48 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 11:41 AM by dalger22 RSS

Disappointed in MW3

redx473

At first I was excited to play it and couldn't wait for it to come out, but after watching many vids i dont think its worth buying.

3 main reasons

1 Snipers are over powerd. ( just watch a vid and youl see)

2 Graphix still same and lame

3 People already got the game and started to preistige befor the official release. (the know op weapons, spwans, and map itself.

Anyone felt the same way?

Looks like im gunna buy Batman = /

• Re: Disappointed in MW3

Dude it's RAD!!!!!

NO COD has been always like that,peoplealways complain bout things

forrest-gump____

Oh shhhhh

Ive been playing it all day today, nothing is OP, perhaps a handful of people know the maps a little better than someone just starting out, but thats not really an advantage to someone that can shoot.

Graphics have improved from MW2 a lot, and the maps are amazing.

Dont be starting with all this whining crap

lostxprophit

dude....everyones stats are getting reset at Midnight on Monday/Tuesday.....if you don't like it.....then f-ing sell your copy -- you don't deserve to be playing CoD at all. no one's gonna persuade me to not buy MW3.

those are the dumbest reasons to be dissapointed in a game. it doesn't take long to learn the maps and even if you don't know the maps well you still should do well since knowing the maps has nothing to do with your ability to shoot people. sniper rifles are the strongest weapons irl so i would expect them to be strong in a game.

redx473 wrote:

At first I was excited to play it and couldn't wait for it to come out, but after watching many vids i dont think its worth buying.

3 main reasons

1 Snipers are over powerd. ( just watch a vid and youl see)Snipers have never worried me throughout the entire series. Won't start now.

2 Graphix still same and lame Don't base your opinions off you tube. Trust me. They are slightly improved as far as textures and lighting. Same engine. How much do you really need them to improve? Focus on gameplay.

3 People already got the game and started to preistige befor the official release. (the know op weapons, spwans, and map itself. When you start playing chances are you will be matched up with people that are just getting the game like you.

Anyone felt the same way?

Looks like im gunna buy Batman = /Should of already bought and beat Batman. Then you could be trading it in towards MW3. Lot more replay value in a title you can play hours of MP in once you beat the campaign. Plus Spec Ops in COD.

i dont care about people getting the game early good for them i say as for how it looks i personally like the way it looks but the cheapscoping is the only thing im not looking forward to if the videos are anything to go by

just buy the damn game

if its going to be so bad dont buy it.... you dont need to ***** about it. the way i look at it is if u dont buy it one less person hear whine when were all online

You are dissapointed in a game you have not even played. That is stupid, if you are concerned just rent it for a week and see if you enjoy it.

What has people already playing it got to do with you liking a game?

By spelling the word "graphics" with an x, I can somewhat make a judgement on you as a player.

Snipers are only powerful when used against bad AR users. Believe me, the people killing you with them, would kill you just as much, if not more, with ARs.

All these people  who are really picky and are complaining about MW3 in stupid ways are even starting to dull down the hype for me a little. I'm sure that hype will be restored when I get the game though. I think I'm just bored of waiting now

if you dont buy it when its released u will buy it sooner or later cause u started out wanting it. once u dont have it and other pple do u will start to think *what if* lol so w.e. u say and if u dont buy it the go buy a game u can beat and get bored of ya know? those games that dont have more than 1 thing to do in them XD

The lack of customization of emblems, etc, that's the only thing bugging me. I'm quite excited to play a new game for a change.

Snipers overpowered..... rofl

yea sure complain on the call of duty forums and then say ur ganna buy batman? Get The F**k Out Of Here.

Tepozan

Snipers in MW3 are the same as MW2. I prefer them a whole lot more than the crappy sniper rifles in Black Ops. Sniper rifles in real life blow off limbs off people and they usually die so why make them weaker.

As for the graphics they are way better than Black Ops. Play the game and you will see! Even MW2 graphics are better than Black Ops graphics. MW2 and MW3 run at 60 frames per second while Black Ops runs only at 30 making it look like crap. Trust me the graphics on MW3 are a whole lot better, the game runs so much smoother with 60 frames per second.

For the people who are playing it already well chances are you'll barely encounter any of them because there will be noobs everywhere once tomorrow night the game is released. (Also theres a whole batch of noobs coming during Christmas too).

Snipingdbag

Yep I'm not getting it for the following reasons

- Sniping / scoping class has been made a childs playground yet again. You Fckin HardScopiN Noooooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.

- Every Class needs little to no aiming with build in Sp multipliers, less kick proficiency and a shitload of perks > yeajh for Campers.

- Stackable Jugg killstreaks > most raged quit cod ever?
    - Say whatever you like it looks just like mw2, people who played that game extensively, will get bored of it quickly.

- Their need to suck off boosters and thus keep tactical inserts in ffas > so stupid it's beyond me, with the amount of people that will use this to complete  challenges by boosting constanty, they simply won't have the man power to stop it like they say they will, in reality just like in mw2 they don't want to stop it at all. They are letting it happen. This is the most annoying and incompetent part of the game. This is what is going full retard to the fullest, especially after the fiasco that was mw2, ruined by this totally unfair crap, yet they just let it happen again catering to noobs to the fullest.

