to contribute to, to this day, nobody has given me a satisfactory answer to my one main question.  With the exclusion of the top 4 Core modes, the other 19 modes that Core players get to choose from, their player count only equals the 5 HC modes available to the HC community.  Who is the minority?  Why do Core modes that never crack over a thousand players, despite being in the MOST POPULAR game mode, granted immunity from removal?

maccabi

WOW_wtf wrote:

nobody has given me a satisfactory answer to my one main question. 

No you got your answer numerous times you just didnt like it, HC is the lesser played game mode with fewer spots for playlists. But now dont assume the mindset of the iw devs is the same as the blops team, it might not be, 

But it's nice to see after all these months your attitude hasn't changed much.

but hey know what this is exactly the same as blops now, that too shipped with no ctf and hq either, so seeing as once again you showed your distate towards MHCGM why dont you go off and make your more "vocal" group and get them added yourself? But becareful theres a very thin line between vocal and entitlement whiner.

and correction the phrase was "relationship" not "in our pocket", ie we have spent time, introducing ourselves, getting the name out there, and basically being friendly and polite .  But please refer to the original comments about line drawing and the postives to date and the fact you could get these modes added if there is enough interest.

rankismet

maccabi wrote:

WOW_wtf wrote:

nobody has given me a satisfactory answer to my one main question. 

No you got your answer numerous times you just didnt like it, HC is the lesser played game mode with fewer spots for playlists. But now dont assume the mindset of the iw devs is the same as the blops team, it might not be, 

But it's nice to see after all these months your attitude hasn't changed much.

but hey know what this is exactly the same as blops now, that too shipped with no ctf and hq either, so seeing as once again you showed your distate towards MHCGM why dont you go off and make your more "vocal" group and get them added yourself? But becareful theres a very thin line between vocal and entitlement whiner.

and correction the phrase was "relationship" not "in our pocket", ie we have spent time, introducing ourselves, getting the name out there, and basically being friendly and polite .  But please refer to the original comments about line drawing and the postives to date and the fact you could get these modes added if there is enough interest.

Macc is 100% right... join the cause or form your own.

IW is not TA.

TA has a demonstrable record of listening to and interacting with the HC community. Like TA, MHCGM has a demonstrable record of gaining the ear of and interacting with COD developers.

Maybe IW will learn how to listen... but it obvious they think they know best.

And while I agree with some of your points... I sure don't agree with their delivery.

rankismet

Missing leaderboards for HC... kinds shocked... but not really.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100569938