You can see that Infinity ward is run by younger people than 3arch. In fact it's as clear as daylight.

Really not sure why people are complaining about TI's in FFA still. If people are stupid enough to do that with all the new security put in place where IW can review whatever they want, people are going to get slapped with some sort of ban/consequence. From what I gather They have a way to detect people boosting and then they will probably review those games to see what was going on and warn/ban those people. I really hope people are as naive as you and try that crap, then have their stats reset.

Snipingdbag

I know all that, however when one of the leading community “icons” starts by saying “boosting isn't really cheating," you can't take the company seriously at all. The reality is FFA will be full with these people and infinity ward will let it happen just like mw2.

I’m not the naive one here at all, get fckin real. You have any idea how “many” people did that crap constantly in mw2 ffas especially while the game was in his peak? Even now people still boost daily in mw2, they can’t stop it since these moron create new accounts daily, they don’t have the man power to stop the boosting community, which is insanely large. Letting it stay in ffa, completely ruins title / emblem / gun challenges and that in potential superb game mode by itself constantly.

There are easy ways to Stop It in ffa. The easiest way to stop it & not ruin a great game mode for fu-ck all is disabling it & the party system for ffa, It's that simple. But 3arch can’t have good ideas right?

Using the 1 to 5 % that uses it legitimately is the naive thing here. Especially without making changes to how it works technically to prevent boosting and potential spawn killing in the first place.

rlbl

That is a very good point, and 3arc did do well there... but consider this (and this is highly speculative)

Persoan A is a booster, and has an unusual high amount of headshots (along with some friends).  Say IW (or whoever) gets a red flag so they go and investigate the recent games.. boom! all the players are now under scrutinty as they seem to play a lot of FFA and are moving through the challenges rather quickly (i.e. boosting).

I assume this information was available before to the developers... but now it is public knowledge to every COD player (on a specific platform) across all games from Blops Ops forward. If they have also created a "report player" feature as was done in BO, we may get some results.

Again... this is just speculation from what we have heard/read...

Snipingdbag

They will be Tracking the tactical insert, so they say for boosting activity. However with so many, many people boosting, they simply can't stop it from happening constantly in ffa. How many people play cod? How many of these players boosted? It's just too much to handle and by letting it in ffa, they just ruined all the hard challenges and a great game mode.

By just removing it from the game mode, this "idea" of tracking boosters would actually have meaning, as then only big & small party boosters who do it in other game modes (which is rare) would basically exist and they would still potentially get banned by tracking them. Meaning they would actually be able to deal with it reasonably well, but in reality they don't want to and as it is, ffa will get ruined / abused constantly just because IW loves catering to game ruining cheaters & hackers. How many fake 10th got banned in mw2 or boosters? I'll say close to zero unless they also aimbot cheated & created retarded hacked lobbies.

If it really has to be in ffa they should disable the party system for the game mode and disable tokens for tactical insert, meaning only 60 plus something players would be able to use it. People would still ruin / boost in ffa, but significantly less as they would need to be a high level and have to randomly invite people to do it while in a lobby with them or get lucky with a friend nearby getting in the same lobby, tracking them would be easier that way too, with less & less people doing it if they actually start banning & making a second account, would be near pointless as they would need to level it up to get tactical insert again.

looking foward to it mate. Gonna be lengen..Wait For it... DARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looking foward to it mate. Gonna be lengen..Wait For it... DARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rlbl

No Offense but those are the dumbest reasons not to buy the game. If you want it, buy it, if you don't, then don't buy it... simple.  By your logic: there is no sense in buying a game after the release date, because someone has playied it before you.

Who cares if people are already playing it. Hell even if everyone in the world was playing it a month before I play it, I am not gonna cry about it.

And on another note: Who cares if people get their stats reset or not.  We all should know by now that one's level (alone) has NO REFLECTION on their skills. A good player who only starts playing the game a year after everyone else will walk in and clean the floor with sub-par players...

Sorry, just saying.

rlbl wrote:

We all should know by now that one's level (alone) has NO REFLECTION on their skills. A good player who only starts playing the game a year after everyone else will walk in and clean the floor with sub-par players...

Sorry, just saying.

victor agrees

NO.. NO ONE GETS RESET!!!

I DID!!!

Did the prestige coin glitch couple of weeks ago..

Had 9 days and 18hrs of play time, prestige 11..

******* from ACTIVISION banned me for 2 days, and they reset al my stats & emblems..

dalger22

Gelousy wrote:

NO.. NO ONE GETS RESET!!!

I DID!!!

Did the prestige coin glitch couple of weeks ago..

Had 9 days and 18hrs of play time, prestige 11..

******* from ACTIVISION banned me for 2 days, and they reset al my stats & emblems..

Congratulations for being a dumbass.